Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    My first Ad has gone live! :D
    Hopefully this is the right section for this.. and pardon me if you guys get newbies doing this a lot, LOL.

Anywho.. my first Ad with Adwords is now up and running!! I even had to do a search, and saw it on the first page!! Then I did another search.. to uh, make sure it was still there? I don't know! And it was on the 2nd page.. figure that's normal, I hope! After that, I decided not to search anymore.. don't want to run up my impressions!

And at least I wasn't clicking on it!

Okay, so don't mind the excited newbie.

Congrats...and welcome to the wild and wacky world of PPC marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you.

Congratulations! That is very exciting stuff and this is the perfect place to announce it!

Sandee
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hardaka
    After that, I decided not to search anymore.. don't want to run up my impressions!
    Use http://www.google.com/adpreview so that it doesn't affect your impression count.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Sandee!

Oh, and thanks ghoti! I didn't know about that.

Now all I need to do, is stop checking my activity in SAS! Already have 3 clicks though, so was hoping to see a sale too! I know, that's kind of naive, LOL.

It's addictive isn't it?

When you see that first commission post, you'll get a rush like you can't imagine right now.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, addictive, it is!

Oh gosh, and it will be a lot worse once sales start rolling in. Worse, in a good way! LOL

Off on a tangent...cool tool, but when I checked it my ads weren't showing up...looks like after last months increase to activate my keywords, they have again gone to poor and require another double bid amount to reactivate. Gotta love Google!

ABW Ambassador
    Hope I won't have to deal with google doing that!

I'm curious, does google take a while to report hits? In SAS it says I'm up to 5 hits now, google still says zero. Which, I guess I don't mind, LOL.

Does say I'm averaging 10 position too.. so looks like I need to up my bid or something as well.

Yeah, Google stats are delayed by an hour or two.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, but SAS said I had a few hits before I went to bed as well. So think it would be enough time to show up? Unless SAS and google count different things as hits, LOL.

Google is behind an hour or two on reporting hits, where ShareASale is live. In position 10 you have to watch your ad carefully as you can get knocked onto the second page for a low CTR, someone else raising their bid from the second page, etc. I like to stay in between position 6-9 personally. That way your not paying an arm and a leg for the top 3 positions.

Yeah, but SAS said I had a few hits before I went to bed as well. So think it would be enough time to show up? Unless SAS and google count different things as hits, LOL.
    Yes, SAS and Google do count impressions/hits differently. Your landing page will get visits from the Google AdsBot and other crawlers, which are counted by SAS but they're not AdWords impressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Lanadili -> Seems I've learned something new. Last night when I was researching the keywords I'm using, I did a search on google, and the ads weren't even a full page. Today it's been between 2 and 3 pages. Oops, LOL.

ghoti -> Actually, I'm doing direct to merchant PPC, so I don't have a landing page. Unless the merchants' page can effect it that way too?

Yeah I've experienced that type of thing with Google as well when researching keywords. One thing I have noticed though, is that sometimes they repeat the ads, and sometimes they don't. So the first time you searched, they probably didn't repeat the ads, but the second time they did.

ghoti -> Actually, I'm doing direct to merchant PPC, so I don't have a landing page. Unless the merchants' page can effect it that way too?
    Google has a spider that checks the landing page (yours or the merchant in the case of DTM) and ensures that the landing page is relevant to the ad. This is how the quality score is established and determines if your ads need to have higher bids to be active.

When this happens, of course Google doesn't show any clicks. SAS doesn't separate spiders from real people show it shows clicks. That would be why the two reports don't match.

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, thanks y'all.
    welcome to the wild and wacky world of PPC marketing
    Wow, this really is true! I've tried a new Ad, google said I'd have position 1 - 3, and that was way off, LOL.

ABW Ambassador
    Hurray!! I'm now seeing my first click on google!!

Gosh, I'm too happy for owning them more money now, haha.

The keyword that got the click, also has a CTR of 3.03% at the moment. Not sure if that's good? Only 33 impressions. But I added an Ad variation to see if I can improve the CTR. Plus I'm appearing as high as 6. So think I'm doing it right!

Hopefully first sale will follow now too.

ABW Ambassador
    Good Luck Hardaka! Please keep us posted on your progress.

It's really interesting to hear about your experiences. I've always wanted to give adwords a try but wasn't sure if I had the resources to do it right.

ABW Ambassador
    Really?! I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested, thought maybe I'd be annoying people, LOL. So thanks!! Will do!

I actually don't want to spend a lot either.. I've seen people mention losing 1,000 or more, which is way out of my current price range. So trying for good results with low bids. I think, so far it's going decently.

Really?! I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested, thought maybe I'd be annoying people, LOL. So thanks!! Will do!
    Definitely, in fact I'd bet we're all rooting for you to get that first commission. Just remember us, little people, when you become an internet mogul.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh gosh, I would love that. And I'm just talking about the first commission at the moment.

This forum's description is right! I'm sure other people would think all this talk is geeky, but not here, LOL.

Speaking of geeky, CTR down to 1.96%. But, I'm getting impressions, something I hadn't been able to till this evening, so I consider that a win. Hopefully my variations I added and more negative keywords can drive more hits! And a sale! But for now, I'm going away from the computer, this constantly checking my stats is gonna drive me insane!

ABW Ambassador
    Haha.. wow.. so my first ad campaign after two days is at 2 clicks with 210 impressions, giving me a .95% CTR. Time to retool and change the ad text.

That's my update for those who want to be kept updated.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    I would let it run and start some new ads for maybe similar items but not the same keyword.

Try changing the ad style some and then see what works better.

Also in Google you can try two ad styles on the same keyword and it will try them both at different times and show you the difference in stats and CTR. It will then show the more effective one usually as default and then of course you can delete the less effective one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast