Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tatto Media - Idiots at Sagamore/Shareasale Party
    Just wondering if any of you guys witnessed anything with the two shirtless guys at the affiliate party Sunday night? These guys grabbed a woman's butt as they walked by, and also tried to look up another girl's dress. Of course, they also stripped to their boxers at one point and were diving in the pool, splashing everyone in their nice attire in the process.

I applaud Shareasale for the way they addressed it, totally professional, but I think this company (Tattoo Media?) should be informed of the kind of clowns they're sending to a convention and exactly what they did. It was completely uncalled for, especially their actions towards some of the women, and Tattoo Media could be held completely liable for the actions of their employees.

If anyone has any more info on this, please let me know. Also, if anyone can verify it was in fact Tattoo Media, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks,
    Dustin

I had the (un)fortunate pleasure of riding on the bus with them to the party. They left from the hotel that way. Then they were sitting across from some blonde and the 3 of them wouldn't shut up. Was glad to get to the party and away from them.

And kudos on the party. Was great, and great that we had transportation provided for us (*cough*). And i actually got into the party 30 minutes earlier that it was supposed to start (*cough*).

And I got to meet Brian.

• anyone who went to Mansion (and early) may understand my coughs.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Affiliate Manager
    Unfortunately...yes. One of them decided to throw a rather nice, glass candle holder over mine and another guys head into the bush behind us.

I think they got tossed shortly after.

Bob

The Whois shows a private registration via 1and1, yeah I'd trust them
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    2 day old post, and it already ranks #2 in Google for a search of their name

SEO service provided by Haiko de Poel....

Be sure to charge them, H.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I bet their goal of acting like idiots was to get their own post and publicity (i.e on Google) . Normal business people looking to expand their business wouldn't act like or LOOK like such fools.

I, unfortunately, had my tush grabbed by one of those guys moments before they were kicked out of the party. One of them is probably still wearing a slap mark that is ironically about the size of my hand. I've never slapped anyone in my life, but it was just so uncalled for at that type of event. I'd like to write their CEO and let them know the type of representation they had at the conference (assuming none of those present was the CEO, Heaven forbid), but first would like to verify that Tattoo Media is indeed the company that these guys worked for. Can anyone confirm?

Shareasale threw a great party and handled the situation very professionally.

I would recommend letting Shawn and Missy know, too. This was an official Affiliate Summit event, and I'm sure this isn't the type of behavior they would condone from attendees or the type of thing that they would want other attendees to have to put up with. I wouldn't be surprised if they're not allowed to attend future events.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I know they were tattoo based in business, but can not positively say it was that particular company. I was trying to ignore them as much as possible so missed most of their conversation on the bus.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Nobody tried to grab me at all at Summit!

BigFoot.

lol. Flamingo, that's too funny. I think I looked extra-attractive since my husband was right beside me.

Thanks for the info, Michael and Mobile. Sam, I'm a newbie and didn't quite catch what your post means.

I had a fantastic time at the Summit and this was barely a blip. But as a business owner, I know that I would want to know if I sent a couple of goofballs to a convention to tarnish my company's image, so I am going to try to track down the CEO. Crazy kids.

They had their shirts off loooong before they went to the party.

Shawn and I were walking and talking when they came strolling by in the lobby to go to the party.

That night though, they were actually thrown out of the party, and then got back in, only to do the same stupid stuff. I saw them kiss tons of girls, in which many of them smacked them for it, and they didn't seem to feel it or care. They also dropped drinks on people at the bars.

I think the best part of it all is that the next day they had ZERO memory of any of it, and were pretty embarressed to say the least, if not completely sorry too.

They were just featured in Entrepeneur magazine too, and yes.. their CEO was there with them, because the twins and Lin (Asian kid) are all partners. Ah well, love them or hate them, they are good guys when they aren't plastered. I like them nonetheless, except when they are acting like idiots, but that's what happens when you don't stop yourself from drinking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeals

I think the best part of it all is that the next day they had ZERO memory of any of it, and were pretty embarressed to say the least, if not completely sorry too.

They were just featured in Entrepeneur magazine too, and yes.. their CEO was there with them, because the twins and Lin (Asian kid) are all partners. Ah well, love them or hate them, they are good guys when they aren't plastered. I like them nonetheless, except when they are acting like idiots, but that's what happens when you don't stop yourself from drinking too much.

Not sure how they could be "good guys" by any measure. To keep it brief among other things they harassed and annoyed many, sexually harassed women (against the law), threw glasses (also against the law - reckless endangerment) and acted in a totally unprofessional manner. If your wife, daughter or girlfriend was on the receiving end of their behavior not sure you would still like them.

I am all for having fun but acting like unruly teenagers at an unchaperoned prom is totally uncalled for. You can have fun, and let loose without acting like an ass and breaking the law.

If that's the business image they want to project then fine. One day they might mature enough to realize the damage they did.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Nobody tried to grab me at all at Summit!
    Yeah but I did see someone trying to push you off the roof at that one party...

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Anne, you and Connie are like an old married couple. You should really settle down together and make it official.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. These putzes have provided you all with great gossip and not only that, no one will be talking about Connie's crappy singing or what anybody wore or who was flirting or drunk or anything else that happened at ASE2007. They'll be too busy dishing on those tattoo feebs. They might have done you all a huge favor, in the long run.

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I would recommend letting Shawn and Missy know, too. This was an official Affiliate Summit event, and I'm sure this isn't the type of behavior they would condone from attendees or the type of thing that they would want other attendees to have to put up with. I wouldn't be surprised if they're not allowed to attend future events.
    That behavior is definitely not acceptable to me, and if they register in the future, their money will be returned.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeals
    They had their shirts off loooong before they went to the party.

Ah well, love them or hate them, they are good guys when they aren't plastered. I like them nonetheless, except when they are acting like idiots, but that's what happens when you don't stop yourself from drinking too much.
    We all make mistakes, but to me that is beyond the realm of a misake. While they may be nice guys who just partied too much, I will always have that picture which they painted of themselves at the party in my head. And I'm sure many others will too.

One thing is getting drunk and doing something funny and harmless, another thing is doing illegal and highly disrespectful things. I would have done some major ass kicking if they would have tried me.

A slap is nowhere near enough punishment for grabbing someone like that. It's thoroughly humiliating.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by BargainJack
    Just wondering if any of you guys witnessed anything with the two shirtless guys at the affiliate party Sunday night? These guys grabbed a woman's butt as they walked by, and also tried to look up another girl's dress. Of course, they also stripped to their boxers at one point and were diving in the pool, splashing everyone in their nice attire in the process.

I applaud Shareasale for the way they addressed it, totally professional, but I think this company (Tattoo Media?) should be informed of the kind of clowns they're sending to a convention and exactly what they did. It was completely uncalled for, especially their actions towards some of the women, and Tattoo Media could be held completely liable for the actions of their employees.

If anyone has any more info on this, please let me know. Also, if anyone can verify it was in fact Tattoo Media, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks,
    Dustin
    omg thats nuts.... I talked a lot with lee and luke... smart guys who do really well in the affiliate industry.

Just for the record they innappropriately grabbed me also =(

ABW Ambassador
    >Just for the record they innappropriately grabbed me also =(
    They must have seen the PICS from your visit to San Francisco.

Wow! I'm glad I missed the unpleasant behavior. I agree with Mellie and Michael on the serious nature of the problem and making sure it doesn't happen again. As much as I like having fun and can somewhat overdo it, this sounds completely unacceptable.

Congrats on our hosts dealing with things gracefully!

Luckily, I had a fabulous time,
    Annie
    [FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Book Antiqua]southbeachannie
    [EMAIL="annie@southbeachannie.com"]annie@southbeachannie.com[/EMAIL]
    [url="http://www.southbeachannie.com"]online lifestyle magazine[/url]

[/FONT][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins
    That behavior is definitely not acceptable to me, and if they register in the future, their money will be returned.
    Well.. as harsh as that one sounds, Shawn is the boss and that pretty much seals the deal on this one. :/

To excuse their behavior because they had too much to drink just doesn't make sense. Hundreds of people there had too much to drink and were behaving fine.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    >Just for the record they innappropriately grabbed me also =(
    They must have seen the PICS from your visit to San Francisco.
    haha no doubt. whats funny is all the booth females who asked if I was doing another one so they could be in it.... I was like ehhh no...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast