Disappearing Merchants?
    I applied to a merchant in LinkShare, was declined (due to my old site listed in my profile) today. I sent the affiliate manager an email including my other websites, and attempted to re-apply to the program as instructed in the declined email, however, I could not find the merchant anywhere on LinkShare (either in the join list, or the "my merchants" list). Any ideas?

Once again, this is another gripe of mine with the LinkShare interface - Merchants should NOT disappear from any list when you apply to the program, or are already in the program. I'm almost ready to start contacting merchants to see if I can partner with them outside of LinkShare to avoid the hassle of LinkShare's horrible interface.

ABW Ambassador
    After you're declined, you won't see them available to apply again for a little bit, don't remember the exact time, I'm sure someone else knows it. But they'll pop up again and you can reapply.

I found that if I created a new channel I got another chance

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...21&postcount=5
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Joshua, the merchant can accept you into their program without you re-applying. I know this because I've received acceptance emails from Linkshare merchants whose programs I didn't even apply to.

This is a ridiculous shortcoming of the Linkshare interface. Below the searchbox to search for Linkshare merchants, it says:

(Search results will display all matches, not just exact word matches, for all programs to which you have not yet applied. )
    All matches, my foot. Here are just a few examples that bring up no results on a search:

CBS Sports = No Result
    Linkshare Merchant = CBSSportsStore.com

Houston Texans = No Result
    Linkshare Merchant = Store.Houston.Texans.com

Lucky Jeans = No Result
    Linkshare Merchant = Lucky Brand Jeans

Baby Outlet = No Result
    Linkshare Merchant = TheBabyOutlet

And since it also doesn't bring up merchants that have declined you, it should indicate that.

I gave up on the linkshare merchant 'search' long ago. Use some creative google searches and you can find what you're looking for.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    After you're declined, you won't see them available to apply again for a little bit, don't remember the exact time, I'm sure someone else knows it. But they'll pop up again and you can reapply.
    Yes I believe it's a 10 cycle before you can apply again. The merchant is invisible to you until then.

Joshua, the merchant can accept you into their program without you re-applying. I know this because I've received acceptance emails from Linkshare merchants whose programs I didn't even apply to.
    That's true too

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

14 days ?

It's 14 days before you will see that merchant again on search. If you don't want to wait, you can always email the merchant, they can actually approve you manually on their end right away (I've done it for many affiliates)

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread