ABW Ambassador
    Hi,

We are more of dvd collectors than renters, so I can't determine, but is the dvd rental service something people do a lot of?

and are people willing to do it thru the mail?

This just seems like such a long shot...

Thanks!

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AffJus:
    We are more of dvd collectors than renters, so I can't determine, but is the dvd rental service something people do a lot of?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ran NetFlix for awhile, almost zero click-thru's and no sales. I lean more toward buying them myself - I buy some new on release date, but more often pick up the pre-viewed ones at the local BlockBuster, usually about $12.99 each and often with buy 1 get 1 free or buy 2 get 1 free.

So far I've not gotten any that were used as Frisbees and haven't had to return any [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I rent them all the time. If you can offer a great price I'd go through you. Otherwise I rent them from a local video store. New releases cost $2.50 per night. Older movies run 1 dollar for two nights up or 2 dollars for 5.

They are cheap and you would have a hard time competing against those prices unless you could offer more rental time on new releases such as 4 dollars for 3 days.

HTH

Let Fear Be Far from All

ABW Ambassador
    I personally wouldn't rent thru the mail, i rent at the local Hollywood Video or Blockbuster place, but Netflix is the best for online rental (IMO) I do great with them.

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

I rented from NetFlix a couple of times years ago before the local rental places had a good selection of DVDs. I have a friend ,though, who uses them quite a lot, so go figure. The thing for me is that when I want to rent a movie, I want to rent a movie NOW. I’m not organized enough to say “Hum, a week from Thursday, I’m going to want to watch Die Hard 2.” But that’s just me. NetFlix is still around, so there must be some really organized or clairvoyant people out there, and I doubt Ms. Cleo could keep them in business by herself.

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

I found Netflix to work great. The advantage of it is that you never have to go anywhere. I know it's pathetic when we've reached a stage where the trip to Blockbuster is already too much of an ordeal, but the fact that Netflix come to your door makes it a breeze to use. It comes in the mail in an envelope, and after you're done with it you put it back in the same envelope and drop it in the mail again, they cover postage. Because you can have several dvds at once, you'll often wind up getting one in the mail every day or two. Dave

I used to use NetFlix a lot. I moved into a new area that didn't have any video rental stores. It was great making the queue -- whenever you discovered some weird movie that you wanted to see, you could just add it to the queue.

I've just had a Blockbuster open a block away, so I quit NetFlix. Of course, if I want to see some movies Blockbuster doesn't seem to carry, I'll rejoin NetFlix. It was incredibly convenient.

AAnn

I rent by mail from dvdsontap in the UK, and it's a pretty good service. Equivalent of $15 per month and you get a steady stream of DVDs through the post. You can keep them as long as you want - no overdue fines.
    When you're finished with a movie you return it in the supplied stamped envelope and a couple of days later the next one arrives.

Radegast

diamonds-are-forever.org

Netflix is awesome. There support is great, I get all my dvds in 2 days flat, Great service!

Jason
    Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Advertise NetFlix together with DVD Burners.
    That's the kind of customers, who are very well targeted for NetFlix [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread