Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question Cj Performers
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum and I just have a question that I haven't been able to answer.
    Does anyone know how many CJ Performers there are? I'm not making $10,000 a month with CJ and I'm wondering if this is possible or if just a few reach this level. I know this is just a random question but thanks to anyone who can answer it for me.

ABW Ambassador

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'll have to aim high.

Also, the earnings level isn't the only criteria. There are plenty over $10k who aren't CJPs.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Also, the earnings level isn't the only criteria. There are plenty over $10k who aren't CJPs.
    Michael: that's interesting -- what other criteria are there? Also, do you know any updated #s on CJP beyond the 200 from 2 years ago?

You can find more details from CJ:

http://www.cj.com/publishers/cj_performer.html

Looking at that, it looks like they've relaxed some of their other requirements. They used to require publishers to be based in the US (but that seemed kind of pointless and they were flexible on it). From what I read on their page, it looks like the main requirements are:

1) $10k/month in commissions for three months in a row.
    2) Ethical affiliates.
    3) Looking to add new merchants ("want to expand their affiliate business prospects").
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

There are nearly 200 CJ performers at the moment - Last I checked, the number had fallen under 200.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Went to the posted link but I don't see where it numbers of names members of CJP. Am I missing it?

They accept performers from specific regions, As I remember.

I think there are more affiliates who are making over $10K than the CJPs, including me.

They really need a CJUP "Commission Junction Under Performer", so that I can feel like I accomplished something!

Heh. Very cute.

Quote Originally Posted by RickPlmr
    They really need a CJUP "Commission Junction Under Performer", so that I can feel like I accomplished something!

lol, just having the patience to deal with their glacial site is accomplishment enough.

Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken
    lol, just having the patience to deal with their glacial site is accomplishment enough.

Bravo!
    lol

As far as CJ are concerned $10K is what they pay - $10K in net earnings is something else.

Get 10k in my dream

Are the CJP's listed by name somewhere on CJ?

No, but they are flagged in the merchant interface. When affiliates apply, the merchant will see if they are CJPs. When merchants look at their list of joined affiliates, the CJPs are marked. I think merchants can even extend special offers to CJPs as a group, too.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Quote Originally Posted by visitourmall
    Are the CJP's listed by name somewhere on CJ?
    No, I think a lot of CJP's would prefer to keep their websites and business models private.

Of course, it didn't help a few months back when some rookie at CJ sent an email to CJP's with the address list exposed.

Are there any drawbacks to being a CJP?

I understand not publishing gthe names. Sure would help rookies like me to see if there was any consistency within the different top performers to learn a benchmark to start from.

What I have certainly learned today, though, is try something and then test, test and test some more.

So test I will ... yikes.

Elkins Park, PA 800-550-6051 X23 robert (*) payday-loan-yes.com
    CJ 10k monthly
    We were thinking about signing up in CJ as an advertiser in their program. Not sure how many good affiliates there are out there. We would be willing to pay any affiliate 20k per month (each) if they could produce.

Wow, I didn't expect so many responses to my question. Thanks.
    I've been playing with internet marketing for several years now but never got serious. Changes in my life have required that I either get serious or get out. I want to make this work. I know it's for real and I know there is money to be made but I also know that I need to put the work into it. I guess I was just wondering how many people made that kind on money with CJ to reassure myself that this is possible and not just some pipe dream.

Elkins Park, PA 800-550-6051 X23 robert (*) payday-loan-yes.com
    Honesty
    Honestly, it is more than likely one in 5,000 affiliates make anything more than $100 a month. You should look esle where if your at $0 and need it to be your main gig. Then when you have a main gig look into small steps toward getting it your main gig. Just an opinion.

If you have good resources and proven techniques you may do well. It really is possible if you have a proven track record. Otherwise you may have to face it is still a "theory" and theory only pays the bills when your a poet or scientitist. Again, just a opinion. Be safe and have a back up plan.

2) Ethical affiliates.
    This was on a page at CJ? The same site that promotes Ebates as a "Performer"?

"reassure myself that this is possible and not just some pipe dream."

It is possible. I know people that gross millions of dollars per year. Some have no employees, no office, they just work in coffee shops on free wifi and net mid-six figure incomes. As an example, check ShoeMoney.com . The guy is a sexist and a complete jerk, but he knows his stuff. There are plenty of others, different business models, but I won't out anyone.

*BUT*, not everyone can do that. It takes time, skill, smarts, working capital, and a heck of a lot hard work. It is an incredibly competitive industry. You can be raking in money, then a program policy changes, the merchant decides to cut your commissions, and your business is toast.

Is it possible? Yes. Is it easy? No.

So, my unsolicited advice is to proceed cautiously.

As an example, Even now after I figure I know this game pretty well, I recently invested 10,000 dollars in building a site that I thought would catch on like wild fire. The site failed miserably. It generates only 5 dollars of revenue per day. So, I should make my money back in about 6 years. ;-)

It was a mistake, but it was a calculated risk, the 10K was a small amount of my working capital, and the site had the potential to generate about 500K in profit per year.

So, I think what you need to do is look at your risk tolerance, hedge your bets, and take a calculated risk where if you lose 10K (or whatever amount you are comfortable with), it doesn't mean you can't pay your mortgage or you can't feed the kids.

I quit my day job 3.5 years ago to do affiliate marketing full-time (only after grossing more in affiliate marketing than I was at my day job), BUT after that, I moved on to become a full-time student (and part-time teacher) working on a Ph.D at a major university. (As an aside, If you don't already have a Bachelor's degree, get into college, Student loans can serve as working capital at low interest rates or to refinance high interest credit card debt. Plus, it allows you the flexibility to work on your business and you are getting an education and eventually a degree at the end which will help you no matter what.)

So, my personal plan, is that in case the affiliate marketing thing doesn't work out, I can always teach at a small college after I earn my Ph.D.. Not a bad backup plan in having a job that pays 75K a year. And, if the affiliate marketing thing does work out, I think teaching at a small college will be a fine thing to keep me busy after I retire, hopefully within the next few years, before I turn 35.
    Last edited by kea12345678; July 10th, 2007 at 05:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast