Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    CJ is a mess!!!
    So, I am happily working along today, going through email offers and clicking on links to retrieve new ones. Everything was working fine until about 5 minutes ago.

Now, for example, I am clicking on links in a Petco email to retrieve the HTML code for the link, when all the sudden I notice that when CJ loads up the link, it is not for Petco, but some some bath place I am not even affiliated with.

Ok, so I go and click on a different link in my Petco email, and low and behold, it loads up a link for some place other than Petco once again. Not the bath place, but some other random merchant.

So now I go to my emails again, find another CJ merchant, click on the link in the email to go get the HTML code for a link, and BAM! Another link to some other merchant.

So, if you are picking up links right now through email, be careful!

Earlier today I was in the CJ interface using the drop down box at the bottom of the page to go get merchant links, and it just quit working. I would choose the merchant and click on go and it would just reload the main cj interface page. It quit opening up the window completely.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

A few days ago I got a link off email and it was formatted like:
    www .cj. com/click-xxxx-xxxxxxx

instead of the usual
    xflifjlid.com type domains

thought i was back in 2002

ABW Ambassador
    Let's try to keep this thread on topic. If you want to discuss recent changes in CJ's domains, there is an existing thread at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=91460

Everything seems to be working again, for the time being anyways.....
    ~Michelle

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Hope CJ reads all the complaints here and provides some answers to what they are doing.

I noticed some freaky tracking just now. I have 71 clicks for one of my CJ merchants that baffle me. The hits are showing as coming from one of my sites that has no links for that merchant. CJ stats show all clicks on the 4th July to 3 different link id numbers.

I have another site with links for that merchant, but nothing matches there either. I have the impression tracking image for these links and no impressions were recorded.

Those link ID numbers are not on any of my sites and my server logs don't show the traffic that would have been required to get those clicks. My links go through a redirect that leaves stats in the database also. Nothing checks out on this.

Read this and went to check.

snafu here, just hope it ain't fubar

I had a CJ sale yesterday that was tracked to one of my sites, but the link was actually on another one of my sites. I only have the link on one article on one site, and I double-checked the tracking ID on that link to make sure I hadn't screwed up. It's correct.

But hey, I'll take a sale regardless of where it comes from!

When I checked in with them this morning, I noticed they have an alert up now stating problems with the product catalogs and that they are working on it.

I had the wrong link/merchant pop up when using the product catalog at their site a couple of days ago, so it's not just a problem when grabbing links through email.

I wonder if they are suffering from the Naked Angel Glitch.

I'm also trying to figure out where some clicks are coming from...out of no where I have some clicks showing up for merchants i have relationships with, but don;t know where the links are. I thought it could be a spider hitting links causing the click but have not seen the traffic yet...i'm puzzled too

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    I wonder if they are suffering from the Naked Angel Glitch.
    I'm more apt to believe Naked Angels are playing straight with me when they report their problems

This combined with the old link URLs showing up makes me think that they tried bringing back some of their old system presumably to fix a problem that worked before but they can't get working since.

At least tracking isn't affected.

Hazel

My balance just jumped over 1K, but I can't find out from where.

Transaction Summary: By Advertiser | By Transaction Type ,
    Shows no info whatsoever.

My balance just jumped over 1K, but I can't find out from where.
    That's the exact amount mine is missing. I'll PM my PayPal info and you can send it to me.

Now I've had about 10.00 disappear, no reversals, no extensions, nothing that I can to cause it.

Weird.
    ~Michelle

You need to ask simcat for that back. Seems they are laundering commissions into his account.

Don't know if this has happened to anybody else, but I had a commission reversal recently for an amount that had NEVER been credited to my account in the first place. I've been in contact with the merchant and she says she couldn't find any reference to this reversal when she looked at her records. I did make a sale for this mechant on the date specified, but the amount of the sale was recorded as $60 and CJ has reversed $11.83 on a sale of $207.84 . The amount involved is no biggie really, but my point is just that, if this has happened once it can happen again. Trying to find out who is to blame here is of course another story! After all we must remember that CJ never makes mistakes

AND another thing I also just noticed... Got an email from BestBuy and, as is the case for some of you, all the html codes contain the ID of one of my other sites where I have no links for this merchant.
    Last edited by Grumpy; July 7th, 2007 at 02:59 PM.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread