Mark Cuban applies to buy Chicago Cubs
    I like that lengthy quote.

CHICAGO - Add internet billionaire and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to the list of potential Chicago Cubs buyers.

"I submitted an app," Cuban said in an e-mail to The Associated Press.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070713/...bbn_cubs_cuban

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Wow...crazies!

Yes, he is.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Crazy but successful. I wonder if there is a link there.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    I think Cuban would be good for the game of baseball. I feel like he has grown a lot as an owner and would bring some great ideas and money to MLB. Cubs fans(SAS) have to be excited about this possibility. Cuban is an owner second and a fan first, a great combo for any team.
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent E.
    I think Cuban would be good for the game of baseball. I feel like he has grown a lot as an owner and would bring some great ideas and money to MLB. Cubs fans(SAS) have to be excited about this possibility. Cuban is an owner second and a fan first, a great combo for any team.
    I agree 100%. He also fully understands the relationship between the team and its fans. Every Mavs game has a number of $4 seats. Sure, they are a mile high, behind the A/C unit etc., but they are $4 NBA seats.
    I am a fan of Mark Cuban and look forward to him owning the Cubs. The Cubs is a wonderful organization with a huge history and I am confident that Cuban will preserve their history and bring them into a state of being a contender while keeping their fans in mind. I'm excited about this.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I agree 100%. He also fully understands the relationship between the team and its fans. Every Mavs game has a number of $4 seats. Sure, they are a mile high, behind the A/C unit etc., but they are $4 NBA seats.
    I am a fan of Mark Cuban and look forward to him owning the Cubs. The Cubs is a wonderful organization with a huge history and I am confident that Cuban will preserve their history and bring them into a state of being a contender while keeping their fans in mind. I'm excited about this.
    Years ago I felt that Cuban needed to grow up and I have to say, he not only matured as a person, but as an owner. I think he has one of the best team / owner / fan relationships in the NBA now. Even though his remarks after their loss in the playoffs this year was a bit of the old MC (No, not you Coley).

Word I have from an inside source though, is that if he is successful in his bid to buy the Cubs, they will become the Chicago Cubans.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    I heard he's moving Dirk on over to make room for someone who can show up during the playoffs.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread