Starting Logo Design Affiliate Program, need advice.
    ATTENTION ABESTWEB ADMIN: This is not an attempt to spam or advertise this program, the program is actually not yet live, and the links to registration do not work, I just need some advice on how to go about jumpstarting it. Thanks in advance. George

Hi all,
    I own a fairly successful logo design company, we're not the biggest online logo design company but we get a fair share of the market, and we have been growing in leaps and bounds every month.

We have been advertising very extensively on Adwords, Yahoo, MSN and Business.com, and I feel that we now need to move into the affiliate program arena, as we can handle as much work as we can get.

We have setup an account with ShareASale, and have created an affiliate section of our site. The ShareASale account is getting activated sometime in the nex 24 houts and I was hoping to get some advice.

My questions are as follows:

How do I find people that would be interested in affiliating with a logo design company? I really believe that we have something to offer them, as we are a real company, with a high conversion rate, competive pricing and a website carefully designed to make sales. I just don't know where we should be advertising our affiliate program, our how to go about telling people about it.

And 2: Please go and look at the terms that we have set for the program, as well as the copy on the affiliate landing page, and let me know what I can do to make it more pleasing to affiliates. I can't raise the comission to much above 20%, as it then begins to really cut into our profit margin, but I could make the cookies never expire, or set the second tier referrals to 10%, I really want to make it as attractive to the affiliates as possible.

Any advice would be REALLY appreciated, as I am completely new to this area.

Also, any advice about ShareASale? Pros, cons?

Thanks so much!
    George
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; July 19th, 2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Hey George, advice is free, links ain't ... ask for advice all you want.

A paid advertisement here on ABW would do you wonders. And drop the second tier commissions and add those commissions to the first tier affiliates.

Then, hire a quality OPM to manage your account.

As for ShareASale, best decision you've made yet...
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Very Cost Effective To Boost Sales paid advertisement here on ABW would do you wonders for your new site.

If your a newbie you will need to have an decent advertising budget

Quote Originally Posted by cbsturg
    A paid advertisement here on ABW would do you wonders. And drop the second tier commissions and add those commissions to the first tier affiliates.

Then, hire a quality OPM to manage your account.

As for ShareASale, best decision you've made yet...
    Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the advice, so are you saying to drop the 5% second tier and make the first tier 25%?

Any other advice? I can use all I can get..

Also, what is an OPM and what do they do - sorry, I did say I was new...

George

Definitely drop the second tier (read this thread and research others like it - http://forum.abestweb.com/search.php).

Outsourced Program Manager: a professional affiliate manager who can answer most of these questions and manage your affiliate program for you. You can typically find one for a set monthly fee plus an incentive bonus. If you don't have the time to spend learning the ins and outs of affiliate management, pay someone to run the program for you. They typically have years of experience gathering groups of loyal affiliates. Well worth the money if you ask me. I wanted to learn how to manage my own program, so I paid Geno to help me avoid the costliest of mistakes (he co-manages my program with me).

Otherwise, strap up and get ready for the ride. You'll make a lot of mistakes, but the best thing to do is just get in there and get dirty (Geno's book A Practical Guide to Affiliate Marketing is a must read).
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread