ClixGalore still paying with credit card via PayPal
    This really does bug me. I'm not a merchant, and have no need to upgrade to a Premier or Business PayPal account. Except for 1 thing - ClixGalore.

If they paid me via their PayPal balance I can receive my commission for free.

But if they pay using their credit card (either they're broke or it's for frequent flyer points), I can only accept their payment 6 times a year, before having to upgrade my account, and then pay 2.4% on all other monies I receive, from anyone, even my mother! Even without upgrading I have to pay 3.4% just to receive my commission!

I think it's a bit selfish...
    [URL=http://ProxyGrader.com]ProxyGrader.com[/URL]
    How anonymous is your proxy?

Quote Originally Posted by enginez
    This really does bug me. I'm not a merchant, and have no need to upgrade to a Premier or Business PayPal account. Except for 1 thing - ClixGalore.

If they paid me via their PayPal balance I can receive my commission for free.

But if they pay using their credit card (either they're broke or it's for frequent flyer points), I can only accept their payment 6 times a year, before having to upgrade my account, and then pay 2.4% on all other monies I receive, from anyone, even my mother! Even without upgrading I have to pay 3.4% just to receive my commission!

I think it's a bit selfish...
    Clixgalore pay Australian affiliates by direct transfer into their bank account so I assume that you've selected to be paid by paypal even though you are in Australia.

The only reason I can think of for an Australian affiliate to choose to receive their Clixgalore commission by Paypal is to hide earnings from the taxman.

You could avoid all these paypal issues by giving Clixgalore your bank details - although maybe 3.4% paypal fees is a lot less than the 30%+ tax you should be paying.

Quote Originally Posted by AUS
    the 30%+ tax you should be paying.
    and probably do

I use PayPal because a lot of expenses (like hosting) are via PayPal and it is easier than trying to remember to upload money from my bank account.

PayPal is not a way of avoiding tax - you still need to receive the money into your bank account at some stage.

Once my 6 per year credits are used up in PayPal I'll be forced to use my bank account. My complaint is not one of lack of options, but rather the selfish way that they implement the PayPal option.
    [URL=http://ProxyGrader.com]ProxyGrader.com[/URL]
    How anonymous is your proxy?

Oh I get it, Clixgalore are selfish because they don't change their payment systems just to save you having to remember to put money in your paypal account to pay your bills.

Can't you just set your paypal to take the money from your credit card if you don't have enough in your paypal balance?

Quote Originally Posted by enginez
    PayPal is not a way of avoiding tax - you still need to receive the money into your bank account at some stage.
    Haven't you just said that you want to use the money in your paypal account instead of the money going through your bank account? OK as long as your paypal account appears on your balance sheet.

Anyway, regardless of how affiliates choose to conduct their banking etc, I'm just saying that it is a bit rude offering PayPal, but only in a way that unneccesarily causes the affiliate to pay fees.

>> I can only accept their payment 6 times a year

no i don't know paypal has this allowance.

In the past , the very first time CG sent money to me
    using Credit card direct transfer via Paypal.

Paypal forced me to upgrade my account to get the money, since then i have to lost several % of commission as paypal fee.

Sucks !

Not very certain if they are still sending money via Credit card direct transfer.

Who knows ??

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread