ABW Ambassador
    What's Up With Linkshare Managed Merchants?
    I sent an email late last week to radisson_affiliates@linkshare.com. I've received no reply.

Last month, we learned from an affiliate that the Cendant affiliate program had ceased to function. This was also a program managed by Linkshare. Clearly it wasn't being managed because no one at Linkshare noticed that there were no sales whatsoever being reported. Now Linkshare has deactivated that program.

What's going on here? If Linkshare is being paid to act as the affiliate manager, why are emails going unanswered?

Radisson is listed as a Premium Merchant on Linkshare, yet they haven't paid affiliates since March reported consumed bookings.

15 years and counting
    Welcome to LinkShare, Snowman!
    You seems to discover them but nothing is new. They have always been like that. It's even much much better than a few years ago, we have payment reports now and the money is sent (roughly) on time.
    Don't expect an answer from the LS employees acting as the merchant's AM. I gave up contacting them a long long time ago.
    You have an opportunity to tell them what's wrong, Steve Denton is sending a survey to affiliates.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    You have an opportunity to tell them what's wrong, Steve Denton is sending a survey to affiliates.
    I did the survey last week.

Do you think they will actually listen to the responses and take any remedial action?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Do you think they will actually listen to the responses and take any remedial action?
    Just hope the replies aren't sent to the same people who manage the Linkshare Managed Accounts.

At least they are consistent, I never got a reply from any of them, ever. I'm just curious if the merchants know they are paying for a "managed service" that is basically on autpilot, and auto-ignore.

ABW Ambassador
    I got about 30% through the survey and I got so disgusted with the way it was structured that I closed the browser. Then I responded to the email (substituting Denton's email address) telling him that I wasn't interested in completing a survey that provides only aggregate info. I want my issues addressed and I don't wish to remain anonymous. I also told him that their customer service is absolutely horrendous.

Ranae, please let affiliates know how we are to address issues with programs where Linkshare acts as the affiliate manager since they don't respond to emails.

15 years and counting
    No, but it will help them feel better thinking they did the right thing to ask. Last week I got one from Performics, too.
    It means their management is completly disconnectect of what is really going on and one of the reasons is their lack of affiliate support. They have no internal feedback.

ABW Ambassador
    Ranae, please let affiliates know how we are to address issues with programs where Linkshare acts as the affiliate manager since they don't respond to emails.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    What's Up With Linkshare Managed Merchants?
    Those are the worst managed programs in the industry.

ABW Ambassador
    Ranae, while I sincerely appreciate your intervention in getting my issues resolved, it doesn't help the community when you respond by PM rather than by posting here. There are serious issues with Linkshare managed programs and Linkshare customer service as evidenced by many posts. Affiliates deserve to have their issues addressed in a timely manner through the existing channels. That is not happening.

I received your PM while I was on the phone with someone from the Radisson affiliate team at Linkshare. She had just called me. I don't understand how Linkshare couldn't have received my email when I sent it to radisson_affiliates@linkshare.com and it did not bounce back to me. Others have commented that they never receive responses to their emails to Linkshare managed programs. So I have a VERY hard time believing that Linkshare is being honest with me.

I was told that Radisson's April payment was received by Linkshare on 7/11 and will be paid in the next check, yet SynergyAnalytics still shows Awaiting Payment. I asked why they are still a Premium Merchant since they are still past due. I was told that they have paid on time in the past so they are being given leeway. That's not acceptable. When a Premium Merchant no longer meets those qualifications, the Premium status should be removed until they are in compliance and then it can be reinstated.

Back to customer support in general, Linkshare causes affiliates to waste SO MUCH TIME by having to go through so much trouble to get simple issues addressed. Linkshare customer service is virtually non-existent through the established channels.

I didn't respond to your PM with the content of the email I sent because I forwarded that email to the person who called.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Only question I have for the LS staff is ...where do I send the physical click fee bill for the last 10,420 clicks with no sales? 80% of them came from Goldencan, and self made individual product showcase clicks.

I'll just assume their answer is to contact their insider Super scum bag forced cookie cannons, cart interlopers, Merchant diversion tactics, and BHO incentive popup partners. With all the CJ problems & similar players I still average a 23.00 EPA with less clicks.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Who knows if any of the LS higher-ups listen or care, but I made sure to mention on the survey when they asked for support comments, that I learned the only place I could get a response, let alone an answer, was at ABestWeb.

Thanks

they don't even respond to their own merchants... yesterday LS missed our conference call and have yet to respond in why they missed it. Although I have to say our previous account manager was great, even if it was LS. She was always reachable, she went above and beyond working with us, even took it upon herself to give us useful info/tips when we didn't even ask for them... Now we don't even hear from them, apparently not even at our scheduled conference calls. Way to go

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    I am new to the industry but absolutely amazed that Linkshare would not respond to threads like this.

Of course they have a captive audience with some of their merchants. But it would seem with the volume of traffic and business forum members drive that AM's that use Linkshare would grow tired of seeing that there is overall disgust at their partner network.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,
    We take the information that has been posted on this thread very seriously and our top management is aware of your concerns. We are investigating what happened here, and I am hoping to be able to share more with you about that in the coming weeks. The last thing we want is for any inquiry to go unaddressed, whether it is to LinkShare generally or to one of our teams who is managing a client’s program. We know that we are business partners and that we only succeed when you succeed.

Please remember that whenever you have specific issues like this, you can always send me a PM through ABW.

Ranae

I finally got a reply from that missed conference call:

"We wanted to follow up in regards to our call for yesterday. We left a voice message. Please call or e-mail us at your earliest convenience so we can reschedule."

Can't even give me a reason why they missed the call. Left a voice message?.. uh.. no you didn't, I received no voice message from LS. I was waiting by the phone the whole time, I doubt I would've missed the call.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Don't expect an answer from the LS employees acting as the merchant's AM. I gave up contacting them a long long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    Just hope the replies aren't sent to the same people who manage the Linkshare Managed Accounts.

At least they are consistent, I never got a reply from any of them, ever. I'm just curious if the merchants know they are paying for a "managed service" that is basically on autpilot, and auto-ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Those are the worst managed programs in the industry.
    From 7/19/07:
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Hi All,
    We take the information that has been posted on this thread very seriously and our top management is aware of your concerns. We are investigating what happened here, and I am hoping to be able to share more with you about that in the coming weeks. The last thing we want is for any inquiry to go unaddressed, whether it is to LinkShare generally or to one of our teams who is managing a client’s program. We know that we are business partners and that we only succeed when you succeed.
    Ranae, can we get an update?

Yep what he said.

ABW Ambassador
    If "top management" is aware of this problem, why does it continue to be ignored?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    If "top management" is aware of this problem, why does it continue to be ignored?
    They're busy learning conversational Latin.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    No wonder Synergy Analytics often rolls over and plays dead
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Linkshare est omnis divisa in partes tres.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Last Thursday morning I sent an email to radisson_affiliates@linkshare.com. Three business days later and still no response. There has been absolutely no improvement here. The response that was crafted for Ranae to post here was nothing but spin.

I want to hear what Steve Denton has to say about this.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Snowman,
    I will check with the Radisson team to see if they have your message. In the meantime, can you please PM me your issue and I will follow up with the team. We did look into your first inquiry and I know the Radisson team followed up with you.

Rather than sending a message to the email address, another option you have is to send the message through the LinkShare interface. Go to Your Accounts, select Compose from the Mail Center options, and then draft your message.

Ranae

ABW Ambassador
    At the same time I posted my message this morning, I sent an email to Ekat. Again, she said that my email to radisson_affiliates@linkshare.com was not received so my business email address is being filtered in your system. It is not bouncing back to me.

Ekat told me today that all email to radisson_affiliates@linkshare.com is forwarded to her personal email address. I have sent 3 separate emails to radisson_affiliates@linkshare.com from 3 different email addresses asking her to confirm receipt. She has only confirmed receipt from 1 of them which suggests that the other 2 have been filtered as well.

Since others have posted that they never receive responses from Linkshare employees when they email merchantname_affiliates@linkshare.com (a generic example), it would certainly seem that there is a major filtering problem on Linkshare's end. I would hope that you can escalate this issue with your IT dept.

Thank you for your help.

ABW Ambassador
    Ekat has now confirmed that the three emails that I sent to radisson_affiliates@linkshare.com from my three different email addresses were all received; however, the email from my primary business email address is still not being received.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread