Cure for cancer found!?
    A friend of mine told me about this yesterday and I could not believe it. Check this out:

LINK HERE

WTF!?!? Is this thing for real!?!?!? We still don't have a cure for cancer because it already exists, it is very cheap, and big companies won't make big money off it!!?!?? I mean.... HUH!?!? Obviously the reporter is just as SHOCKED as I am.

If this is for real, maybe we should think hard about the society we leave in. Millions of people are dying because no company is making money off it? Is it all about the money? I really have no answers, just questions at this moment. I am TOTALLY confused and disappointed.

Alex
    AlexBet.com - Professional Website Design, Website Development, Mobile App Development!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Benjamin Franklin

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Title: DCA Possible Cure for Cancer.

Yeah, in a capitalistic society, everything is driven by profits (and patents).

Without the pfizer of the worlds, no new "Medicines" will be released in the market but they report to their investors (first and foremost). Investors are always looking at profits, if they are not looking at profits, they would not be called investors.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I've never heard of DCA but I wouldn't worry about whether or not a US pharmaceutical firm can or will patent it with FDA approval. If it can be proved safe and effective and can make them money it will be done and further, if it can't make them money it could be treated as a sponsored drug under the Orphan Drug Act.

GHB, a naturally occurring substance has been patented under the name Xyrem. It's used in the treatment of narcolepsy. I'm sure there are lots of other examples of a naturally occurring substance being manipulated and patented by a pharmaceutical company.

I understand that investors are looking for profits, but if it is proven that this cure kills most cancers and it could very possibly work on humans (don't forget that this drug has already been in use for 30 years on humans), I am pretty sure that they can get money for research from normal people, donations. Wouldn't you donate? I definitely would.

What is the alternative? For someone that has cancer, the alternative is death. Wouldn't someone who has cancer give all the money in the world to live!? Even if there are side effects. It is better to be alive and suffer the side effects, then be dead and have no side effect.

Unbelievable!
    Alex
    AlexBet.com - Professional Website Design, Website Development, Mobile App Development!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Benjamin Franklin

There's a lot of misinformation there.

Just because something can't be patented doesn't mean it won't be tested and developed and doesn't mean that it can't be profitable. Pharmaceutical companies aren't the only ones who do testing. Government agencies (NIH, FDA, CIHR, and others), universities, and companies funded by private charities (like MDA) also do research. If it is effective and can be produced, it will.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Ummm.... I am not surprised at all.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    A few points:

1) I wouldn't get excited as to its curing potential until the last stage of the human trials. Like the 1st doc says, a lot of things work in test tubes and lab animals, but not in humans. In the Wall St. Journal there is a fairly steady stream of bad news about various drugs that turned out to not work (causing massive stock-price tankage in what could be called "little pharma" and sometimes even in big pharma). I've read of so many loser drugs that seemed promising at first, that I hardly raise an eyebrow at lab-animal results anymore.

TV is great for premature hype, especially when they can flog the outrage-factor at the same time. Especially opinion-TV, like Beck's (I think that's his name) show. (I always call him G, because he's got that giant G on the screen all the time...)

2) IF it works as expected--then...what G said. People will get ahold of it whether the pharma companies sell it or not! The clip says it can be bought from chemical companies, no regs attached.

3) People WILL sell it--whether it works or not, even. Oh, it won't be big pharma, but so what. Sounds like a bin o' that stuff + a Google ad = rich, to the ordinary Joe.

In fact, checking Google, there are ALREADY ads showing, both under the termSearch on the full name (Sodium Dichloroacetate)!

3a) Some idiots will claim that it "cures cancer" in their ads (before the proof is in) and draw FDA wrath. Then the FDA Conspiracy Theories will abound, even though it's legitimately illegal to make unproven health claims when selling drugs.

3b) Some smarter people will NOT make any claims themselves, and let the media do all the claiming for them.

4) What the US doesn't sell, India does. And India cares about this much --> *raspberries* <-- for the FDA's opinion of it.

It IS all about the money, but that's really not bad. What the pharma companies think is too little money to bother with, somebody else will think is puh-LENTY! Because of "the money," people who ordinarly wouldn't care less (because they don't know anyone with cancer), suddenly become interested. And, those generic-drug making places will hop all over it, too.

That talk guy WAY underestimates Capitalism if he thinks this is "unavailable" or won't be seen because of Big Pharma's oversized fiscal appetite. By next WEEK there'll probably be a whole row of AdWords ads from smaller places pushing this stuff!

If this is for real, maybe we should think hard about the society we leave in. Millions of people are dying because no company is making money off it? Is it all about the money? I really have no answers, just questions at this moment. I am TOTALLY confused and disappointed.
    I would not doubt it for a minute.

Just like others already have found alternatives to the oil-fuel issue, and perhaps even the cure for AIDs too, it all really comes down to "Is it all about the money"

There is a lot of new discovered stuff out there, that may not be made public knowledge for some time to come, because of those that have the monopoly on current stuff the way it's now, would lose that monopoly, once those new things become public knowledge, and available for everyone else.

Btw, here is the link to The DCA Site.

This site is to help inform people of the exciting research done on DCA by scientists at the University of Alberta. In January 2007, a team of scientists at the University of Alberta published a paper in the scientific journal, Cancer Cell, describing the discovery Source: The DCA Site
    Here is another video: Dichloroacetate (DCA) - Cure for Cancer?

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    If the trials work on humans as they did on human cells and rats, then this sounds like a very promising drug to fight cancer. I don't think it's a cure though since cancer cells tend to pop-up out of nowhere and come back at anytime.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBet
    A friend of mine told me about this yesterday and I could not believe it. Check this out:

LINK HERE

WTF!?!? Is this thing for real!?!?!? We still don't have a cure for cancer because it already exists, it is very cheap, and big companies won't make big money off it!!?!?? I mean.... HUH!?!? Obviously the reporter is just as SHOCKED as I am.

For sure that would be pathetic Alex, but not surprising. Everything, EVERY thing revolves around money. What incentive does the medical industry have to actually cure a disease and lose the profits the disease creates? Pitiful, but I believe, and I reiterate - "I" believe that this is the reality.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

It is better to be alive and suffer the side effects, then be dead and have no side effect.
    What?

I have to disagree on that one!

There are a few exceptions to every rule, and I think that even this: will have some side effect, one way , or another .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    I would not doubt it for a minute.

Just like others already have found alternatives to the oil-fuel issue, and perhaps even the cure for AIDs too, it all really comes down to "Is it all about the money"
    Unfortunately, I have to agree on that. There are SO MANY inventions on alternative fuels and alternative energies, but they are all kept "in the drawer" for when it is absolutely necessary to take them out and make a HUGE amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    For sure that would be pathetic Alex, but not surprising. Everything, EVERY thing revolves around money. What incentive does the medical industry have to actually cure a disease and lose the profits the disease creates? Pitiful, but I believe, and I reiterate - "I" believe that this is the reality.
    I agree, "Money makes the world go round". I just can't understand being SO selfish. I guess it is just me. If I could solve a global problem, I would not hesitate doing it and not making obscene amounts of money. The money will come later anyhow when I will be known to be the man who saved humanity. But this is just my opinion.
    Alex

Benjamin Franklin

Cancer is almost a symptom rather than a disease in itself, there are many different causes of the many different types and the uncontrolled undifferentiated growth of cells is the end result.

I really don't believe the conspiracy ideas that answers already exist to some major problems, the systems are so leaky, that the truth would out and I really even have faith in the humanity of people who run these companies when it affects their nearest and dearest.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    This has been going on forever. Makes me sick.

There are many "cures" and alternate means of eradicating most diseases on the planet. Most "cures" are "natural" and cannot be patented and so will be maligned and poo pooed by the FDA and standard medical community as "snake oil." Sad, because in Germany and countries outside the USA and FDA watch dogs, these "cures" are available to people who know where to find them.

It is absolutely the same principle as alternate energy sources ... if they don't make big corporations money, they'll be buried and labeled as nonsense.

Look up Dr. W.C. Douglas. - Your jaw will hit the pavement over the information he exposes.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

When was the last time we ever "cured" anything? Smallpox, polio, rubella, etc. Just a casual observation, but it sure seems to me that the big drug companies focus on products that treat symptoms and never cure the cause. If they cure anything, the market for treating the symptom goes away.

I just don't buy the conspiracy theories. If something like this was discovered or invented, you wouldn't be able to supress it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    It would be great indeed if this was a cure. I do believe however that when others (like perhaps pharm companies) see that they will loose Billions, they will find a way to shut up any found cure or invention quick. Something along the lines of "Here's 50 million, now go away and give up all rights, or else'.

My wife and I saw a demonstration long time ago for a washing machine that never needed soap or other chemicals for cleaning clothes. It was something todo with the way the clothes tumbled from the bottom up and air bubbles loostened the stains and dirt right off. You think the big clorox and other type companies want an invention like that. We've never seen it on the market or heard from the inventor.

ABW Ambassador
    If someone found the cure for the common cold, they would be wise to hire many bodyguards because someone would be out to off them. Just too much money would be lost. This is something you would have to keep secret and when you let it out, lots of people and press around and security.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I just don't buy the conspiracy theories. If something like this was discovered or invented, you wouldn't be able to supress it.
    Unfortunately, disease and sickness is huge business and many "cures" and healthy alternatives are supressed every day. I don't consider them "conspiracy theories" because I've seen these things happen all my life. My father is a holistic doctor and has enlightened me since birth. There is plenty of valid scientific evidence to support these "conspiracy theories" that is supressed and attacked in the mainstream media to make them look foolish, all to protect big pharma's financial hold on the people who need help.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I sit here now re-reading the first posts on this thread, and then the newer posts, having just returned from visiting a close friend in the hospital.

He's 57 years old, he travels all over the world for his regualr work, in his spare time he is a playwright and theatrical director, and now he is lethargic, partially paralyzed, and totally depressed, due to cancer. He is just fininshing his first round of chemo, and will find out in the next couple of days how effective it has been, and what his prognosis might be.

Reading about possible cures, the profit-is-all-that-matters-big-pharma, and the medical establishment in the US in general, makaes me want to .

I won't go into the serious medical problems that both my wife and my daughter have sufferd with for many years, but suffice it to say, a pharmaceutical-medical-insurance establishment actually geared to benefiting the needs of real people, geared to eliminating, not "controlling", disease, and one that is truly non-profit, could well have reduced their suffereing, our friend's suffering, and improved the lives of countless millions of people, now and into the future.

Oh, and Governor Arnold Groppenfuehrer's revised California budget proposal would cut $3 Billions in aid to blind, disabled and homeless Californians.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Unfortunately, disease and sickness is huge business and many "cures" and healthy alternatives are supressed every day. I don't consider them "conspiracy theories" because I've seen these things happen all my life. My father is a holistic doctor and has enlightened me since birth. There is plenty of valid scientific evidence to support these "conspiracy theories" that is supressed and attacked in the mainstream media to make them look foolish, all to protect big pharma's financial hold on the people who need help.
    I TOTALLY agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    I sit here now re-reading the first posts on this thread, and then the newer posts, having just returned from visiting a close friend in the hospital.

He's 57 years old, he travels all over the world for his regualr work, in his spare time he is a playwright and theatrical director, and now he is lethargic, partially paralyzed, and totally depressed, due to cancer. He is just fininshing his first round of chemo, and will find out in the next couple of days how effective it has been, and what his prognosis might be.

Reading about possible cures, the profit-is-all-that-matters-big-pharma, and the medical establishment in the US in general, makaes me want to .

I won't go into the serious medical problems that both my wife and my daughter have sufferd with for many years, but suffice it to say, a pharmaceutical-medical-insurance establishment actually geared to benefiting the needs of real people, geared to eliminating, not "controlling", disease, and one that is truly non-profit, could well have reduced their suffereing, our friend's suffering, and improved the lives of countless millions of people, now and into the future.

Oh, and Governor Arnold Groppenfuehrer's revised California budget proposal would cut $3 Billions in aid to blind, disabled and homeless Californians.
    I guess people who haven't lost anyone to cancer (or any other similar disease) don't think like you (or me). My wife lost her father last year to a pancreatic cancer. When she saw this, she freaked out. You want to try and explain it to her why this "cure" is still not publicly available? Her father was the most important figure in her life. If she could have extended his life for mere 5 minutes (let alone cure him), I am sure she would have given up all the riches in the world.

At the end, we come to the question of ethics. How much money is enough!?
    Alex

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBet
    What is the alternative? For someone that has cancer, the alternative is death.
    Great thread Alex but this quote might be rephrased a little. My father-in-law died of leukemia. My wife is a lymphoma survivor and is presently free of it. It always hangs in the back of their mind that it can come back.

The term Cancer covers a lot of ground from my skin cancers, (more biops last Friday), to several survivors I know. The point is everyone with cancer is not desperate as I'm sure you know.

The main problem as I see it is the on going demise of health care in the USA. We are prejudiced here since we were squeezed out of our insurance about 10 years ago.

Friday I waited 4 hours after my 9:30 appointment. I then waited another hour in the examining room, and then got a 50 minute biopsy. Nearly 6 hours for a simple skin biopsy by a resident with one year to go. We had a good laugh when I told we were going to have to get Michael Moore in their to shake things up.

I think I agree with MC here (surprise!), in that if something works it will make its way out. Same with alternative healing methods. There are many ways to heal yourself outside of the medical establishment in the US. Just because they aren't mainstream doesn't mean they don't work, and it doesn't mean nobody knows about them either. There are very few things that people just can't make a profit on. Even if you can't patent a medicine or medical procedure, you can patent the delivery method, or the treatment procedure, all sorts of things. The problem often isn't one of not being able to make a profit, but of things that go bad when you allow people to make a profit, but that's another discussion...
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    The point is everyone with cancer is not desperate as I'm sure you know.
    You are right. But since the cancers in question were brain, breast, lung, etc., those cancers are VERY deadly and that is why I said that. I totally understand that there are some cancers where people are not desperate to get their hands on just any cure, and they shouldn't of course.
    Alex

Benjamin Franklin

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread