WM and Windows Vista
    Has there been any reported problems with WM and Vista? I just got a new system with Vista installed and my uploads are incomplete. I will run WM with a 5000 item datafeed and only 3500 will actually upload (the percent of files varies this is just an example.) It is not always the same files either, I have tried the same setup several times (clearing out the destintation folder each time) and it will be different products and file count each time (some times 3000 upload other times 4000.) All of the feeds, templates and WM files are proven to work on my old XP system, the only new variable is the new computer with Vista.

Any similar problems?

The Windy City
    I've been using Webmerge with Vista for about 3 months and I've had absolutely no problems, everything worked exactly as it did in XP. If you're using WM to complete the file transfer to your server maybe it's possible that there's a timeout occurring before the transfer completes. You may have to check your Vista settings to isolate the problem.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I haven't had any issues with Vista at all (imagine my surprise) so I couldn't begin to tell you where to look.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Affiliate Manager
    Los Angeles, California
    Version 2.5 is in the works, which will provide enhanced support for Windows Vista. But these changes are mostly cosmetic; the current version functions well in Vista as it does in XP, 2000, ME and even Win 98.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread