ABW Ambassador
    I would never have caught this, but for a very unfortunately situation..

One of my better merchants has been down for the past 10 days. I've tried to contact CJ via their support system and have recieved no response in 6 days. Same for the merchant. No explaination. All links got to a "we are updating our site" page. Going to the main page results in the same "we are updating our site" page. And it's been that way for 10 days in a row now. (This is the 2nd time this has happened this year, last time it was for 3 days.) We have never received a warning that the site would be down, and CJ has never reponsded to our questions, and neither has the merchant.

Okay, now get this: They STILL show a none zero 7 day EPC. The site has been off the net for 10 days in a row w/o exception. (I know, I've checked twice a day religiously) So how can they possibly show anything but a zero 7 day epc?

So, not only has this merchant put the screws to us, had zero sales by anyone, but according to CJ, they are still making sales? From a website that is no longer online?

Please, someone explain this to me.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

Hey, drop the other shoe. Woud you mind naming the merchant?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

I believe the EPC figures are only updated once a week, I notice my EPC numbers change on Tuesday mornings.

So, check again on Tuesday and see what it shows. If it's not zero then, it does sound like there's a problem. What you're probably seeing right now are the EPC figures from sales two weeks ago.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by SSanf:
    Hey, drop the other shoe. Woud you mind naming the merchant?

I'm holding off the merchant name for a couple of reasons.

1. I don't know who the responsible party is. To me, this looks like a CJ issue. Why would a merchant be reporting sales that don't exist? It just seems counter productive. Also, I don't even know if they could do this. The site is down. But I don't know for sure, so I'd rather hold off till I can really point the finger. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

2. I'm waiting for some logical explanation from CJ or the merchant. It's been days.. but I'm giving them time to explain it to me.

If it's not resolved, yes, I certainly will name the merchant if it turns out to be their responsibility.

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Andy:
    I believe the EPC figures are only updated once a week, I notice my EPC numbers change on Tuesday mornings.

So, check again on Tuesday and see what it shows. If it's not zero then, it does sound like there's a problem. What you're probably seeing right now are the EPC figures from sales two weeks ago.

Andy

Okay, let's see what this tuesday brings... thanks for that info.

AffJuss,

No offense but some of us are most likely using them. It would help us out to name them so we could check to see if they are down and we can change our links. JMO!

On the other hand if they have been down for 10 days it's pretty discusting that we wouldn't of been notified by the merchant and CJ. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

A merchant might want to report sales that don't exist so they will look like a merchant with high profit potential. In other words, more publishers will want to become affiliates of that merchant. Obviously a merchant will try to keep these sales small so they won't have to pay as much to CJ. I believe there are many merchants on CJ that have been faking numbers like this for a long time.

If you find that the 7 day EPC does not change as Tuesday passes, I think it would be best to reveal the name of the merchant so we can all investigate on our own and protect ourselves from a merchant that might be scamming us.

Not naming the merchant is like send ing an anonymous letter. Hard to get excited about your little secret.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

ABW Ambassador
    Hi everyone. Sorry for my absence. I wanted to wait till Tuesday came and went to make sure. And yes, today, it shows a $0 7 day EPC. they have been down for 13 days now.

I am sorry about not giving the information about the merchant, but as it turns out, the reporting was correct. I just didn't realize it took almost 2 weeks to show up.

However, that really brings how a point.... If this is what it takes to get a 7 day EPC of 0, then I can't imagine why CJ is not vigorously going after those merchants that do. I mean, this site was down for 13 days before it showed a 7 day EPC of ZERO. So those that we find from time to time, CJ should already be moving against, because as we have learned from this case, it really does take a complete failure to show a 0 7 day EPC on a $$$$ or $$$$$ merchant.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread