Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Getting out and meeting people...
    OK, I'll admit it - I love being home in Colorado, enjoying our little ranch, the mountains, the trout streams, my flyrods, fishing buds and morning coffee visits at the only convenience type store near us. In Jan to May I love being at our little place on the Gulf, fishing with Donuts, (or when he was a fellow Floridian - Uncle Scoot) and other buds, enjoying the ocean, lots of fish, morning coffees with Ellen, and the winter sun.

Then, twice a year, there are the summits, and in between, lunches and other aff events.

Of course, true to form, while we are in Florida the Summit is on the other side of the country, in Las Vegas. Then, when we get back to Colorado, the summer summit is in Miami.

The thought of packing my stylish GQ caliber wardrobe, dealing with airports, sitting bored out of my mind for 4 hours or more on a plane, and living out of a hotel for 4 or 5 days at a time is not my life ambition.

But, when I get to wherever it is that I am going, I find that I am excited about networking with peers, hearing the many entrepreneurial ideas and businesses people are making money with, and of course, seeing "old" and new developing friends that I have come to meet through the effort.

Miami has been no different. In fact, humidity and heat aside (the hotels are nicely air conditioned) this years Miami summit has been a very gratifying experience.

In the past four days I have met 200 or so people I had not personally met before, did some great brain storming with others, enjoyed the social aspect of networking, shared many laughs and a few shooters, and even got a few hours rest. I am tired, but it is the best kind of tired...

When we actually take the time to meet one another, a lot of good things develop. We learn, we make new contacts, we open doors to the future, we get a better understanding of each others businesses, and we lay the base for new friendships, both business and personal.

As I get ready to turn in for the night, I am smiling because there is a huge resource of great people in this industry, and on each trip, I am finding more and more of them. Jonesy, Adam, (and our Colorado gang) great time at the SaS shindig Sunday night. I'll see you all in Sept at our next Colorado gathering. The date, location etc will be emailed soon.

Thank you all!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    Glad to hear you're having a great time. I so wish I could have made it to Miami, but just couldn't manage to get things together. But I'll definitely catch back up with you in Vegas in February.

Michael

I hope you make it to the next one too Em.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Very well stated, Alan. Even though this is my first Affiliate Summit, I have many of the feelings that you expressed so well in a few short paragraphs.

It was a distinct pleasure meeting and talking with you and with the many other hard-working, talented, and personable folks that Nancy and I have met in these three days.

I am sure our paths will cross again.

- Bill
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Bill & Nancy,

It was a pleasure meeting and visiting with the two of you also. As for our paths crossing again, you can count on it. Thanks for making the trip to the Island of Misfit Entrepreneurs & my best regards to you both.

Alan

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    I hope you make it to the next one too Em.
    Oh--I definitely will. Already have my hotel reservation made.

Michael

Online Marketing Consultant
    Alan, it was an absolute pleasure actually talking with you this time. You truely are a hilarious, intelligent and "darty" person. I hope you had a safe trip back to Colorado.

Mr. Jones, you have a great sense of humor as well and it was a ton of fun hanging out by the bar and listening to alot of the stories about Ireland and the blarney stone as well as how you got involved in affiliate marketing.

Donuts, thank you for the words of encouragment and all the knowledge you shared with everyone around you

Scooter, nothing more to say, you are still affiliate of the year with good reason =0) and your girlfriend is a truely fabulous person

Anne, you are always a pleasure to see and talk to. It'll be fun to see you again when we do the first Mid Atlantic dinner thing (If we all ever get the time)

Alex, Thanks for the laughs at dinner. I hope you have a safe trip back home.

Staril, you need to come out for more visits then twice a year, you are great to talk to and always have something nice to say.

Connie. You look great. The new hairstyle, the attitude, and your sense of humor and professionalism are all perfect.

Carolyn, Brian and SAS, thank you guys for the party at the Sagamore, the impromptu singalong and your network. You all do great things for this industry.

Rexanne, I'll just call you later on.

Deb, I hope your back is feeling better. Your a real trooper for hanging out and taking all of the wonderful photos.

Danny K, as always it is great spending time with you and laughing about british comedies and TV shows.

Liz, No nachos, but hey we definitely burned off the calories from the ones in Vegas. If anyone has not met Ms. Gazer yet, you are missing out!

Collette and Colleen, you guys are ideal AMs that any affiliate is lucky to have as a program manager.

Haiko, you didn't make it down which we all were sad about, but thank you as well for the party at the Sagamore. It was beautiful, the music was great, and we all had a blast.

Ron, I'm looking forward to your jewelry program and wish we had more time to talk. It was nice hanging out with you at the sagamore and at the cabana's with Moniker, Liz and everyone.

Missy and Shawn, thank you for the variety of topics presented. The "what you know will hurt you" session was a great refresher and teacher of many of the issues facing our industry and e-mail marketing.

There are too many other people as well to mention, so in general it was great seeing everyone and thank you all for a great time.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

You were a pleasure too Adam, as were all of the great people you mentioned. The laughs, industry talk, hanging for drinks, the 4 am cab ride to BP for the turkey wraps, twitter stars, politicians gone - - - and all the rest.

Too many names to list, so just a huge thank you to everyone I met, and of course to friends that I got to see again. The internet is what our industry is about, but meeting each other and networking is what growth is all about! Great summit...

Which one were you again?

Just kidding. It was great meeting you Alan, as well as everyone else I had the pleasure of meeting.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    It is fun getting out for sure!!!

We gotta get a hat or a box or something... for pitching money into when we eat / drink / dine as a group - paying is too tough to track, cuz we're having SO MUCH FUN and people are coming and going and all that! I saw Alan, Scott, Kim and several others pick up big tabs and I picked up one $483 bill in the hotel bar as well, and it wasn't the only one I paid for.

I got treated PLENTY of places too, I'm not moaning here, just relaying the feeling of "wow, that added up fast".

I also saw times when people were practically arm wrestling to be the one who paid. I am humbled to be among such generous and giving people!

Personal thanks to Alan, Scott, Andy, Scott, Brian, Ken, Kim and you others that reached for your credit cards when the bills showed up when I was part of the gang drinking and eating to my heart's content! :-)

I hear ya Donuts. I don't think that anyone who gets together with you has to worry about whether you chip in. You are a kind heart (and a kind wallet) for sure.

I feel the same thanks that there are some generous co-drinkers, but we definitely need a better tracking system. (I had to sell my airline ticket and walk back to Denver last night barefoot, uphill all the way).

Ditto to the generous folks who always volunteer their plastic. Your kindness is noticed and appreciated. Hey, maybe we could find a cheap bar off the beaten path next time? Some dive that sells drafts for .50 and RB&V for a buck? Or just drink leftovers from glasses left on the bar when the purchaser passes out and hits the floor?

Internet Cowboy
    We had a blast!
    It's always fun to be able to hang out together.
    We got home a few hours ago, pretty much without a hitch. We got to hang out in Houston for an hour or two waiting on weather to clear in Dallas, but other than that no problems at all.

Judi and I both had a great time meeting new people, making new business contacts and just lounging around with the crowd.

Yep, when the rounds reach the $200 range it doesn't take long to add up. Donuts, you happened to pick up the one where I was drinking double Bacardi and Cokes. We'll work the details of that out the next time we hang.

I thought of listing a bunch of people, but there are just too many. So, to the list of "regulars", once again it was a terrific time and thank you all for being so damned much fun. To those whose name I see often and I didn't really know but got to know better, it was my pleasure and hope to continue those relationships in the future. To those I met for the first time, I enjoyed each and every one of you. I met lots of ABWers and other nice people.

When we get together and throw around ideas we all grow. We don't even have to give details of what our sites are etc. All of the ideas flying around and the way each individual perceives, interprets and alters the idea creates a synergistic outcome that can't be produced online or even over the phone. Face to face indeed has a place in affiliate marketing.

Thank you everyone! From a quick one-on-one sitdown with a merchant, network or OPM to a six hour "brainstorming" session in the bar, I got lots of work done, made new friends, strengthened existing relationships, found some kickass new merchants (I have to beat Kukral to one of them) and much, much more.

Affiliate Summit is no doubt the best investment of time and money I have made since I paid $99 for FrontPage way back in the 90's.

It was wonderful seeing the familiar faces as well as some new ones, many mentioned above. I feel bad I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to some folks (where did the time go?). Perhaps it's because I said goodbye to Adam about five times lol!
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

The Summit was fun. It was great to meet you Alan (I did enjoy the fishing stories) and Melanie too (I enjoyed hearing your experiences)
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    It's always fun to be able to hang out together.
    We got home a few hours ago, pretty much without a hitch. We got to hang out in Houston for an hour or two waiting on weather to clear in Dallas, but other than that no problems at all.

Judi and I both had a great time meeting new people, making new business contacts and just lounging around with the crowd.

Yep, when the rounds reach the $200 range it doesn't take long to add up. Donuts, you happened to pick up the one where I was drinking double Bacardi and Cokes. We'll work the details of that out the next time we hang.
    Sounds like the ol' Scooter "checks in the mail" approach again to me.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Sending hugs to everyone I'm missing already!

Adam, your "goodies" were a highlight - flashing blinky yellow stars were everywhere and laying them out to spell SAS on the piano was classic. I know there's a picture of that floating around somewhere.

Mel, I, too, missed saying goodbye to almost everyone.

Can't wait to see you all again in Vegas. Drinks are definitely cheaper there. LOL

Thanks to all who picked up drink tabs. Mostly, I went to the bar and ordered my own because the staff was so overwhelmed trying to keep up with all of us. At one point, I tried to buy everyone a wicked good shot of SoCo and lime but at $9.00 each, it was way beyond my ability to be generous.

And Scooter is going to have to bring Judi to every Summit from now on. She's just great. Hopefully, she caught the bug big enough this trip to become an affiliate marketer herself.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Hopefully, she caught the bug big enough this trip to become an affiliate marketer herself.
    Sister Rex, you're thinking what I'm thinking! She'd have herself one hell of a live-in coach and cheerleader there, wouldn't she!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Sister Rex, you're thinking what I'm thinking! She'd have herself one hell of a live-in coach and cheerleader there, wouldn't she!
    Absolutely! And she has great ideas!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

You got any more of those blinkies Adam, I think I can sell them for a buck a piece. They were a big hit with the kids, and it seems like the ladies find them irresistible too!!

I was taken aback with the number of people I met at the summit this time around. But most rewarding was getting to chat and meet with folks I had met at Vegas last January. Vegas was like break the ice a little bit while in Miami, I was really able to build on those initial friendships.

Thanks to everyone who made me welcome, and introduced yourselves, and chatted for a while. I am very much looking forward to seeing you all again next time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Adam, your "goodies" were a highlight - flashing blinky yellow stars were everywhere and laying them out to spell SAS on the piano was classic. I know there's a picture of that floating around somewhere.
    Scooter and Alan had helped as well =0)

I picked up a couple of small tabs, like a couple rounds of Vanilla Vodka shots, but nothing like Donuts and everyone. This community is definitely one of the most generous. Thank you as well to Collete and Michael who picked up a couple rounds as well.

Thanks again everyone for a fabulous time.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Quote Originally Posted by mr_jones
    You got any more of those blinkies Adam, I think I can sell them for a buck a piece. They were a big hit with the kids, and it seems like the ladies find them irresistible too!!
    Unfortunately between eBay Live and Aff. Summit, I went through over 1,000 of them and am finally out. And all the ones that stopped blinking went to a bus driver to hand to the kids for their backpacks for safety when they cross the street. I still have a ton of photo holders though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JAmieF
    The Summit was fun. It was great to meet you Alan (I did enjoy the fishing stories) and Melanie too (I enjoyed hearing your experiences)
    Thanks Jamie, pleasure meeting you. I will be in touch in a day or two.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

neat

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread