Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Google having system wide hiccup right now
    Just wanted to share that I was just setting up a new ppc campaign on Google and when I attempted to activate the account after providing credit card info, got this message:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to process your request at this time. Our engineers have been notified of this problem and will work to resolve it."

I called G, and the rep said that engineering is aware of the problem, that it started today, and that they are working to resolve it quickly. So if you have tried or are trying to set up a Google PPC account today, you may want to give it a few hours in order for engineering to correct the hiccup.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

That's neither new nor rare; I've seen that error message many dozens of times, perhaps hundreds.

I get that message quite frequently (for several months, at least), usually when submitting keyword bid changes using Google's online forms. It seems essentially random, and I think it always "bumps" me back to the campaign-level page (with the list of ad groups), or if I was editing a campaign, it might bump me back to the main account page with the list of campaigns.

Of course, it's frustrating to trigger that error, because it usually happens when I've made many bid adjustments on a single screen, and then I have to repeat that work again. The cumulative effect of this experience has led me to submit shorter lists of changes more frequently, and to prefer using the AdWords Editor instead of the "Tools" functions.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Yes, I realize it's not new or rare, but I wanted to alert my neighbors that it is happening right now to save them a little time. I've gotten it before also, and like you said, the frustration is when you have a lengthy list of adgroups / KW's, and you want to launch and then the message comes up. But that's business and the little hiccups that go with it, offline and on.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread