Results 1 to 14 of 14
July 12th, 2007, 11:08 PM #1Ten things I brought from Affiliate Summit
What I brought home from Affiliate Summit:
1. Ze Frank made me think outside the box and I came up with an idea to involve my four kids in a wonderful brainstorming idea for affiliate marketing.
2. That affiliate summit really is a unifier, it brings people together who later open channels of communication that they might not have otherwise.
3. Brian Littleton is amazing. Network president, piano player, takes pies in the face and some how never sleeps. Thanks for the SAS party Brian, I met some new folks and made some great contacts.
4. Memories of Missy Ward's Roast at Bubba Gumps. Almost wishing I could forget that part, but it was very educational.
5. The food in Miami and South Beach is wonderful.
6. Never say free martinis at an affiliate summit (they ran out in 15 minutes).
7. A handful of business cards from some wonderful affiliates.
8. Memories and pictures of eating at 2:00 am in a wonderful diner in South Beach with a group of new and old friends.
9. An Affiliate Hug t-shirt (thanks Scott for spending 6 hours at Meet Market giving out hugs for a good cause).
10. Too many give away items....I had to sit on my suitcase to get it to close!
What 10 things did you bring back from Affiliate Summit?Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
7 Days A Week Marketing
July 12th, 2007, 11:58 PM #2
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
1. Renewed sense that I make a difference by posting here at ABW. I love when people don't know my real name, but their faces light up when they hear "Loxly".
2. Fresh Squeezed t-shirt
3. 2 happy merchants that were very glad they went
4. Great new memories of Brian on piano
5. Energy from friends that needs to last 6 months
6. Memories of just being in the room with so many creative and talented people
7. More ideas for new projects
8. Motivation to finish projects that have been back burnered for too long
9. Pics of/with my ABW and SAS families
10. Great new affiliates for great new merchants. The future belongs to us.Deborah Carney
TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com
July 13th, 2007, 02:45 AM #3
1. A wonderful feeling that we are a big happy family
2. Lots of energy to start some new projects
3. Appreciation of putting faces and personalities with the emails and IMs
4. Unexpected business opportunities to pursue
5. South Beach Annie being a gracious host and tour guide
6. Memories and pictures of eating at 2:00 am in a wonderful diner in South Beach with a group of new and old friends
7. A greater appreciation of sleep
ehh... not quite 10 things... it's late. I gotta get ta bed!
8. Too much excitement to go to bed!
(maybe two more tomorrow)
July 13th, 2007, 11:49 AM #4
1. A better appreciation for how much my mom has to offer to my business.
2. Some cool swag to give away to my members to assure them that I was really doing something productive for *most* of the time.
3. New ideas for ways to make my primary sites give more value to merchants.
4. New ideas for other sites that I would like to launch.
5. Deals that I would never have thought possible if some merchants had not taken the time to sit and talk with me.
6. A better understanding of the pros and cons of different affiliate business models.
7. Dark circles under my eyes from not getting any sleep.
8. Memories and pictures of eating at 2:00 am in a wonderful diner in South Beach with a group of new and old friends. Wait a minute....I didn't get any pictures!!
9. A renewed excitement about what I do.
10. An itch to sign up for Vegas ASAP!!!
July 13th, 2007, 01:08 PM #5Originally Posted by Rainmaker
I wrote most of this in another thread, but its worth repeating:
1. Meeting wonderful new folks and getting silly at OPA, drinking and dancing on the tables past my bedtime.
2. Continually missing Geno's calls due to noise and my drinking!
3. Meeting old summit friends at the Sagamore like it was ages ago since Vegas!
4. Continually missing Debbie...
5. Laughing myself silly at Ze's keynote!
6. Learning from brilliant sessions on Adsense, Web 2.0, site critiques and Sam's genius!
7. Having sightings of me at a piano bar while I'm home watching Jaws.
8. Introducing the intoxicating appletini or two....
9. Enjoying an amazing group of people at a magical Caffe Luna for dinner
10. Having my spouse (Vin) love everyone he met as much as I do and insisting we go to Vegas in February!
Thanks for welcoming Vin so warmly everyone!
Annie[FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Book Antiqua]southbeachannie
[url="http://www.southbeachannie.com"]online lifestyle magazine[/url]
July 13th, 2007, 01:58 PM #6
Ok! I've got the rest of my list...
9. CrazyEgg.com, KeyCompete.com, vBulletin
July 13th, 2007, 03:14 PM #7
Ten Things I Brought Home from Affiliate Summit
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
- Hotel Towels.
- Hotel TV. (they'll never miss it)
- Carolyn Tang.
- Donuts' checkbook. (you should see the number of zeros!)
- $1690 in short-term debt.
- A week-long hangover.
- A pillowcase full of cocaine. (OK...not really)
- Memories of my new pizza eating buddy.
- Rexanne's luggage. (shhhh, don't tell her)
- My annual summer cold.
July 13th, 2007, 03:38 PM #8
July 13th, 2007, 03:44 PM #9
All that matters is that I brought home an awesome Joe Bucks bag that I'm going to use all around town!
Okay, in chronological order...
1. Downtown Miami is a ghost town on Sunday afternoon.
2. Affiliate managers are quite generous with commission rates when you meet them face-to-face.
3. CPA networks are even more annoying in person.
4. Shareasale's logo is very appropriate -- it's a shining star among the industry
5. As a result of something I saw in my hotel room, I should be able to make enough profit by the end of next week to cover all costs of the trip.
6. More importantly, I met lots of friendly people over the course of the three days. Next time I'll be sporting an ABW button.
7. Some people that act big online are quite small in real life.
8. I'm such a slacker compared to the rest of you.
9. Shawn and Missy are great conference organizers.
10. I'm going to miss not being able to attend ASW in Vegas.
July 13th, 2007, 04:24 PM #10Originally Posted by ghoti
And another great reason to attend Aff Summit as well. :-)
July 13th, 2007, 04:29 PM #11
1) Two stacks of Biz cards, those that might get contacted, and those I am already starting to contact and working with
2) Learning more about Auction Ads from talking with ShoeMoney & a little about Design from chatting with ZeFrank.
3) Enjoying an amazing group of people at a magical Caffe Luna for dinner.
4) Memories and pictures of eating at 2:00 am in a wonderful diner in South Beach with a group of new friends.
5) A better understanding of the pros and cons of different affiliate business models. (thank you Donuts, HelpingMoms, and Sunshiner)
6) Re-affirming that I can run on 4 hours sleep and booze and still function, "network", learn, and have lots 'o fun.
7) Having Faces,Voices & Personalities to put with names I have been reading for 5 years now! (this was a biggy for me)
8) Inspiration and momentum to finish several Projects and start a few new one that have been brewing for a while.
9) Contacts from #1 that I believe can help me achieve #8 and should be beneficial for all involved.
10)...and to echo Rainmaker and others A wonderful feeling that we are a big happy family
July 13th, 2007, 05:25 PM #12
Ten things I brought home....
1. A great bottle of Chardonay (of course this would be first on my list)
2. Knowing that even though I know very little about this business, I can
bull**** with the best of them.
3. Met some wonderful people that I hope to continue a long personal and
prosperous business relationship with.
4. That once in a life time feeling of being one of the "pretty people" when
gaining entrance ahead of a long line of people waiting to get in at
5. Memories and pictures of eating at 2:00 am in a wonderful diner in South
Beach with a group of new and old friends. Wait a minute....I didn't get any pictures!!
July 13th, 2007, 05:32 PM #13
Sorry, about the other 5, power outage shut me down.
6. Lots and lots of shirts, bags, pens and other paraphenalia.
7. Much more enthusiasm for my work now that I know a little more about it.
8. Understanding why my daughter loves all your guys so much and the Affiliate summits.
9. A ton of work contacting everyone on those business cards I collected.
10. Knowing I can still dance and drink all night and get up feeling fine.
July 13th, 2007, 05:48 PM #14
Now that Scooter finally let me have my luggage back,, I can post on a positive note:
1) A renewed sense of family and friendship with my fellow ABWers.
2) A head filled with inspiration and ideas.
3) Renewed respect for Missy & Shawn and their ability to pull this huge event off twice a year.
4) New friends and business partners.
5) A serious distaste for Miami International airport.
6) Very cool Spiderman boxers. Thanks Melissa!
7) 3 red & white beach balls I brought back for my kids that my dog had a blast killing within 5 minutes. Thanks Buyat!
8) More love and respect for old pals I didn't think I could love any more than I already did.
9) 10 pounds of hotel shampoo, conditioner and lotion minis.
10) An aching body and hangover I might never overcome (all worthwhile).
11) A "freshly Squeezed" T-shirt I'll always cherish.
12) A newly acquired taste for SoCo shots & lime (thanks random wedding guest guy at the hotel bar)
Do I have to stop?
Last one: A longing to see everyone in Vegas at the next event!Peace,
Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic
By ramon2193 in forum Introduce YourselfReplies: 1Last Post: October 27th, 2014, 05:10 PM
By sam_park in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 2Last Post: September 12th, 2014, 03:18 PM
By SeanSupplee in forum Introduce YourselfReplies: 5Last Post: December 18th, 2012, 10:26 AM
By Boom or Bust in forum Newbie Affiliate FAQs & Helpful ArticlesReplies: 13Last Post: December 30th, 2009, 07:53 PM