Time for my AS post
    Being my first time at one of these conferences, it was quite exciting being in Miami and attending. And I have to say, publically, that if it wasn't for Andy then my first conference would not have happened. I've thanked him prior to the summit and even at the summit. I have to, again, say thank you to Andy for helping to make it possible.

That was the first person I wanted to really meet face to face, but it was great meeting the rest of the folks that I had the opportunity to meet; Jorge, Deb, Scott (Scooter), Coley, Dale (TFAW), Brian (Cursal), Brian Littleton, Rexanne, Alan (yes I may actually promote you now, lol), most of the AffiliateCREW crew, Ron, Emilio from ARC, Geno, Nunez.....I know I'm missing a lot of people, and I apologize for not remembering everyone right now. If I met you and talked to you, then you apply. Don't hold it against me. Donuts got pointed out to me at the Sagamore, but then he vanished into thin air so I was not able to actually meet him, unfortunately.

There was a blonde I really wanted to meet, too bad she was at the wrong booth. Even for the chance to talk to her, I couldn't patron that particular booth, lol.

I have to say, as well, there were a couple of people who impressed me by the fact that they just hung out with me, never really pushed anything on me, and weren't all business. I know the point of this is to network and make new contacts, but at the same time it doesn't always have to be all about business. I didn't want a business card in my face all the time, or getting some spiel all the time.

One of those would be Bob (known here as Robert Drumm) from AC Lens. We had some casual conversations, shot the shit smoking a cig out front here and there, and that was it. No immediate sales push, no card thrown at me, just casual meetings and even though I already knew of AC Lens, I'm going to give them a look.

Another, who isn't as active here but still hangs around, is Michael from uBid. Not until Monday night at the WMRadio party did I get his card, and only because I asked for it. We hung out most of the night at that party until he had to go schmooze, but we had hung out prior to then as well. And he really had every intention of buying me a beer, had the open bar not still been going, lol.

And again, Brian (Cursal). Not until we parted ways (just before I was fixing to leave to come home on Tuesday) did I get a card. We hung out quite a bit during the conference, had lunch together on Tuesday, attended a class together, I ran him by the AffiliateCREW booth (I need some bounty commission, lol), and we just hung out in general whenever we ran across each other. Just a general friend. We even manned the Piano Wizard booth together for a little while, lol.

Not to say others weren't that way as well, but these were 3 people I had general, constant contact with throughout the conference.

Joel Comm, he put on an excellent class. Taught me a few things I didnt know. As did Wil from SEER. And the Conversion Rate Clinic class was quite entertaining and educational. Athough Sondra Stewart needs to pep up a bit, she just wouldnt come out of her shell (that was sarcasm for all intents and purposes).

Funny thing, as much as I made my rounds inside, most of my networking was done out front around the ashtrays. I made many a contact and learned of many a new program outside smoking a cigarette. Not to say I didn't do the same inside, but it was moreso out front.

I really enjoyed my first affiliate summit, and I certainly hope I get to make another one soon to see my 'new friends' again and meet those that I didn't have the pleasure of meeting at this summit (a couple of you know who you are because I emailed you about it, lol).

And I even had to push ABW on many a people who had actually never been here.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

And Angel, I didn't mean to walk right by you when we ran across each other. I was having a rough day after the WMR party, so I wasn't really "all there".

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

http and a telephoto
    Shawn, it was great seeing you and hope to hang with you more at the next one. You really need to come to Vegas
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilebadboy
    Donuts got pointed out to me at the Sagamore, but then he vanished into thin air so I was not able to actually meet him, unfortunately.
    Sorry I missed you, I had to morph into invisible donut hole mode for a little while. Next time, we'll chat.

Joel Comm, he put on an excellent class. Taught me a few things I didnt know. As did Wil from SEER. And the Conversion Rate Clinic class was quite entertaining and educational. Athough Sondra Stewart needs to pep up a bit, she just wouldnt come out of her shell (that was sarcasm for all intents and purposes).
    I really enjoyed the Conversion Clinic session - I didn't agree with everything they said, but did with most of it. Overall, I thought they were really good. Analyzing sites without knowing beforehand which ones the audience would shout out, showed how very talented and extremely quick-minded they were! I hope they keep doing this session - it'll always be new and gives attendees a chance to suggest their site for the panelists to review, live and impromptu.

It's hard for me to express how much I valued Wil Reynolds presentation. I've worked in many industries in my life and I'd say his presentation is the very best I've ever attended, anywhere. Shockingly good. He's very well informed, a great speaker, shares excellent stuff and he has this uncanny ability to nimbly and coherently bounce around in different directions with the audience's questions. His presentation here was completely new stuff - not a replay of the last time I saw him present. He gets a five donut holes rating from me. His presentation was worth more to me than I paid in total expenses to attend the entire show. I hope Missy and Shawn keep him coming back!

Affiliate Manager
    One of those would be Bob (known here as Robert Drumm) from AC Lens. We had some casual conversations, shot the shit smoking a cig out front here and there, and that was it. No immediate sales push, no card thrown at me, just casual meetings and even though I already knew of AC Lens, I'm going to give them a look.
    It was a pleasure meeting you Shawn. I'm glad to see my non-sales sales pitch worked .

You should have stuck around us at the SAS party for the Tattoo Media insanity. I'm glad you had a good time and hope to see you in Vegas.

Bob

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    It's hard for me to express how much I valued Wil Reynolds presentation. I've worked in many industries in my life and I'd say his presentation is the very best I've ever attended, anywhere. Shockingly good. He's very well informed, a great speaker, shares excellent stuff and he has this uncanny ability to nimbly and coherently bounce around in different directions with the audience's questions. His presentation here was completely new stuff - not a replay of the last time I saw him present. He gets a five donut holes rating from me. His presentation was worth more to me than I paid in total expenses to attend the entire show. I hope Missy and Shawn keep him coming back!
    Wil routinely gets the best feedback, and he's lined up to speak in London already.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Being my first time at one of these conferences, it was quite exciting being in Miami and attending. And I have to say, publically, that if it wasn't for Andy then my first conference would not have happened. I've thanked him prior to the summit and even at the summit. I have to, again, say thank you to Andy for helping to make it possible.
    MBB,

Thank you my friend. It was my pleasure. I hope it has given you more momentum to continue in this industry and use your God given talents not only to exceed your own personal expectations, but to also enable you to pay it forward one day when you are in the same position to help someone else suceed in this industry. This industry has been very good to me on many levels and it is my duty to contribute, give back and help as many others as I can ...

It was a real pleasure meeting you ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Great meeting you
    It was great meeting you, and sorry they kept that open bar open so I had to simply hand you a beer! Next time we'll get that links for drinks deal going!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread