Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Window Washer Scam
    Somebody emailed this to me this video and I looked it up + found a video on youTube and also the source of the story.

From RealStories.com
    The guys who wash windows at traffic lights make a lot more money than you think. Our surprising investigation into this shadowy world of tax–free grey areas. A window washer can earn $280k/year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CVco2G6pys

Here in Brazil we have Window Washer MBA if you want.
    [URL="tinyurl.com/p4wpj"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]AdWords [/COLOR]Community[/URL] | [URL="tinyurl.com/hphom"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]Commission Junction [/COLOR]Community[/URL] | [URL="http://tinyurl.com/nh6fc"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]AdSense[/COLOR] Community[/URL]

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Is there a technique to that?

Yeah, but if you look at the exchange rates to USD you'll see that he's really only making $288K (AUS)* 0.872317 ~ $250K (USD) -- hardly worth the effort IMO :}

Internet Cowboy
    This is no scam. These guys provide a service and people willingly give them money. Nothing scammy at all about that. If you don't like their service, don't give them any money or tell them no from the start.

The "scam" is when they do it even after you have said "no" to their services. Then they pressure folks into giving them money out of guilt, and in some countries near violence.

Expressway exits in Chicago - usually had multiple window washers that would not let you pass unless they got their money... even if they performed no service. I was always afraid some semi would be unable to stop and crash into me...

Extortion - plain and simple
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

Internet Cowboy
    I am driving a car, they are walking. I can roll up windows and lock doors. Unless they have a gun, nobody will bully me into giving them any money if I am not inclined to do so on my own.
    I don't live in a big city, so maybe I am out of touch. When I lived in Miami I had some of these guys approach me. If I needed it and I had a few bucks in cash on me, I used them. Otherwise I told them to move on and they usually did.

A woman driving alone and two guys step in front of your car demanding to be paid to let you pass.... a couple of bucks gave safe passage

I now live out in rural America - I get off the expressway I don't have to worry about being accosted. The sheriff out here would never let that happen
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

I've heard about different variations of the window washing scam/"service'. Don't think everybody does it the same way.

turrets Tuesday gota love it ;-)

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    viral video's
    I'm surprised that that video has only had 15k views. Its put together great with a catche story. we've been trying to do video's for our affiliates as that seemed to be the them for this last affiliate summit.

thanks for sharing eric.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WyndhamVacationR-EricEwe
    Somebody emailed this to me this video and I looked it up + found a video on youTube and also the source of the story.

The guys who wash windows at traffic lights make a lot more money than you think. Our surprising investigation into this shadowy world of tax–free grey areas. A window washer can earn $280k/year
    I suspect that "scam" is not the word you intended here. I think you meant to say "entrepreneurial." Had no idea so much money could be made washing windshields. May have to rethink my career path!!

The bullying or intimidation thing is not what I have seen out here. They just ask if you want your windshield washed, and if not, they don't push it - so I'm a little surprised at the antics others mention here.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

That video is definitely fake though...
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Thumbs down Fake
    It did not look real, all staged...

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread