Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lost Over 18 Lbs
    It's exciting.... I am excited!!

Over the past 3 months I have lost over 18 pounds, and have only 3.3 lbs more to go to reach the optimum weight for my height and age. Recipe? Ate fish, lean meat, chicken breasts, vegetables, fruit, etc. Exercised daily (weekends for rest). Hardly any pork, no sweets (not that I am a big fan of any), no alcohol, and no lemonades of any kind.

I am thrilled, and intend to press on towards the goal... The last time I was in my optimum weight was back when I first met my wife, or exactly 6 years ago.

Geno

Geno,

You looked great at Summit, but I can't believe there is any more to lose.

I've been slowly doing much of the same but have yet to see any big results. I refuse to look at the scale very often and mark my progress by the way my clothes fit. However, did go in for a physical exam and blood work last week and much improved results from the last time so even if I'm no losing weight as fast as I'd like, my lipid profile is improving nicely.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

WTG!

I have 10 pounds to go. I've lost 12 so far, in a little over a month. Very similar lifestyle to yours, but a wee bit of alcohol thrown in...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    You looked great at Summit, but I can't believe there is any more to lose...
    Thank you, man. I lost most of it (something like 17 lbs) before the Summit... Best of luck with your weight loss, Ron.

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    I've lost 12 so far, in a little over a month...
    That's faaaast... Be careful you do not gain them as fast. In the past I noticed that when you loose this fast, it is easy to put them on quicker.

Sounds like our initial goals were very similar: I had to loose 21.3 lbs, yourself -- 22. Interesting.

Geno

Well done Geno I wish I could manage to do that

Sue.

Congrats, Geno. I think I'm working towards the other way.

It might be the third Zinger I just ate, because unlike you, I'm a sucker for sweets!
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

I was too, Chris. It's funny how bad sugar tastes to me now... I stopped out for a drink with friends last week, and I ordered a vodka and seltzer. They didn't have seltzer (the heathens), so I took a Vodka and Tonic.

BLEH!

So sweet with either the sugar or artificial sweetener in the tonic water...

So it goes away. It really does.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    So it goes away. It really does.
    You assume I want it to go away...I happen to be very comfortable with my sugar addiction!
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    WTG Geno, Noth, Ron et al.

I've lost 23 lbs since getting back to CO from FL in May. Ellen simply put us on meals she prepared from her weight watchers cookbook and that peels it off slow and steady. With me, when I want to lose weight, I kick start it by drastically reducing my intake. It takes a couple weeks before the cravings for food stop, but once that's done, losing a few pounds a week is pretty easy.

I'm not a breakfast eater, so hardly ever eat before 1 pm. I have a small lunch, high fiber, low carb. Then dinner is a modest portion of chicken, fish, turkey, etc.

The key to weight loss is changing eating habits, which takes 4 - 5 weeks. After that, like you said, you lose both your psychological and physical taste for certain food items, like candy, deserts etc. My way probably is not the best for others, but it's worked for me anytime I decide to lose weight. Any way, congratulations for the will power and goal achievement to all of you.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    It's exciting.... I am excited!!

Over the past 3 months I have lost over 18 pounds, and have only 3.3 lbs more to go to reach the optimum weight for my height and age. Recipe? Ate fish, lean meat, chicken breasts, vegetables, fruit, etc. Exercised daily (weekends for rest). Hardly any pork, no sweets (not that I am a big fan of any), no alcohol, and no lemonades of any kind.

I am thrilled, and intend to press on towards the goal... The last time I was in my optimum weight was back when I first met my wife, or exactly 6 years ago. Geno
    sugar free red bull and vodka are not fattening Geno, you might give it a try. As for lemonades, I don't know if you get Crystal Lite in Russia, but they make an excellent sugar free lemonade mix.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    That's fabulous Geno!! You rock!
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Congrats Geno - never noticed that you needed to lose weight and certainly didn't notice you'd lost 18 pounds at Summit. Good job!

I'm officially in weight loss mode, too. If I stop eating sugar, I'll lose it fast so sugar is officially out of my life. :-( Takes a week or so to get the addiction out of my system so I could be cranky for a few days. Nobody piss me off! LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thank you, Sue, Chris, Alan, Amy and Rexanne.

Alan, I never told you that, but when I met you at the Summit, the first thing I thought was "Dang, is he slim!" Good job loosing the 23 lbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    The key to weight loss is changing eating habits...
    Yep, I absolutely agree with this statement of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I'm officially in weight loss mode, too. If I stop eating sugar, I'll lose it fast so sugar is officially out of my life.
    Congratulations and best of luck with it, Rexanne!! I'll try not to get in your way for the next 7-10 days then.

sugar free red bull and vodka are not fattening Geno, you might give it a try.
    I thought vodka (and any spirits for that matter) has a ton of calories on its own. Wrong belief?

Geno

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I thought vodka (and any spirits for that matter) has a ton of calories on its own. Wrong belief?

Geno
    There're quite a few cals. It depends on the proof.

Whether it would count as "a ton" depends on how much you drink. It doesn't seem like 1 oz of 100-proof vodka is a BIG load of calories (82 or 83 cals.), but if you drink more, it'll add up quick.

Here's a page I just found on Goog that breaks it down:

http://www.calorieking.com/calories-in-vodka.html

Ounces are the default. You can also get the results by grams, but who the heck weighs out their liquor?! Yet no mL listing. (G says 1 oz = about 29.5 mls.)

You can look up other drinks and foods on that calorie site, too.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Congrats to you, Geno, and to everyone else on the weight loss trail. It's hard to change bad habits, but you feel so good when you do. It sounds like you have the healthy habits going, which is good!

I love that we have this forum to encourage each other and grab support and accolades whenever we need them. It really helps no matter what the topic!

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Great news Geno, Affiliate Marketing certainly does add on the pounds doesn't it

I've stabilized down at 80kg after dropping from 96, was down at around 77 but it was too hard to maintain so I've settled on 80, sounds like , I still do the high fibre diet but at the same time I don't deny myself the things I enjoy...like ice cream .
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Geno wrote: "Alan, I never told you that, but when I met you at the Summit, the first thing I thought was "Dang, is he slim!" Good job loosing the 23 lbs!!"

Geno, now be straight with me.... you actually thought: "Dang"?? LOL

Rex, re: your concern about sugar, red bull comes in a sugar free version too.

Congrats to everyone on your determination to make it happen.

Geno, now be straight with me.... you actually thought: "Dang"?? LOL
    I'm straight with everyone, man... No additional meaning implied. Just an interjection that you may replace by any other one expressing surprise.

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    There're quite a few cals. It depends on the proof.

Whether it would count as "a ton" depends on how much you drink. It doesn't seem like 1 oz of 100-proof vodka is a BIG load of calories (82 or 83 cals.), but if you drink more, it'll add up quick.

Here's a page I just found on Goog that breaks it down:

http://www.calorieking.com/calories-in-vodka.html

Ounces are the default. You can also get the results by grams, but who the heck weighs out their liquor?! Yet no mL listing. (G says 1 oz = about 29.5 mls.)

You can look up other drinks and foods on that calorie site, too.
    Good reference material Leader, leave it to you! One ounce of vodka and a sugar free RB is about 85 calories - so if you are on a 1,200 calorie diet, you can skip the meals and have 14...

Geno, I think he meant it was "unusual" for anyone these days to say 'Dang" as opposed to "Holy F*&$^# S#&@!"

For those of you looking for a good gin or vodka mixer, I strongly suggest the flavored seltzers made by Polar. Contains:

Carbonated Water
    Natural Flavors.

Can't go wrong there...
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Judi, thank you. And yes, best of luck to others that are on the same path!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    I love that we have this forum to encourage each other and grab support and accolades whenever we need them. It really helps no matter what the topic!
    It does.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Great news Geno, Affiliate Marketing certainly does add on the pounds doesn't it
    As does happy family living (with all the good home-cooked food you can never turn down........ mmmmmm....... yum...).

Geno

I'm straight with everyone, man... No additional meaning implied. Just an interjection that you may replace by any other one expressing surprise. Geno
    LOL, yep, you mistook a light hearted gesture Geno, but that's ok. Typed messages can be misinterpreted. When that happens I just think "Dang!" lol

1 more pound off!! Only 2.3 left to go....................

G.

Alright!!

As of today, I am officially on target -- 82 kg (or 180.78 lbs)!!

Need to start pumping iron now to burn what's left of fat (I have a feeling I can still drop a pound or so) into muscle...

Geno

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast