Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Power to change the affiliate market is in our hands - you have a CHOICE

Affiliate Network Rep
    The Power to change the affiliate market is in our hands - you have a CHOICE
    Hi Everyone

I'm seeing a lot of negative activity on the forum lately surrouding certain networks and their lack of service to both customers - affiliates and advertisers.

To all the affiliates out there who are feeling their networks are letting them down again and again for one reason and another I wanted to make this post to say you now have a choice Ė buy.at - not wanting to sound too melodramatic but it is true and the choice is YOURS.

When we first entered the network game back in late 2002 there were both affiliates and merchants who were sick of the way things worked and people were looking for an alternative company to do business with in the right way.

Late and sometimes non payment was a common occurrence

Nobody was communicating with each other

Support was non existent

Technology was full of holes

People were being taken for fools - and why because they didnít have an alternative place to run the programs that were making them money

The UK scene is very different now with many good networks doing business in a much better way - this has definitely strengthened the industry and enabled affiliates to have a much better way of life than before.

Competition for the MAJOR BRANDS was the biggest factor in this improvement of the market and here in the US I see the larger networks moving business around between each other but no one really stamping their authority over the new business wins due to really making a difference and doing things the right way for the community.

If a network was to come in and win market share of the big brands I am telling you the other networks would change how they are - I have first hand experience of this.

Here at buy.at we are aiming to set about this change in the market dynamic by providing a real choice for the largest US brands. We are off to a flying start on the new business front with 4 Major brands signed up so far which will be launching over the next 2-6 weeks and another 3 in late stage talks!!

As affiliates you have the power to help with this drive and support us as we grow the network with largest advertisers.

If you see a choice to use buy.at take it and you will see over time the market dynamic changes and the large networks you find difficult to work with now will either fade or change to compete with buy.at

As said earlier in the post you and the advertisers have a choice now so its up to you and them to use it as this is the only way positive change will start.

If anyone wants to know more about our network just shoot me a mail I'm always online or give me a call

Best

Mal
    Last edited by perfiliate; July 16th, 2007 at 02:39 PM.
    Malcolm Cowley
    Advertising.com's buy.at affiliate network
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perfiliate
    ... We are off to a flying start on the new business front with 4 Major brands signed up so far which will be launching over the next 2-6 weeks and another 3 in late stage talks...
    Who are your merchants? When I look at your site, the only merchant I ses is CDWow.

I read your posts and posts from others, and Buy.at seems to be an up-and-coming network that does things the right way as far as affilliates are concerned. But if CDWow is your only merchant, there is nothing there for me to promote.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, thereís no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Affiliatehound

Thanks for the reply and good to hear from you.

The brands are coming - one to launch later this week another to follow next week and more lined up for 3-6 weeks time including one HUGE one.

You will have the programs you want to promote dont worry about that :-))

It takes time to win the business and then integrate the larger merchants from a standing start but in the meantime you can join the network or simply keep an eye out for a big program launch and then show your support if you want to effect a positive change

We will be charging ahead anyway but the road is short when you have support ( sorry didnt mean to make that rhyme :-) )

Looking forward to working with you more closely as we bring on the programs.

We are in full flow now following the affiliate Summit and will be keeping that momentum up!

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

ABW Ambassador
    You also have Swavorski available now.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    You also have Swavorski available now.
    Full announcement coming very soon T man ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Well, I for one, need ebay. If an affiliate network can't provide a full ebay program (not just registrations) then all my work in marketing ebay is out the window and certainly not attractive to me.

In addition there need to be a wide variety of merchants as well.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Yes I appreciate that position NakedGamer it can be hard when you have committed a lot to one merchant in particular.

I canít see Ebay using another network properly - if anything they will move in house at some stage would be my guess.

On the varied merchant front though I can help you there :-) all of our newly signed big brands that we will be launching are in different verticals so you should be pleased about this.

Support can come in many ways - recommending merchants - helping set up meetings - driving volume and moving your links around to places where you get looked after better and get more value out of the transaction fees the networks take for their services.

The merchant may ultimately pay the fees but who really pays? I'd say there is a split between the merchant and the affiliate which people are ok with as long as there is a value add from the network receiving the fee.

I see many many posts indicating there is no value add and so all I am saying is if you want more value and you want existing big brand networks to sharpen up then you have that choice in your hands - as said earlier I have seen this before and if you stand with us you will get the situation you want down the line.

We will add the brands have no fear of this they are coming.

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

AffiliateHound and NakeGamer had good observations and made some good points.

I'd like to say that generally speaking, I like a network with a wide variety of affiliate programs/merchants but I will not sign up with anyone unless there is an option for me to receive payments via a check in snail-mail.

I agree with this statement from NakedGamer (from post #10) below:
    As for support, what I need from support is answers to e-mails (or contact forms) when asked, and that usually only happens when I see there is a problem. Otherwise I have no contact with most networks and really don't have time for meetings and discussion.
    Last edited by Rhia7; July 16th, 2007 at 04:28 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Rhia7

Thanks for posting

I hear you on the check option.

We are all in business to make money and it can be hard to step back and consider money tomorrow as opposed to money today. Most people simply cant afford to take the hard road but I can promise you this - we have done it once and we will do it again and the more people who pitch in to help in the early days the faster it will happen.

Its going to be very exciting and I ca't wait till we add that option in the US for you Rhia7 so you can be a part of it.

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

I am not really sure but why say ebay will leave CJ? I haven't gotten any indication that will happen. As many pointed out CJ is still one of the few networks that pays ontime, and is consistent. Just because they bought a superaffiliate I seriously doubt that will affect my business at all.

As for support, what I need from support is answers to e-mails (or contact forms) when asked, and that usually only happens when I see there is a problem. Otherwise I have no contact with most networks and really don't have time for meetings and discussion. We have built a very successful marketing ability and while it could always improve we already know what directions we would need to do in order to achieve it. Naturally anyone can improve sales, but to what degree would have to be shown in cold hard numbers for me to be interested.

For me, and perhaps I am a rare case, we get answers from CJ within hours. True we have to contact them first to see IF there is a problem when they could have e-mailed us beforehand, but in 100% of the cases matters have been resolved or fixed within 5 days at the latest with most happening in 24 hours.

So as far as not communicating with others that is perhaps partially my fault. I don't have time to spend all day on the phone or answering e-mails and micro-managing (which I deplore) sites to death with affiliate managers or networks. My time is best spent with my customers, visitors and members. It's THEIR relationships that improve my sales. As we build sites with actual content and not just built for the sake of sales.

Of course this is all my own experience and IMHO.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thanks NakedGamer

I didnt say Ebay would be moving I said if they did move anywhere it would be inhouse thats just my own personal opinion tat if they ever went anywhere it would be in that direction - sorry for any confusion.

You do right to build community and of course all affiliates require different support - I think where buy.at might help give you some extra value would be through technology we develop and customize to enable you to reach your customers in a better way combined with giving you more time back in the day to spend in building your relationship with them.

Value add can come in many ways but I feel strongly there should be some in whatever format for the relationship to be deemed a success - paying on time is just a basic right not value add , especially as most networks dont cover you if a merchant goes bust

It will be great to work with you when we have a brand you like and show you some of the great tools we have to add value for you and your customers

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

When you get a few merchants let me know, but with what you have now you are not even an option in the running. Nothing against you guys, but I hate when I see posts like this, trying to capitalize on issues going on. Now if you had more than what, 2 merchants, and a few namebrand ones you might be in the running. Right now, I posts like this leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by perfiliate
    Are you unhappy with your current network provider? Do you need more reach? Is your exclusive contract limiting your ability to work with additional high volume affiliates? email buy.at now businessdevelopment@buy.at or call us on 877-202-4913 to find out why the biggest brands in the US are choosing the buy.at affiliate network!
    I didn't call, but what big US brands?

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Flamingoworld

Thanks for putting your views forward - they will be shared by many right now and so itís good to get them out here in public. I appreciate the honesty and my favorite people say it as they see it so i think we will get on great as we grow.

I met up with Haiko recently in NYC and I love that quality about him as you know exactly where you stand which is great.

With regards to the thread itself itís not specifically aimed at any one event or action by other networks - the timing was more coinciding with the great Summit we just had in terms of winning new business and then my trip to Ney York to see some of the biggest brands in the US.

I read one thread in particular that was just one thread to many combined with the head of steam we have behind the scenes I wanted to speak out - apologies if this offends you, unfortunately for the market there have been numerous events spanning years and something has to change.

Has much really changed with the large networks in the last few years? Would you like it to?

If someone doesnít take the bull by the horns nothing will ever change, I will continue to try and rally people to help change things around and improve the marketplace for everyone.

This is not the first time I have been in this situation with buy.at - everyone has to start with a first program and another and another and so on.

The brands we have SIGNED will be announced as we launch them

So far we have programs for CDWOW and Swarovski which goes live hopefully later this week.

We will launch another 3 brands between now and October these are companies which have the parent in the US.

All I ask of anyone that really wants to see a change in the market is when you SEE a choice take it - if you donít see a choice or donít want anything to change then don't.

As in most things the few who stand together can change things for the rest, I'd love to convince you to become one of those people but I realize we will need to win your trust through actions.

If you would like to give me a call at anytime to talk more about our company and plans I would love to hear from you

Alternatively have a chat with Andy or Haiko and they will be able to explain why they are supporting our US expansion.

Once again thanks for asking the difficult questions and giving me a chance to answer them.

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

15 years and counting
    Hi Malcom,
    The present situation with our US networks is quite upsetting. I appreciate what you are doing. You're on the right track. It will take some time to offer a real alternative but like you said "everyone has to start with a first program"
    Don't give up. We all have our bad days, I still remember my humble beginning with my first merchant. Rome was not built in one day.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Mate

Thanks for that :-)

I'm looking forward to the challenge it's exciting to be starting again and be the new kids on the block.

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Maybe we don't have the power to change things. I just tried signing up with Buy.at (using Windows Explorer) and got the following message:

"We were unable to complete the Database request at this moment - please contact webmaster Session halted."

Maybe CJ, Linkshare and the rest have infiltrated and broken your system.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Rick

I agree it will be almost impossible to support us if you cant get signed up :-))

I'll contact our guys in tech immediately to see what the issue might be.

I have your email address so ill pass that along to them as well

Thanks for the heads up

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Mal .. I could not find the list of merchants on your network. If you have at least a 100 merchants, do contact me to set up. Thanks and best with your efforts

ABW Ambassador
    Right now 1/2 US merchants but more on the way. That's the way it is starting out with anything, you're not going to have 100 merchants right off the bat but over time it will grow. And once affiliates see some of the big merchants that will be over there, more will come over. That'll work with both merchants and affiliates.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Redtagdeals

Thanks for posting

Just to manage expectations it will be a long time before we have 100 merchants on board as we only work with the largest brands as opposed to taking a quantity approach.

Ill certainly drop you a line when we hit the hundred mark though

Thanks for stopping by

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Rick just to update you I have spoken with our Technical team and they are now looking into that issue for you

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Rick

The team has identified the issue and have fixed it - its currently in test and will be put live in a little while.

I hope that was a quick enough response for you Rick and I look forward to getting to know you better as we grow over the next year

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Thanks Perfiliate!

After seeing your new posts, I tried signing up again and this time it worked.

I figure since Haiko and so many others on ABW seem all excited about Buy.at, I should go ahead and throw in my support. While I agree with the others that you need more merchants, I figure the more affiliates you can claim, then the greater your chances of attracting more merchants. So... now you can claim at least one more affiliate.

P.S. with words like "programme" popping up all over the site, it is easy to tell the site is written by British programmers.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi,

Just to confirm Mal's post. We found the problem and sorted it out. It was relating to the using the back buttons in the browser and persistance of all the relevant sign-up information.

Re UK spellings, let me know, as the buy.at technology is fully multi-lingual etc, so all content, menus, options etc are dynamic from our DB. We aim to please!

Feel free to PM me or drop me an email (ccing Mal) if you have any technical queries or issues.

Regards,

Rovin

Rovin Dawson
    Head of Technology
    www.buy.at
    rovin.dawson@buy.at

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast