Austin, TX
    starting out in affiliate advertising
    So I know this probably isn't the right place, but I couldn't find a good forum to post in. Anyway, does anyone know of a good resource for someone who is new to affiliate advertising and wants to learn the ropes?

I've been doing the affiliate thing for a couple of years now and enjoying pretty good success these days, but, without a doubt, I did just about everything wrong at first. I was basically throwing spaghetti at a wall hoping something would stick, and it was my website that seemed to work for me after countless other failures.

I say all that because I have a friend who is interested in getting started in this business, but she doesn't know much about website design or anything. I've managed to make money through a very tedious process with a lot of hard work, using my programming and website design knowledge to turn nothing into something decent. My friend doesn't have that background, so I'm not really sure where to direct her.

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as resources, books, etc. that I could refer her to that would kinda explain the whole process? FYI, I think she'd be happy starting out with just making a little extra money each month to supplement her regular job.

I'm sure this question has been asked countless times, I just couldn't find anything. Sorry in advance.

Dustin (aka Jack)

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Abingdon, Maryland
    Hi Dustin,

The best thing you could do for your friend, if you haven't already, is to get her to join ABW.

Have them read through the Newbie FAQ section and the Affiliate Marketing Power Tools section.

Encourage her to participate - use the search function, chime in when she can be of assistance and to ask questions.

Best of luck to both of you!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at) or on (443) 617-4036

Hey Dustin,
    I lurked around on this forum for a few weeks before even signing up. I'm a new merchant and was about as clueless as they come.
    Do searches in here as Kim suggested, but also just start reading random threads. There is an amazing amount of 'gems of wisdom' in here that you will never find by searching. Only just stumbling upon them in threads if your friend takes the time to read and learn.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread