Can someone recommend an online payment service? I want to take payments on my Scripts site but I don't want to use paypal.

Any recommendations?

TIA

Chris

----------------------------
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Coming soon
    Featuring datafeed import scripts for Art.com, Coldwater Creek, OverStock.com, Buy.com, TigerDirect and more.....
    Send me a Private Message for more information.

I used to accept payments using Billpoint on Ebay. I had no complaints with them. However, Ebay just dropped them recently. Don't know what the deal is with that.

Steve

I use paysystems.com succesfully

2checkout.com!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

2checkout looks promising. Anyone else?

Haiko, did you see the pm?

Chris

----------------------------
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Coming soon
    Featuring datafeed import scripts for Art.com, Coldwater Creek, OverStock.com, Buy.com, TigerDirect and more.....
    Send me a Private Message for more information.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steveinid:
    I used to accept payments using Billpoint on Ebay. I had no complaints with them. However, Ebay just dropped them recently. Don't know what the deal is with that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The deal is they bought PayPal.

ABW Ambassador
    It depends on the volume of business you do. Simple solutions like 2checkout work for low volume, but if you do over $6-700 a month, you will save money by going with a dedicated processor.

Before trusting 2checkout with a penny, I would go to webhostingtalk.com and search on 2checkout. You will find many, many, many, many, many unhappy people.

We will no longer use them. They lost payments, but said they took the money (so we have to ask our customers stupid questions) but cannot produce a report showing the payments, and they are not on our total. So while they may or may not have collected the money, we never saw it.

They now hold a percentage of your money for up to 6 months. Your customers are no longer your customers, they are 2checkouts - you only sell items to 2checkout, not to the end customer.

How is this for scary. I asked them for a report showing for a one month period - for recurring charges - which of my customers did you sucessfully bill and when (they stopped sending reports at one point and had a 100% fail to bill rate for a week). I was told they were unable to produce such a report. We dropped them that day.

It is pretty clear visa/mastercard don't like 3rd party processors and are creating rules to hurt that industry. Add to that 2checkouts stumbles, and bumbles - still waiting 2+months for 3 trouble tickets, I can no longer suggest 2checkout. We used to be happy with them, but that is over.

Chet

It's not my field of expertise, but I do business regularly with a website that utilizes Jumbomall.com. I had never a problem with them so I assume, that it works [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

The URL to their service is
    http://www.jumbostore.com

Just FYI. I am not affiliated with them nor use their service. I just thought, that it might be another option.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

ABW Ambassador
    I almost went with 2checkout after they came highly recommended here, but after they denied my perfectly good credit card (seems common w/ them and credit union issued cards) and after taking a while to get to support tickets just to give me poor excuses, I started looking elsewhere.
    Check out PaySystems.com. They've done everything to make the process as painless as possible, but I am still waiting for my acct. to be set up. I decided to mail my information rather than fax, for security reasons, and my info still hasn't made it to Quebec yet. I'm thinking that I might as well fax my info, just so I can be up and runnning by tonight.

Supras | Celicas

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread