ABW Ambassador
    All --

There are a few of us in the chat room now, I thought it would be nice to have a Sunday night chat tonight at the chat server:

irc server: irc.beyondirc.net
    room: #abestweb

Also, I've setup a temporary JAVA IRC web gateway if you don't want to download, install and configure mIRC.

Just go to: http://www.candlepeople.com/java/

Haiko - if you want my registered copy of jIRC, let me know, I can provide you the license key I bought and I'll stop using it on my own server.

Andrew

Andrew Edmond
    CandlePeople Affiliate Manager
    http://www.candlepeople.com

I thought these chats were banned from abw. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Happy New Year!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Heyder,

Haiko would be in a better position to answer that than I [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I spoke to him about all this and he was hesistant due to some abuse problems in the past. I told him I would try to find a way to curb those abuses.

In fact, the server we are using has highly configurable controls to stop fraud, nickname abuse, identity cloaking and has behavior controls aplenty.

Each user is advised to register their nickname (since we are on a smaller international server) which will stop ALL nickname theft or identity fraud. If any users come in that are not civil, they will be banned from the chatroom, and if that is not enough, we can ban them from coming to the server at all.

However, right now there are 7 or 8 users in the chat and we'd sure like to see more. Stop on by!

http://www.candlepeople.com/java/ (temporary java chat location)

or you can login with mIRC at irc.beyondirc.net in room #abestweb.

See ya!

Andrew Edmond

ABW Ambassador
    "I thought these chats were banned from abw."

Chats banned? What are you talking about. If people here want to chat with each other and go make a chat room somewhere it's nobodys business.

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

[This message was edited by TrustNo1 on December 29, 2002 at 11:03 PM.]

[This message was edited by TrustNo1 on December 29, 2002 at 11:04 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Here we go again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

ABW Ambassador
    Quite contraire! Tonight has been a great chat night. We've had over 25 people stop by (at max 8 at a time) discussing google, page ranking, affiliate programs, fraud, parasites and much more.

It's been a good success and is still going on.

http://www.candlepeople.com/java/

Stop on by!

Andrew Edmond

Well, it was fun but it kicked me out

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

I tried getting into the IRC chat room last night...but the mIRC software crashed my computer, and I lost my TCP/IP protocol to be able to connect to the internet. Worked all day to get it back in order. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Carpe Noctem (Seize the Night)

ssanf try again.
    Whatever happened to you wouldn't let me in either but seems to have stopped.
    I am in now.

Game on!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Popdawg, there was an attack on the network, they restored it real quick, everything is back in order [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Dragon Dame - use the web chat at http://www.candlepeople.com/java/ you can log in and join the chat without installing any software.

We got a high of 13 users tonight, a total of 35 ABWers stopped by! Awesome turnout all!

Maybe next week?

Andrew

Andrew Edmond

No I think it's great that everyone is chatting. If you studied up on past posts you would know a lot more about what I'm talking about. I have nothing against it at all.

There were things that happened as mentioned earlier and I was under the impression that no one was supposed to post links to private chatrooms. I'm only doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If people here want to chat with each other and go make a chat room somewhere it's nobodys business. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I completely agree but on who's dime will these chats be advertised?

I wasn't born an A-hole like a lot of people seem to think.

Happy New Year!!!

[This message was edited by Heyderâ„¢ on December 30, 2002 at 12:42 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Heyder i can understand that point. The thing is we wouldn't have to go anywhere else if we had chat here. I think that would be great for registered users. Real time chat is a great idea. Maybe in the future??

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

well hopefully sooner than later [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Happy New Year!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I wasn't born an A-hole like a lot of people seem to think <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> How long did it take you to learn how to be one Heyder? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ROTFLOL, best laugh I've had all day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wasn't born an A-hole like a lot of people seem to think
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long did it take you to learn how to be one Heyder? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking of offering that as a downloadable course. I am sure I can find an expert to write the book at small cost. What do you think is a fair price for the course?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    I like the idea of a chat and have always supported the idea...at least for an OFFICIAL ABW chat. As much fun as the previous chats were, there were some serious issues that truly need to be addressed...there was also a lot of fall-out from those chats, some that ended friendships. I believe many things need to be worked out to avoid something like that happening again.

I won't mention specifics, but those of you in previous chats know the incidents that I'm referring to.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

28 years G-man [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Happy New Year!!!

I would suggest a different program for the chat. The one we used last night was not completely user friendly. For example, it would not let me use a number 7 in my username. Second, it had lots of extranious information on the screen everytime someone logged on. Third, especially with all that extranious info, it was hard to keep up when there was mor than six people on the chat. Fourth, it logged nearly everyone off at one point while I was on.

I'd suggest a program like ParaChat. It's being used at another affiliate board and is pretty smooth. Of course, you get more than six people on any board and it might be hard to keep up. Wish we could find one that had a bigger view screen.

Just my two cents for when Haiko opens the official chat room. The one last night was a good trial run.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread