Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    PPC Term Research
    When I was at AS East I thought I heard someone say that there were tools were you could see what terms other top sites in your niche were bidding on and how much they were bidding.

Is that true? Can anyone point me in the right direction for more research?

Thanks!!!!!

Hi VOM

I remember that talk, that software Amit mentioned was called keycompete.com.
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

Thanks. I am checking them out. I saw that they charge for reports. Anyone know if that's over and above the subscription cost? I asked them that in an email so I will report back what they say if no one has answered by then : )

Their signup page says 10 "watch reports" are included with the subscription.

I tried a 1-day trial a few months ago and found the service to be moderately useful, but not something for which I'd pay the ongoing subscription fee.

What did the Watch Report contain?

I sent them an email early yesterday and did not get a response yet.

I could not tell from the website whether you paid extra for those over and above the annual subscription fee either????

I signed up for a one-day trial. I wasn't very impressed. I had emailed them (with a similar question to the one visitourmall had) and never got a response. I tried to run a Competitor report (about a dozen times over several hours) and it kept timing out. I did download a couple dozen keyword lists, but I'm going to need to spend quite a bit of time weeding out the bad keywords, finding appropriate landing pages, etc. My competitors are bidding on a ton of really general keywords and bad keywords that I have excluded through negative keywords. (I guess that's a good thing for me!)

It'll definitely be worth the price of the one day trial for me, but not something I plan on using on an ongoing basis.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    I still like spyfu dot com

it shows what your competitors are bidding on with some of there top keywords.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Any other opinions on Spyfu?? Like it? Hate it? Luke warm??

Thanks!!!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by visitourmall
    Any other opinions on Spyfu?? Like it? Hate it? Luke warm??
    Since you asked... who needs it. Following my competitors around with little tools that pretend to know how it's all happening... there's more to ppc than identifying a keyword. And there's no way they can know the bids being used - and they change frequently as people make adjustments - and where they are may likely not be very relevant to where yours should be (everyone's not on the same margin plan, holds the same financial goals and/or matching cash flow timing and capacity as everyone else). Further, I've seen enough bad competitors, I'm not sure there's any value in knowing their bid details even if I could get them.

I think this kind of thing is a waste of time, but it's just my opinion of course.

Donuts, I have not been here long but man I love the way you get to the point. Better yet I really enjoy reading what you have to say. You are an obvious top notch resource around here who has more to offer than you could possibly get. Appreciate that!

ABW Ambassador
    Donuts - great point(s). I had similar conclusions on these tools and I hardly used them for more than couple of minutes to find that out

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread