Widgets and 800 Number Tracking
    SAS:

Is there any way to incorporate 800 number tracking into the Widget tools? I wouldn't be looking for this for any of the B2C launches I have coming up (no affiliate would put a shoe stores 800 number on their site... I don't think...*), but for the more Complex B2B ones, I'd be interested in seeing that available....

*That raises an interesting question... Is there any circumstance ever that an affiliate would feel comfortable in having a TRUSTED merchants 800 number on their affiliate site? I say trusted in that you have supreme confidence that the phone order would track...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Hi Noth,

I'm working with a few partners now where the 800 # appears on my site exclusively. They basically have a bank of numbers and assigned me one and hard coded my id to it. I see a lot of sales come through that way.

I can think of a few other companies that also do this, if you have the volume/sales to warrant it.

The merchant has to be set up properly, and it does require a certain level of trust, I think.

oziman

Thanks for that feedback. We're examining that exact situation for a project, truthfully....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Noth if you want - drop me a line if you want to correspond with the folks who took care of the 800 #.

oziman

I have one merchant with the 800 number that has my code almost as part of the number so that it looks like it is required. I don't mind that 800 number. It's the merchants who put the code at the diagonally opposite corner of the page and think that the customer has any chance of finding it without explicit instructions that have me looking for replacements as I redo my links.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread