Datafeed access question
    I applied to a merchant at CJ and was told I could have access to a datafeed which was updated nightly.

The merchant nor CJ sent me information on how to access the datafeed. I asked the merchant and they said to post a question here.

Here is the questions. How can I get access to a merchant datafeed on the CJ system. Please advise.

Best Regards,
    Doug

ABW Ambassador
    That is weird.

CJ should get you datafeed or webservices API access (may be available only for affiliates with some performance criteria .. not sure about it).

Even a merchant could offer a datafeed on their own if they want

Why would a merchant advise you to post here and be so clueless

How can I get access to a merchant datafeed on the CJ system. Please advise.
    Log in to your CJ account. Click on "Contact Us". In the pop-up click on "Ask A question".

There's a drop down box in the pop-up and select "data transfer publishers" and then I think something like "data transfer requests"

Enter your question / request in the text box. Include merchants name too.

From what I've read here at ABW, CJ will charge you $200 for data feed access, unless you make monthly sales of $10000 or above. Depending on your CJ sales data ask about it in your question.

Once you are set up they will send you a bunch of info about how to access feeds. You can choose up to 5 feeds to begin with. I see new feeds only once per week,and not sure if daily feeds occur or not.

I found CJ employees very helpful with this, so once you commit, they'll set you up easily. It takes a little patience waiting for your first feeds.

Exactly. CJ prefers to track everything via written communication in the CJ interface probably to hold both parties accountable for what was asked and how the issues were resolved. You can also attach items, i.e. a page with links that you want to make sure are tracking correctly or a data feed.

Using the "Contact Us" / Ask a Question does get a pretty a good turn around rate. Usually my questions are answered within 24-48 hours. Sometimes sooner and that was when I was both a publisher and now an advertiser.

If you find the need to call, #800.761.1072. Just follow the prompts.

I believe you can choose how to receive the feed whether it be via the interface, FTP, email, all three, etc... Again, ask for the world and see what they can do!

Good Luck!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_jones
    From what I've read here at ABW, CJ will charge you $200 for data feed access, unless you make monthly sales of $10000 or above.
    Can anyone tell me if this is a one time charge?

Yes, this is a one time $200 fee. Once paid, you have access to ALL merchant product feeds in the CJ network.

Worth it to some, but not to others until they turn a buck or two.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by kmacbc
    Yes, this is a one time $200 fee. Once paid, you have access to ALL merchant product feeds in the CJ network.
    Sounds like a good investment. Thanks for the info.

Another question - are larger company feeds updated daily - say Buy.com or Apple.com?

I can't speak for them, but I would think that merchants (both big and small) tend to keep their inventory as up to date as they can. So yes, a nightly push is probable. If the company prefers to make only certain products available to affiliates, then some manual manipultion may be completed on their end. The end product you see is hopefully as up to date as it can be to help you avoid the risk of promoting an out of stock or discontinued product. But again, best to contact the affiliate manager(s) to confirm their logic behind their feeds.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread