ABW Ambassador
    Where Are the Messers?
    Anyone know what Steve and Heidi Messer are doing these days? For those who don't know, they were the brother and sister founders of Linkshare. They sold Linkshare to Rakuten two years ago and left the company in early 2006.

I have no idea where they are but, after those two years, it is apparent that they weren't the problem at Linkshare.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I always had a lot of respect for Steve who seems to have an ethical core and moral compass. Problem always was Linkshare believed they were just a Doubleclick with a sales reporting hook. Therefore the management advertising mindset just considered sales as an accidental result of mass blasting cookied Ads at EyeBalls. Then came the BHO enabling and resulting infestation tricks of the cookie/commission hijackers.

Steve probably blesses the day He exited Linkshare with it's mixed life choices message. I doubt He'd invest the buyout money in a parallel Ad industry related venture. LOL... he probably bought a Bread & Breakfast joint and waits hand and foot on guests doing penance for the LS years.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I don't know where he went or where he's going, but if he needs a handbasket to get there, I'll happily provide one. And I'll throw in one for Heidi, too.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Bay
    I have no idea where they are but, after those two years, it is apparent that they weren't the problem at Linkshare.
    I beg to differ. It was time for them to leave.
    Denton put a stop to all their crazy ATHENA snafu. The Messers had in mind to change the links, to stop the old reporting...
    They are just slowly recovering from the mess left by the Messers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    They are just slowly recovering from the mess left by the Messers.
    Apparently, too slowly. You'd think in two years, they'd at least fix some basic usability problems or make the thing run a little faster. If it weren't for LS's sales people to sign up desirable merchants, they'd be off my list in a snap.

15 years and counting
    I've always had a mixed feeling with linkShare. Took them 4 years to offer us the first (basic) payment report. We were in the dark before that. They had no deactivated list of merchants (I lost a fortune promoting dead merchants, yes, the links were working)
    Since the clever guy who wrote their software left they are unable to do even a simple modification. (and it's maybe the best for us)
    I agree the Messer have managed to sign up the most desirable merchants. That's their strong point.

Steve is on facebook. If you have a profile, make him your friend and find out, hehe!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I thought you were asking about my kids. I have 5 "messers" currently "messing" things up in our home right now!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread