View Poll Results: Which would you rather promote?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • CPS

0 0%
  • CPL + CPS

11 100.00%
  • other (please post to explain)

0 0%
  • none (please post to elaborate)

0 0%
    Question CPS or CPL + CPS ?
    Guys (and gals, of course),

I would highly appreciate your opinion on this one:

I have a client who is an authorized Dish Network retailer. They are selling their service (installation) in two ways (on two separate websites) now: (1) straight one-page website with a form that is filled out by a prospect, agreeing to get everything installed, and (2) a preliminary short form (name, address, phone number, e-mail), followed up by an installation request form.

Should you have time to get into this, which one would you be more comfortable (or interested in) promoting: the first one with a straight CPS payout of $130 or so per sale, or the latter one with a CPL payout of $7 + an additional CPS payout of $130 if they do decide to fill out the second form after the shorter one?

Many thanks in advance for your votes and/or comments.

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    One form should be good with payout $130 + $7 = $137 offered

Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    One form should be good with payout $130 + $7 = $137 offered
    If life was only so simple..

I got your PM, oziman. Thank you. Will reply within 24 hrs.

Geno

As long as the second form isn't asking for information submitted in the first form, I would prefer to get the extra $7 for everyone that buys, and the $7 for everyone who doesn't is nice candy as well.
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Thank you, Chris.

Would appreciate more votes, folks!

Thanks,

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Should you have time to get into this, which one would you be more comfortable (or interested in) promoting: the first one with a straight CPS payout of $130 or so per sale, or the latter one with a CPL payout of $7 + an additional CPS payout of $130 if they do decide to fill out the second form after the shorter one?
    Dish Network installation and service requires a different sales method than the method of selling shoes.

Your first example requires more up front information plus the sale (a "big" commitment) in order to get the "CPS payout."

Dish Network installation & service reminds me somewhat of time sharing in the way that the selling process goes more smoothly with a "give and take" [attitude/process in terms of contact/contract] plus additional information. People want to to find out about the service and then think it over (there could always be a bonus for the customer if the customer agrees within a certain time period). The short form comes across as a casual contact; it is appealing to the customer.

Write up the "follow up" with some type of deal (even a minor one) in order to make the customer really want to follow up and close the deal.

The affiliate would have a better chance at CPL payout of $7 + an additional CPS payout of $130. The preliminary short form would most likely not ask for all of the information as opposed to what would be required from the first; customers are more likely to fill out a short form with a name, address, phone & e-mail. This gives your customer a chance to "think it over" [this will have the added benefit of making your customer feel as if he/she/they made an intelligent choice in handling the transaction] and then complete the remaining details of the installation request form.

Whereas in the first example, it may be difficult to sign a complete sale immediately. "Straight CPS" is asking for everything up front whereas the "CPL payout of $7 + an additional CPS payout of $130" allows the affiliate to be paid for making the contact regardless of whether the household signs on for the service or not.
    Last edited by Rhia7; July 19th, 2007 at 07:14 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Thank you, Rhia. Seems that most other voters feel the same. 100% votes are now for the CPL+CPS scheme...

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread