Not sure where to post this but does everyone already know that Amazon is now requiring a minimum $100 for payment?

Papasan,

Surley you got the memo that was mailed out this past week..

Minimum amount for checks is now $100.00
    (There is also an $8.00 fee charged to affiliate for writing checks(USA Affiliates only)

If you go to direct deposit, it's only $10.00

memo below:
    Dear Associate,

We're excited to announce a long requested feature--Direct Deposit as a payment method is now live! Here are the details:

The minimum payment threshold for Direct Deposit payments is only $10.
    Direct Deposit payments are secure and instantaneous--reaching your bank account 3-7 days faster than paper checks.
    Beginning with Q4 '02 payments, the minimum payment threshold for check payment will be increased from $25 to $100.
    Beginning with Q1 '03 payments (sent after March 31, 2003), we will charge an $8 processing fee for all checks sent. There is no charge for Direct Deposit or Amazon.com Gift Certificate payment.
    --Note: The $8 charge does not apply to Associates with billing addresses outside the U.S., because Direct Deposit is not available to them.
    Find out more about Direct Deposit, or visit Payment Options to make the switch now. Please note: If you anticipate earning less than $100 this quarter (Q4 '02), you must switch to Direct Deposit or Gift Certificate payment in order to receive your quarterly referral fee earnings.

Sincerely,

The Associates Program Staff
    Amazon.com Associates Program
    http://www.amazon.com/associates

Thanks for posting that, no i didnt get the memo. I only got an email from a friend saying it was raised to $100!

The direct deposit thing is pretty cool!

Still cant figure out why I didnt get the email!

ABW Ambassador
    This is a long waited for addition and very welcomed...I just wish that we could get Linkshare on board. They are one of the only two major affiliate networks who have NOT went to direct deposit. Honestly there is no reason for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Survey Man:
    This is a long waited for addition and very welcomed...I just wish that we could get Linkshare on board. They are one of the only two major affiliate networks who have NOT went to direct deposit. Honestly there is no reason for it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reason for not being direct deposit? Sure their is.. Linkshare charges the merchants a very hefty fee for every single check written.

And so on...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gearshopper:
    And so on...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It must really suck being a Likshare merchant.

All those sign up fees.

No legitimacy.

Money Money Money

ABW Ambassador
    You want the cream of the crop of networks you have to pay a little $$ for it...

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

What Amazon.com did should be the standard.
    Direct Deposit for US affliates with $0.00 Fee
    and Fee for paper checks (excluding non-US affiliates, because wire transfers out ouf the country cost more than paper crap checks).

Paper checks require a lot of manual labor and are therefore expensive. Not to talk about quadrupling (or more) the possibilities of typos and human erros.
    Banks have computers, merchant have computers, both have internet access. There is NO reason to NOT utilize electronic banking, exept if your business depends on "late payment fees" or if you want to delay payments.

NOBODY writes paper checks in europe. Why should they. People have to pay fee's there for utilizing this ancient and expensive form of money transfer.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

Addition:

Steps to process a commission check.
    - Merchant must print the check correctly
    - Merchant must put the check into an envelope,
    ensure, that the "send to" address and the
    postage is correct.
    - USPS must delivery the envelope correctly
    - Affiliate must receive the physical check and
    cash it
    - Financial Institution has to enter the check
    information manually into their computer system
    to request the merchant payment.
    - check gets cleared

(I do not even want to add the steps, if yo go NOT to your housebank to clear the check).

Min. Humans Involved: 5
    Reality is: much much more 1 human for USPS is far from reality.

All those steps are necessary for ANY commission check.

Direct Deposit:
    - Providing Merchant with your Bank Information (once)
    - Merchant sends payment to your account via computer to his bank.
    - His bank send payment to my bank.
    (there is maybe a party in between to link the
    2 banks, but thats it)

Min. Humans Involved: 2
    Max. : 3

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Even though there is usually a bank fee associated with electronic payment processing, I would still think in the long run that it is cheaper than paperchecks when you look at all costs involved. And some banks are going to charge a fee per regular check anyway, depending on the volume of checks processed in a month and that more likely to be the case on a business account vs a personal account.

The problem is that not all US banks accept direct deposit. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] You'll see this more often with small credit unions. But these are popular with individuals when they are available because they typically do not have the high associated with regular banks. I know I still use my credit union account from when I was in college for that very reason. I have absolutely zero banking fees. But it's a large credit union and I have all the services available as any big name bank. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

I'm thrilled that Amazon is going to Direct Deposit. Anyone have any idea on how long it will take after the first of the year for the cash to hit our accounts?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread