ABW Ambassador
    Google Missed the Expectations ...
    Google missed the expectations for Q2 and apparently the stock is crashing (lost over 40 points already)

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=goog

Reading the report here, their effective income tax rate is "Income Taxes - Our effective tax rate was 25.5% for the second quarter of 2007". Can anyone explain why their rate is so much lower for a California company (Yahoo had a 46% income tax rate for Q2)

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    Google missed the expectations for Q2 and apparently the stock is crashing (lost over 40 points already)

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=goog

Reading the report here, their effective income tax rate is "Income Taxes - Our effective tax rate was 25.5% for the second quarter of 2007". Can anyone explain why their rate is so much lower for a California company (Yahoo had a 46% income tax rate for Q2)
    What are you looking at?

I see a 91˘ loss today, but steady gains and a $100/share increase since March.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    What are you looking at?

I see a 91˘ loss today, but steady gains and a $100/share increase since March.

Look at the after hours quote. It is crashing after the report that came out (after hours)

ABW Ambassador
    Good.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    Look at the after hours quote. It is crashing after the report that came out (after hours)
    Ok, I see it. One more zero would be nice.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

At first I was looking for a short bridge to jump off but after taking a walk I realized tomorrow is a buying day

Sorry, we are experiencing an error loading the article you requested. Please hit "refresh" to try again. If the problem persists, try again later.
    I guess quite a few people are reading the same article. I'm surprised they missed their number. They've been skimming the hell out of my adsense account all month, should have got enough from that.

I really don't think may people will have any sympathy for them. I don't. I'm hoping for the biggest dot.gone story of the decade. Won't happen though, not yet.......

Expectations were $3.59/share profit...they got "only" $3.56/share. Miss by 1% and everyone starts selling?! The stock market is pretty silly sometimes.

Wall street is more concerned about how many new employees they have hired and the lack of growth. No growth scares the shit out of brokers.

The 40 points will be back by the end of the week or so after everyone takes a breather.

ABW Ambassador
    The premise for the valuation was growth and expectations for beating the numbers handsomely. That was the reason it added almost $100 to the price.

Now that the reality is in stark contrast to high expectations (so the high price), it is possible the stock will cave in for some time (at least roll back that $100 it gained recently).. That may not happen tomorrow but over the next few weeks if you take into consideration some insider and employee selling that will happen after any earnings release (as the insider selling window opens).

But in the long term, Google will be great in my opinion. It is not like the dot com bubble era .. Google rakes in almost $1 billion every quarter to its bottom line.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Ouch, this drop will cost me plenty in the short term. But I'll be holding it for a long time too come - they continue to expand into new areas and take more share in their existing areas. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Wall street is more concerned about how many new employees they have hired and the lack of growth. No growth scares the shit out of brokers.

The 40 points will be back by the end of the week or so after everyone takes a breather.
    I live in Seattle so I am tuned into this area pretty well. Has anyone else heard that Google has opened up shop in Seattle, and Kirkland, WA? Yes - hiring new employees etc. Geering up for more growth which will not reveal itself for a while probably.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread