ABW Ambassador
    Affiliate Commissions by Debit Card
    Saw this on Shawn's Blog:

http://blog.affiliatetip.com/archive...by-debit-card/

What do you think? Looks interesting.

I have no use for that myself, maybe if you are in another country maybe and want to save on check cashing fees.

Direct deposit into an online savings account is the thing I do. I get 5% interest before/if I even make a withdrawal

Yeah, direct deposit seems much easier (and faster?). The Pricing page at Payoneer.com says it takes 4-7 business days to load a debit card from a bank account...seems a bit long.

And besides, why use a debit card when I can use my regular credit card with its rewards program?

It does look interesting for those who like that kind of stuff. It would drive my accountant nuts I'm sure.

I'm an old guy and quit living check-to-check many years ago. Quick payments aren't as important to me as timely payments. I guess I'm just old, but to me people who have to have it right away usually need to get away in a hurry, if you know what I mean.

ATM fees in foreign countries can be higher than check clearing fees.

i like Neteller, Paypal, wire transfer or check is better

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan
    ATM fees in foreign countries can be higher than check clearing fees.
    Can you give an example? From my personal experience, in most of Europe (Western and Eastern) it is much easier to withdraw from an ATM than to cash a check (easier + cheaper). Over the past two years I withdrew money from ATMs around the UK, France, Monaco, Italy, Germany, Spain, Greece, Finland, Russia and Moldova. Even if you withdraw in the local currency, it is still not as bad as cashing a USD check (as the exchange rate does not differ my from the exchange places; well, unless you're in Russia).

Geno

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    For overseas affiliates the option to pull funds from a Debit card would be a huge boon, the ATM rate is around $4 for an international transaction, but considering the speed (less stress than waiting for a check to arrive and clear) it would seem to me to be a great option. We put this idea forward to LinkShare, and I believe SAS to on behalf of Western Union some time back, but neither firm moved forward with the idea. Good to see someone making this happen. If I were an affiliate (being overseas) it would be a definite attraction for me

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Ooo here's a thought, US Debit card means US Pay Pal account means iTunes USA.... whoo hoo where do I sign up!!!!
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Unhappy
    Okay that sucks.... US only for application and shipping , which is kinda pointless I believe.... though right up to the last screen I was hopeful on getting it for Pay pal... then got nailed on the SSN

I think a solution like this would make for a very fine alternative for affiliates. Why not give them the option of direct deposit, check, wire transfer, or prepaid debit card? I'm of the opinion that the more options you give people, the happier they'll be (though sometimes I wish Wal-Mart would back off a bit - I don't need to spend 30 minutes picking out a box of cereal...).
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

This is an interesting subject because before I got into the affiliate industry I worked in corporate incentives. We had a debit card division and I was responsible for maintaining the debit card redemption services. Some very major brands in the auto and B2B industry use this to reward their top dealerships. It's a big business distributing these debit cards. I can see why an affiliate network would want to offer them because they earn commissions from Mastercard and Visa. Of course they're going to spin it as a quicker alternative to getting paid, but the underlying motivation is the commission on each use of the cards.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

>> much easier to withdraw from an ATM

ATM every withdrawal --> a bigger fee for overseas withdrawal other than U.S.

i cannot withdraw usd, i have to withdraw in my local currency(forced currency exchange)

and then you have to carry the real cash and line up at the bank to re-deposit the money back into your bank account

i fear of robbers

deposit foriegn checks to my bank --> free of charge

and then there are Paypal, Neteller and moneybooker,

far superior than ATM card option

I like to be paid via a check.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread