Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Affiliate Summit: My Daily Rundown [Warning! Long Post Ahead]
    My flight to Miami was actually a little early, surprisingly. It was uneventful and enjoyable since it was just a tad over 2 hours long.

I started Friday night off by checking in and heading out to Taverna Opa, eager to meet southbeachannie and the gang. The food was amazing, the table dancing interesting to say the least and the company very enjoyable. Thanks to Jorge for buying me dinner. You certainly didn't have to do that but it was much appreciated! Annie, Vinny, Jorge, Bob, Liz and Sandra - we sure had a blast!

The majority of Saturday was spent in Andy's Affiliate Management Best Practices Class and I am still working on the list of ideas that were introduced there. It was so nice to meet the ARC Team, Kevin of CDWow!, Dana from Birthday in a Box, Diana from VeganUnlimited, Angela from Orbitz, Missy from Advertising.com and a bunch of others determined to learn more about managing their programs and stepping things up for their affiliates.

After the class, I was in the lobby talking to Liz from EverestNutrition, AlexBet and Anne and ran into Donuts by true happenstance. Meeting the big D was on my list of definite to-do's as he is always overflowing with ideas and is just as enthusiastic in person about making aff. mktg. a clean, profitable place for everyone as he is on ABW.

I wasn't about to turn down a dinner invitation extended by Donuts and that's how I ended up spending my evening - with D, Scooter and his lovely companion Judy, Alan, Liz and Ken. I enjoyed the conversation immensely and thank you all for including me.

Sunday was the Meet Market. I had a small hiccup when the hotel had difficulty locating my 5 boxes of giveaways, but all was resolved. I met a bunch of people there - other AM's, current and potential affiliates and the ShareASale crew. Thank you David, Carolyn and Brian for making me feel like instant family and for the use of the rock. I displayed it proudly. I recognized Rexanne right away, she was just a wonderful in person as she is here. I also finally got to meet Loxly, who is exactly as I pictured her - intensely energetic and skilled with a photo lens.

Later that evening, I attended the ABW/SAS party at the classy Sagamore hotel. Thanks to SAS, I was VIP and spent time in the penthouse as well as the spacious outdoor area. I was able to once again be among industry luminaries, the same ones that post here, and was in awe at the combined sheer genius that existed in one location. After the party, I ran into Beachy and his wife, Nancy and enjoyed their lovely company and the best BLT ever.

Monday began with a visit to the Exhibit Hall for me, where I met many others and visited many booths. The amount of free stuff was awesome - my kids loved the teddy bears and I think that as long as I keep attending Summits, I will never need to purchase a pen.

The sessions were even better than previous Summits. There were 4 tracks going on at any given time, so I'm thankful the ones I missed will be available shortly. I specifically enjoyed the sessions on Web 2.0. I even mustered up the courage to go to the podium at the "Come Talk to Me" Wrap up. Speaking in front of a crowd takes some getting used to when you primarily work one on one and your major communication is done via email, but I sucked it up and went through with it.

Martini Madness was fun as well as it was my first introduction to an Appletini. Good stuff. It was even better since I had the opportunity to spend time with Liz, Annie, Jorge, Scott (I owe you dinner!), Bob, Ron from 7-Days and Greg.

After all of that networking, I was starved and Sue and I decided to go with the buffet at Indigo. We encouraged Randy to join us and I was personally thrilled when Sue's Twitter message revealed Deb aka Loxly was on her way! Upon her arrival, I stopped eating and took out the paper and pen. Randy and I took turns throwing out questions which she happily answered between bites. Deb, please know how thankful I am for all that you shared with me. We were surprised to find Ghoti at the table next to us and convinced him to join us as well.

After dinner, we moved over to Indigo's bar section, since Brian was on his way to tickle the ivories. Again, the amount of sheer genius in the bar alone had me awestruck. I was never alone the whole Summit, since there was always someone to say, "Kim, over here," "Join Us!"

Tuesday began with the Keynote and then Elevator Networking. Asif and Michele ran a table, helping affiliates and AM's alike recognize the importance of an updated, well categorized datafeed.

The Conversion Rate Clinic Session was great as well. I'll be getting with Heather about the issues covered there so that we can take a closer look at 4Checks to see if we can further improve conversion.

Lessons Learned at the end of the day was a nice, intimate gathering of attendees that offered pieces of advice they had garnered during this Summit or past ones. It was very well put together.

At last, I am back in Joppa, in the office, fine tuning my list of "To-do's" and planning my follow up with the relationships that were forged. Only 6 more months until Vegas...

Thank you, Missy and Shawn for putting together such a terrific, educational event. I learn something new at every show, but more importantly, I am more motivated to put ideas into action, improve the 4Checks program that much more and count the days to the next Summit.

Please know that everyone I met during my 5 day stay has touched me in some way, has motivated me and humbled me and made me appreciate the family I have here and the great relationships I have with my affiliate partners.

Since I know already this post has grown much larger than it was originally intended to be, I just wanted to end with one note -
    Sorry, ShopAtHome - even if you swear on a stack of the Good Book that you are cleaner than my baby after a scrub down, I can not allow you to sell my products. Nice try, though. My ABW family has taught me well.
    Last edited by Kim Salvino; July 13th, 2007 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Rexanne - how could I forget Rexanne! And Beachy and his wife, Nancy!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Sorry, ShopAtHome - even if you swear on a stack of the Good Book that you are cleaner than my baby after a scrub down, I can not allow you to sell my products. Nice try, though. My ABW family has taught me well.
    ABW + ARC = Great merchant.

Edit: Almost forgot... ARC manages the Good Book program, don't they? _
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Internet Cowboy
    Aside from being so nice, so cute (I have Judi's approval to say that) and just so much fun, this lady listens to her affiliates and those in the industry with good advice.
    Can we clone you or can I get Donuts to volunteer to have your baby? Whichever...we need more of you!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Such great fun to meet someone who has advanced such a long distance in a relatively short time - a booming program, smart, thoughtful and motivated, with an ethical stance on all issues. It was my pleasure! Glad you came - it's important to me to know the manager when I move towards site development that substantially involves particular merchants. So happy that you attended the conference - more excited than ever to hit the gas and do a lot more business with 4checks than I already do.

With the changes at MyAp, we're waiting for news from you when it breaks! Got a feeling the ABW crowd will be pleased after seeing how well in tune you are, with us, already.

Thanks for listening to us - I think that matters a lot.

I threw out my old dingy mousepad (which had my own logo on it) and am now using a brand new 4checks one - thanks for the freebie and for treating us to some food and drinks and most of all, for your company.

I look forward to making money with you.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Oh Geez Kim - where can I buy the Cliff Notes version!!!!

I think you officially made it to LizGazier status - you're so sweet/nice and perky and driven, that everybody roots for your success

It was a pleasure to meet you Kim, and look forward to seeing you next time! Sounds like you got a lot out of the Affiliate Summit too. The networking results surprise me every time, and it's only my second Summit.

http and a telephoto
    Kim is awesome and has inspired me in turn to register a new domain and get to work on my educational projects. I had a bad day Monday and going down to the buffet and talking to Kim, Randy, Staril and ghoti gave me back my center and energy. We have lots to accomplish together!
    Last edited by loxly; July 12th, 2007 at 04:49 PM. Reason: typo
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    you're so sweet/nice and perky and driven, that everybody roots for your success
    Yup, she *will* be a success.
    Deborah Carney

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Kim, you were a pleasure to talk with as well, and your natural sense of sincerity with your program and your conversations was obviously appreciated by many of us. I too am now using a 4checks mouse pad!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Kim fits right in with the ABW family.

Sending you hugs Kim!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Kim is awesome and has inspired me in turn to register a new domain
    You mean besides the one your latest business cards "inspired" you to register?

It was nice to chat with you all at dinner. Thanks for noticing that I was eavesdropping.

*blush*

Gee guys, I don't know what to say.

I'm flattered and motivated and excited and a whole bunch of other things right now! I'm sure you all will love seeing the changes ahead for 4Checks. Thanks to all of you for inspiring me.

http and a telephoto
    The beautiful Kim

Attached Images Attached Images
    Deborah Carney

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti
    You mean besides the one your latest business cards "inspired" you to register?
    Yeah, lol (there was a typo on my new biz cards). And it was actually inspired by our conversation. I wanted to register affiliate101, but it is taken, so registered affiliateABCs.com

It was nice to chat with you all at dinner. Thanks for noticing that I was eavesdropping.
    lol, thanks FOR eavesdropping and joining us.
    Deborah Carney

Great to meet you (again, I think), Kim and I wish we had the chance to talk together more. A fresh mouse pad is always appreciated. I will use the nice, and cushy thick one you gave for at least 6 months though I am planning to wear it out by then and will be looking for you in Feb. Those photo checks sound cool. Will have to check them out.

You're comment about never being alone due to "over here!" from so many people, speaks for me too. It really is like that and gets to be more with each Summit. If you would stand still for at least 10 minutes next time I might be able to manage buying you a drink. LOL-JK - Take care.

Until Next Time Kim.

Kim,

It was so wonderful to meet you and hang out together! It feels like I've connected to a longtime friend and we just picked up where we left off. Thank you for joining us at OPA and sharing your stories and pictures with us! Your baby is so adorable!!

Keep in touch my friend,
    Annie
    [FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Book Antiqua]southbeachannie
    [EMAIL="annie@southbeachannie.com"]annie@southbeachannie.com[/EMAIL]
    [url="http://www.southbeachannie.com"]online lifestyle magazine[/url]

[/FONT][/FONT]

Thanks for the story Kim!

It certainly was a pleasure to meet you and I hope the next time I will have more time to sit down and get to know you. I certainly look forward to working with you as it was wonderful to see your excitement.

Talk to you soon!

It was nice to finally meet you Kim! I guess we'll be seeing you in Vegas in Feb too?

Anne,

February can't come fast enough! But I hope to run into you before then, possibly at a Mid-Atlantic DelMarVa meet up?! (Where's Liquidate? )

Ok, well I just have to add my "Kim-Adorable" two cents too! Kim you are a doll, a treasure a breath of fresh air. I really enjoyed the time we spent together and look forward to more. May I echo the sentiments of some of the others when I say "I too, am using a brand spankin' new 4check.com mouse pad!"

Sandee

P.S.
    "I think you officially made it to LizGazier status" ...quote from Billy K

I totally agree!
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread