I posted this question on the Amazon Board, but no one has gone in there lately to see it...so I thought I would try to get an answer here. I am creating a book page on my site, and Amazon offers you a choice of easy links, standard text links, and quick links. I have already heard from the board about easy links, and I agree that they are burdensome on the site owner.

Amazon claims that I can make higher referral fees if I use the quick links instead of the text links.I don't know if Amazon treats them the same, but the quick links have a 24 hour cookie on them...and I don't know if I would loose the sale if my customer ventures away from the original product page. Can anyone tell me which link is better to use? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Carpe Noctem (Seize the Night)

I don't have an answer to your question..but I saw that you are from Tennessee and wanted to say howdy!
    Nice day here in East TN. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Bill
    I will see it when I believe it.

Howdy there, Bill! Kind of cloudy and rainy here at the moment. I can't seem to find anyone to answer my question...and I need an answer to go ahead and build my pages.

I am glad to see another Tennesseean on the board.
    Maybe we southerners can lighten the mood here once in a while [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Carpe Noctem (Seize the Night)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Can anyone tell me which link is better to use? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We use standard text links.

Works for us. But then we think that Amazon has always been a 5% program.

CodeJockey.

I'm pretty sure Amazon treats all your customers the same, once you get them in the door. Same cookies, same percentages, etc.

But if they go in some doors they may be more likely to buy, or more likely to buy immediately (giving you 15% sometimes) rather than your standard commission.

Different people report different results, so try things for yourself.

I just use the "standard" text links, and I do fairly well with them. I don't want to have to go back and change things when they change the rules, so it's simpler for me that way.

I have used both their builder links and their already boxed, and the hits on both have been good.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread