Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Houston TX
    Post Xbox 360 warranty extended to three years
    Just off the press.

Xbox 360 users call it the "red ring of death" -- a crippling hardware malfunction signaled by three flashing lights on the front of the video-game console.

Microsoft Corp. acknowledged Thursday that the problem had reached "unacceptable" levels and announced a solution that requires it to experience some financial pain of its own -- a charge of more than $1 billion.

The company extended the Xbox 360 warranty to three years from the purchase date for cases where hardware failures are accompanied by that telltale red flashing in the "ring of light" around the console's power button. The company said it will replace Xbox 360s for free in those cases, and will retroactively reimburse anyone who previously was forced to pay for repairs related to that specific problem.

ABW Ambassador
    Nunya, Business
    A few years ago I was asking people what system they have but I never got one. Then when checking it out again, I always read about the red ring of death and it seems to be a big problem.

That is good to know. My mate sold his because of that problem. I am happy with my PSP but the screen is a bit small.
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=] [/URL]
    t. 514-849-8595

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread