Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Eddie Izzard killed our TV
    He did, he really did!

One minute he was cracking wise on DVD, the next minute the TV screen went black and the stupid thing kept trying to IPL itself but failing (click-on, click-off, click-on, etc.)

So I'm quite peeved with Mr. Izzard at the moment and was wondering if you guys can recommend a digital TV set. Either that or can anyone do repairs on a JVC television?

Eddie Izzard owes me for a new TV.

I spoke to the local JVC repair company and was told that (based on the description I provided of the TV's behavior post-meltdown) it's a short. Which will cost at minimum $160 (if it's a wire) or $300 to $400 (if it's a circuit board.) That doesn't include the $75 fee to come to the house to repair it. (This is a humongous TV that would be a horror show to get into the car ourselves.)

It's an 11 year old TV. The picture is great now but who knows how much longer the picture tube will last. I'm lobbying to buy a new TV (digital, flat-screen) and hubby is inclined to repair the JVC. What would you do? Can anyone recommend a place (online or box store) to get the best price on a new TV? Something in the 32-35" range.

And I'm bummed coz I love Eddie Izzard and I didn't get to see the whole show last night.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    I would ditch it. I cant see putting that much money in an old TV. Its picture is probably bad and dark you just havent noticed it going bad slowly.

Even a cheap 27 or 29" CRT would be better than that repair bill.

BTW Who the heck is Eddie Izzard? Should I search him?

OK I looked him up. Here is a video clip area:

http://www.eddieizzard.com/thingie_things/video.izz

ABW Ambassador
    I would get a new one. Sometimes it's time to put the old ones to rest. That was just your old TV's way of telling you just to let them be. Word is if you fix it, it's going to happen soon again.

Hmmm. So far it's two votes for a new TV and no votes to repair the existing TV. That's good.

andbeyond, Eddie Izzard is an actor, standup comic and an Action Transvestite. He makes me laugh so hard that I turn purple. Only two other people have ever done that: my husband and Richard Jeni (and he killed himself). But check Eddie out. He's a one-off.

Eddie Izzard

I must correct you, Rhea. He's an EXECUTIVE transvestite. I haven't caught his new tv show, but I do have three of his dvds sitting next to my tv right now. If Eddie truly did break your tv, I hope the close proximity of his dvds doesn't break ours.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Affiliate Manager Ryan-Pets Warehouse's Avatar
    Talking
    To my understanding, he is a straight man that just likes to dress like a woman at times, much like some of my family members

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Get a new one!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Aha! You're half wrong and half right, Ms. Muffin. He is both an Action Transvestite and an Executive Transvestite. He's also really cute!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Aha! You're half wrong and half right, Ms. Muffin. He is both an Action Transvestite and an Executive Transvestite. He's also really cute!!!
    Wasn't he the guy blown up in a WWE limo?

Anyway, get a new one. Depending on where you live, might cost $0.50 per pound to throw the old one away. If you buy a new one, have it delivered and make them promise to take the old one away before paying for it.

I stand corrected. Have you played with Eddie's Sexie Fridge on his website? It's in the Thingie-Things section. Hubby and I were amused for quite a while. Ho-d-d-d-d-d..
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

Get a new one - in a year or two anything but a digital tv will be having trouble because the FCC is selling the analog (old tv) television frequencies to the 'I need more cell phones' folks and going all digital

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan-Pets Warehouse
    To my understanding, he is a straight man that just likes to dress like a woman at times, much like some of my family members

I've seen Eddie in a couple of interviews and he usually claims he doesn't wear womans clothes, he only wears his own clothes. He does own some nice frocks.

Soooo...yesterday we went to Best Buy and bought a 32" Samsung with 7000:1 something-or-other and 720 the-other-thing. Hubby was so happy! I hate that it cost so much money but I have to say the picture quality is amazing and it sure is a pretty thing. For a TV.

Thanks for the advice, kiddies. I can always count on you to tell me to spend money.

Soooo...yesterday we went to Best Buy and bought a 32" Samsung with 7000:1 something-or-other and 720 the-other-thing. Hubby was so happy! I hate that it cost so much money but I have to say the picture quality is amazing and it sure is a pretty thing. For a TV.

Thanks for the advice, kiddies. I can always count on you to tell me to spend money.
    How weird... I was at Best Buy yesterday looking at 32" Samsungs too. However, my checking account vetoed the purchase. Maybe in a month or so. I did, however, pick up a snazzy new photo printer, so the trip wasn't completely wasted.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar

Enjoy that beast!

Thanks for the advice, kiddies. I can always count on you to tell me to spend money. [/QUOTE]

Heh heh heh ... anyone who has shopped with me knows better than to ask if they *should* buy something. I always say ABSOLUTELY! That's what money's for ... to BUY things! And look how happy it made you. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Damn.

The Mets don't play any better in HDTV then they did on our old TV.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    You need to upgrade your team, like you upgraded your TV... Flame suit on...

You realize, of course, this means war?

Break out the trebuchet. That flame suit can't help you now. Oh, and don't plan on watching the World Series at my house. Get your own damn HDTV.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread