I have a question about newsletters...
    I introduced myself in the introduce yourself thread (dang I'm smart!) lol

And, I am an affiliate manager for a company, but this question is for my own affiliate marketing biz.

I've been doing affiliate marketing a very long time in net terms, but one thing I've NEVER done is email marketing/newsletters. It's been on my to do list for years tho!

Anyway, I decided to use constant contact and i've put sign up boxes everywhere signup boxes can fit. I've also let my yahoo groups know, etc.

Now, the question. Are there any GOOD tips for building a solid email list more quickly? Not the kind of tips that are in the "get rich in 30 days with my great ebook" (unless it's actually a good ebook with real info). I'm not looking for a miracle, just some ideas.

Because I'm trained in natural health care - I want to provide a newsletter with info, articles, recipes, etc. The point is, of course, to market, but to the consumer/site visitors, it will be almost pure education with valid information.

Soooo, now that I've blithered this long - anyone who has some ideas, I'd love to hear them. I've been trying to find out more about co-reg - but it seems I'd be better off setting up a one-on-one deal with a site with a complementary focus.

Thanx in advance for any ideas!

Dee - (known as snoops in some circles)

Affiliate Manager PianoWizard.com's Avatar
    Are there any GOOD tips for building a solid email list more quickly?
    Cross-marketing works well.
    For example, Website A sends out a pitch to their newsletter list about Website B's offer, then vice versa.

Of course, it's a bit more challenging to find someone who is willing to let it be one-sided when your list is small.

Hope this helps.

Affiliate Manager PianoWizard.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee-NR
    Are there any GOOD tips for building a solid email list more quickly?
    Oh, and squeeze pages have worked well - a website home page where the ONLY option is for them to join the newsletter. You can send traffic to it via PPC and/or list it in all the ezine directories. See http://www.About-Blended-Families.com for an example.

Hello Dee,

You picked a great service to manage your opt-in newsletter. I use it, as well as promote a co-branded service.

I've been trying to find out more about co-reg - but it seems I'd be better off setting up a one-on-one deal with a site with a complementary focus.
    You would be FAR better off "setting up a one-on-one deal with a site with a complementary focus" versus letting any joe-shmo who's willing to co-reg signups with you, or through a co-reg service. I've heard some real horror stories about spam reports due to webmasters with absolutely no ethics.

CC offers a forum board of their own that has alot of info based on how to recruit signups & monetize your list ... have you checked it out yet?
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Allegro - thank you for the tips!

Designer... nope, haven't checked their board yet, but I'm on my way Thank you

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread