Generic type-in domain - what's best?
    With a generic domain name that is a specific type of product/product line (not a TM) that gets good 100% type-in traffic, what is the best option for monetizing?

Is it OK to use name forwarding with an affiliate code?
    OR
    A one page simple lander that has an image and a "Enter" button with the affiliate code?
    OR
    Try to build a product showcase with datafeeds?
    OR
    ?????????????????

CPA Network Rep
    TLDnetworks,

I would suggest that you do an A/B split test. One with a landing page with AdSense and the other re-directing the name to a parking program such as TrafficClub.com (which has multiple feeds). This way you can get a good benchmark of the performance and how well you monetized.

-=Chipmunk=-
    [B]Matthew "Chipmunk" Sclier[/B]
    Affiliate Relations Manager
    [B]E-Mail:[/B] [email=matthew@leadflash.com]matthew@leadflash.com[/email]
    [B]Phone:[/B] (561) 499-3329 ext.126
    [B]AIM/Y!:[/B] ChipmunkLF l [B]ICQ: [/B] 48437188
    [URL=http://www.leadflash.com/855122D5-967E-4CAD-AE2B-F56DD265219C/refer.aspx]LeadFlash.com[/URL]: 100% Exclusive Cash Advance Offers

Quote Originally Posted by TLDnetworks
    Is it OK to use name forwarding with an affiliate code?
    I wouldn't think so. That is, I don't like that idea much at all. The landing page with an affiliate link is just fine, but this seems too close to cookie stuffing for me to be comfortable with it.

I like the A / B test. Run the test for a couple of months and see which generates more revenue. By having a landing page you'll add value to the merchant and won't be condemned in affiliate circles.
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by chipmunk
    TLDnetworks,

I would suggest that you do an A/B split test. One with a landing page with AdSense and the other re-directing the name to a parking program such as TrafficClub.com (which has multiple feeds). This way you can get a good benchmark of the performance and how well you monetized.

-=Chipmunk=-
    Thanks Chipmunk.
    I've had it parked, and it does generate revenue. However, because it's targeted traffic I want to get the affiliate process going so that instead of $.13 for a click I would get a % of sale which should be significantly higher.

Quote Originally Posted by cbsturg
    I wouldn't think so. That is, I don't like that idea much at all. The landing page with an affiliate link is just fine, but this seems too close to cookie stuffing for me to be comfortable with it.
    Thanks cbsturg.
    Not sure I understand this. Can you elaborate on the redirect as related to "cookie stuffing" because I have never heard that before. Aside from the double click, how is it different?

Can someone provide a link via PM to a landing page such as this?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread