Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Live report from Affiliate Summit
    Surprised no one has started a thread for this yet, but for those who can't be here, the presummit activities have all gotten off to a great start. I cold not attend the Friday dinner that South Beach Annie coordinated but I hear it was lots of fun.

The affiliate dinner last night was a great meal at Bubba Gumps, outdoors...a bit warm, but quite a unique experience. The roast for Missy Ward, well, I'll let others go into that. Let's just say we learned a lot about Missy (and I'm still trying to seperate fact from fiction with this group of roasters). Great fun though.

After that, I understand two busses of summit attendees went down to South Beach for a night on the town at one of the top night spots there, thanks to the folks at Buy.at. I had to pass on that one (I needed more than the two hours sleep I had the night before). Anyone want to give us a report on that?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I went to the party for a couple hours after the dinner at Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co (btw, thanks to the Schaaf brothers for putting the dinner together!) Posted this first thing I got into the hotel.

Off to Wade's Christian breakfast...

Geno

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    There is a bit of a thread on the summit as a continuation of another thread, but this one is a dedicated thread, so I'll post here.

Been here since Friday afternoon. I've met a good number of new faces and am amazed with some of the things people are doing for a living on the internet. Being here, networking with peers and hearing some of the entrepreneurial things people are doing (or developing) is great mind food.

Friday evening, Connie, Mike, Anne, Michael, Danny K, Adam, and a few new faces joined me at the poolside cabana bar for some beverages and laughs. Had a great time together. For those who have not seen Connie recently, for 38 years old, the girl is looking good. I'd use the word "hot" but I'm married, so I did not say "hot" and would never even imply "hot".

Of course, the bar only had one red bull, which I immediately consumed, and then explained my plight to Coley. In his kind way, Michael then bragged to me about how "he had taken public transportation" to a store in town and gotten 12 RB's. Didn't offer one to me, but it was so nice to hear that he had a large stash for himself.

Luckily Donuts saw my plight on another thread and upon arriving yesterday presented me with a "small" stash of 30 red bulls - so kiss my grits Coley!! (and you better not edit this thread, it's on topic and highly relevant to what goes on at the summit) D-Nuts you are da man!!

Last night a bunch of us hung back for a quiet time at the inside lounge to enjoy some coffee talk. (I think it was about 5 - 6 hours of "little time") Had some great conversations about what everyone is doing, working on, ideas some of us are developing, and everything under the sun. Got to spend some quality time with Judy, (Scooters # 1 squeeze) Super lady - Thanks Judy, can't wait to see you in September girl, you'll love it.

Believe it or not, I actually to to talk about fishing for a little bit with several people too. Go figure...

Today is registration, and then the networking really hits high gear. Lots of booths to visit and ideas to share today, so I am headed off to shower up, get a little breakfast and then start another productive day of meeting, enjoying and learning. (BTW, did I mention it is slightly humid and warm here?)
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I'm here!

Playing "booth babe" at the meet market today (come visit us at the Team Loxly table!) - best get my dragging butt over there!

It was, as always, great seeing some of you last night at the Intercontinental hotel bar!

Outta here to go do it in person ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Nice to see/meet you last night guys. Looking forward to more converstation over the next few days.

I'm live blogging the event officially at http://blog.affiliatesummit.com.

Got any photos/videos you want to share? Send them over to me and I'll post them up. jim@jimkukraldotcom.
    Jim Kukral
    You will love my book: Attention! This Book Will Make You Money

All - I am very jealous. Make sure you tell my AM Jrami what a sharp wit I am, and how I always pick up the tab on big steak dinners (But yes I did collect cash from everybody afterwards) !

Planning for Vegas!
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Thanks to HalloweenMart, I got "volunteered" to be a "Booth Babe" at Loxly's table. It's me and Rexanne - I'm the good looking one

Affiliate Manager
    Just got back to my room for a bit of R&R after spending the past few hours at the Meet Market - that place is a-hoppin'! It's like networking on steroids! Meeting all kinds of 'like minded individuals'. I always find it funny at these conferences how the conversation flows - I can't talk to my neighbor about what I do for a living but here I get to talk to people from around the world that understand! Too cool!

See you all at the party tonight!

Talking Still Passes for tonights party??
    I was hoping that I can attend the abestweb party tonight. I haven't made it to the meet market yet. Are there still tickets for tonight?

You guys don't know how live that summit would be if I were there rocking the dance floor--- it would be taken off like the Space Shuttle Challenger. I hope you guys are having a good time and can't wait for a yall to get back to really start chomp at the bit. Also, post all your cool videos and pics. Exclusive Videos on abw, no YouTubein...LOL

Affiliate Manager
    I picked up mine at the ShareASale booth a few hours ago. They seemed to have quite a few left at that time.

Well, we are half way through the Meet Market and I've about lost my voice. Great crowd here. Larger venue than Vegas, I believe, but lots of activity and lots of interest at all the tables. Shawn and Missy have done a great job, to be sure.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Fantastic time so far! I did make the Friday night event at Opa's! Wow! That was an experience. So nice to meet South Beach Annie, Kim@4checks, Liz Gazer (my roomie), JRamie, Rainmaker, Dave...hum... I know I have missed some names but it was very very loud in there! Food was great! If we danced like that on tables in CA, that would be a lawsuit waiting to happen! Lol fun stuff!

I have met quite a few of you that have recognized me from my avatar, thanks for your hugs and warmth! It's very nice to be so well received as a part of the community! From my heart..thanks so much.

Andy's class ROCKED, as I knew it would on Saturday. Stayed in, had dinner at the hotel with a friend I met in class. Very cool how the community comes together.

I am looking forward to the party tonight, and its getting late so I better get ready.

Is it just me...or is it very very hot and humid? Menopause maybe.....where's the fridge?

Sandee
    Last edited by BeachBDM; July 8th, 2007 at 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

Having a great time!
    Just to echo the others, I've been having a great time as well meeting some of the voices from ABestWeb. Really looking forward to the party tonight, too.

And it certainly IS hot and humid here. Especially for a Canadian!

Cheers,
    Patrick Armstrong
    Online Marketing Manager, ethicalDeal.com
    patrick@ethicaldeal.com

It is humid... But, like I was telling Alan and UncleScooter yesterday, it's always better to have it humid and hot/warm than humid and cold (like in St. Petersburg, Russia, for example).

G.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Affiliate Dinner was great and saw plenty of familiar and new faces there. Had a blast at the Buy.at party at Cameo. Never did make for a walk on the beach though. Maybe do that tonight.

You know it's a bad/good sign...
    ...when you get back to your hotel room and the day's paper is already there waiting for you.
    Patrick Armstrong
    Online Marketing Manager, ethicalDeal.com
    patrick@ethicaldeal.com

It's already been a FANTASTIC Affiliate Summit, and it doesn't even officially start until this morning!

The Affiliate Dinner, Meet Market and the ABW/SAS Party were all incredible. I hear that the keynote speaker this morning is supposed to be fantastic, too.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The ABW/SAS party last light was great. Perfect weather for an outdoor pool side event (even in Miami). What I always find wonderful about getting together with so many people in this business socially is learning just how much we have in common. Places we have all lived, things we have done, hobbies, cars we collect, etc.

A bite to eat out at a diner in South Beach at 2:00 am this morning with several old and new friends was a perfect way to end the day. Let's see, 14 hours sleep in three days and I gave up coffee a couple of months ago. Hmmm, might have to break down and have a cup today.

Like Michael said, only real first day of the summit and already it has been great.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Having a great time so far, looking forward to all the sessions and continued networking!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I made it to the ABW/SAS party last night with my hubby for an hour. It was great to see familiar faces in my hometown!

I'll be at the show later this afternoon and I hope to meet more ABWers.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Great keynote speaker and good sessions today, lunch not bad either. ;-)

Found the PPC session particularly interesting until I found out he does not do any retail products. Still, lots to think about from the presentations.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    This is a great time and lots of GOLD at the presentations!

I'll post more when I don't need o force myself to sleep so I can get more lessons tomorrow.

A bunch of ABWers partied like rock stars tonight at the hotel bar. Lots of laughs and Brian ripping it on the piano was, as always, way too much fun. OH and Danay can SING!

Missing all you who didn't make it but I'm sure you're missing us and this experience more.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Awwwww, thanks for the compliment

I had an amazing time and you cracked me up with all the girl-talk. My husband Phil is still perplexed as to why we would be chatting it up about waxing and shopping at a tradeshow.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Sitting in my room, looking out the panoramic window at biscayne bay and another beautiful south florida day .... ahhh, the hardships of affiliate marketing. Wish this wouldn't end ..... wait, I live here ...

This has to be one of the best summits yet, this summit has been amazing. The mix of presenters, the exhibitors booths seem more diverse, not as much sea of CPA as in Vegas. Good job Missy and Shawn !!

For those of you that are serious about affiliate marketing and have never been to an Affiliate Summit, you are missing out. You are not really into affiliate marketing if you are not networking and talking face to face with people in our industry. This is where business get done folks...

Last night's piano bar was amazing, another Brian exclusive on the ivory keys. Earlier in the day, Brian was sighted at the PianoWizard.com booth learning how to play the piano. Later that night, he had over 75 people singing around the grand piano..... amazing what the PianoWizard.com program can do ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast