Angry Verification Status
    I've been a Linkshare affiliate for a long, long time. Probably 6 years or more. I recently changed my account information to be listed as a Corporation instead of an Individual.

When i made this change, my account got unverified. This was back in March and I'm still not "verified". How long will Linkshare take to "verify" me??? I've emailed them complaining about it, but have gotten nowhere with them. It wouldn't even be an issue except that they don't do direct deposit for unverified affiliates and their checks take forever to arrive. I'm still waiting for my check that was supposedly mailed over a week ago.

ABW Ambassador
    "How long will Linkshare take to "verify" me???"

Forever. I moved a couple of years ago and updated my address and I still get that message as many others do. There's just no point to it. I've been seeing this for almost 2 years now, first thing every time I login:

Legal Message
    We are unable to validate one or more pieces of your profile information at this time. We recognize that this may be due to the third party databases we employ being inaccurate or not up-to-date, or the information you entered being not exactly as they have it. We are currently making changes to our registration and validation processes and will be attempting again to validate your profile information in the future as such changes are implemented. While these changes are being made, you are welcome to participate in the LinkShare Network and will receive payments as if validated.

This prevents you from getting direct deposit, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    "How long will Linkshare take to "verify" me???"

Forever. I moved a couple of years ago and updated my address and I still get that message as many others do. There's just no point to it. I've been seeing this for almost 2 years now, first thing every time I login:

Legal Message
    We are unable to validate one or more pieces of your profile information at this time. We recognize that this may be due to the third party databases we employ being inaccurate or not up-to-date, or the information you entered being not exactly as they have it. We are currently making changes to our registration and validation processes and will be attempting again to validate your profile information in the future as such changes are implemented. While these changes are being made, you are welcome to participate in the LinkShare Network and will receive payments as if validated.

ABW Ambassador
    Not sure, I get checks.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Shows same for us. We get checks mailed to so don't know about direct deposit either.

Man was the post helpful, huh?

ABW Ambassador
    You can start a new thread and put Linkshare Moderator Can Unverified Affiliates Get Direct Deposit? in the title and we'll keep bumping it until you get a response, since they're not helping you via email.

There is no problem with Direct Deposit if you are still "unverified". I receive payments each month by DD even though I've been "unverified" forever too. I've got so used to getting that message each time I login that it doesn't even bother me anymore!

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    seven-link,
    Because you changed your legal entity name, we need to send your payment via check. Once you cash the check, you can set up direct deposit. The validation message does not affect your ability to be paid by LinkShare or how you are paid. Anytime you change your address or any of your legal entity fields, you will go back to being paid by check. This is just a way for us to make sure the right person made the change to your account.

Ranae

ABW Ambassador
    You can start a new thread and put Linkshare Moderator Can Unverified Affiliates Get Direct Deposit?
    While Grumpy has already responded, I don't think there is ever a need to start a new topic simply to call its attention to the Linkshare Moderator. She already reads all of the posts on this forum. If you want a response from her, ask for it as a reply to the existing thread.

seven-link, when you get your 1099 from Linkshare next year, you should get two of them, one for the payments you received as an Individual and another for the payments you received as a Corporation. Check them carefully for accuracy and if they aren't, ask Linkshare to re-issue them.

ABW Ambassador
    I was typing my last message before I saw Ranae's reply.

Ranae, why wasn't the info. you just posted provided to seven-link when he contacted Linkshare Support? I just continue to fail to understand what those people do. They certainly don't provide a customer support function.

ABW Ambassador
    "While Grumpy has already responded, I don't think there is ever a need to start a new topic simply to call its attention to the Linkshare Moderator."

I disagree. There was another thread with people asking questions and they weren't getting answered. And once that thread was made they were.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    The validation message does not affect your ability to be paid by LinkShare or how you are paid.
    Ranae
    I've had that "legal message" hanging on my login page so long that I don't even bother to ask anymore. It was last year(or the year before last year) when I contacted your rep about the "velidation" problem. The rep said nothing was wrong with my account and the message will go away shortly. It did go away for a few days as I can recall, but only a few days. Then the message came back again.

I could just live with it but I'd rather have it removed sometime at your convenience .

Thank you everyone for the info! I'm signed up with Direct Deposit, but i keep getting checks. I'm not sure why. I guess i'll have to try to email Linkshare customer service. Wish me luck

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    seven-link,
    Once you cash the new check that is made to your new legal entity name, you need to re-register for direct deposit. To sign up, click on "Update Profile" under Your Account. In your profile, scroll down to the "Payment Information" area and, if you've cashed at least one payment from LinkShare, you should see a link that says "Click here if you would like to change your preferred payment method to Direct Deposit". Once you click on the link to change your payment method, you can follow these steps:
    1) Review and accept the direct deposit terms & conditions
    3) Enter your bank information
    4) Select the “Initiate Random Deposit Verification” button
    5) Return to the Payment Information section of your profile to enter the two random deposit amounts after they appear in your bank account. It could take 7-10 days for them to post to your account. Once the correct amounts are verified, you are enabled for direct deposit.
    In the meantime, you will continue to receive you payments via check.

Here's my response from Linkshare Customer Service...

"I was looking through your profile, and all the information seems to be correctly inputted. However I think I may know the source of your problem. If you look at the Affiliate Payment Summary, it shows your recent payments as issued, but not cleared. I know you probably have deposited and cleared the checks but something in the system is preventing it to show that it is cleared. Because of that this is preventing your Direct Deposit to function properly. Our tech people are aware of the situation and are working to repair the problem at this time. Unfortunately until they repair the problem you will be stuck with the check option."

-- Looks like my account is messed up somehow. Unfortunately it sounds like it may be a while until this glitch is fixed.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread