Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Got Dropped by Blockbuster
    I just got dropped by Blockbuster. I don't recall making any commisons from them anyway so no hard feelings.

We regret to inform you that Blockbuster Online has decided to deactivate your relationship and you are being removed from the affiliate program.

In an effort to better manage its brand and creative messaging, Blockbuster Online has decided to reduce the number of affiliates in its program in order to best leverage its brand and creative messaging. As part of the initiative, Blockbuster Online hopes to more closely align itself with a small group of publishers that best reflect the essence of the brand and directly reach its target consumer.

Please note that the decision to deactivate is not intended as disapproval of the quality or value of your Web site. Each DoubleClick Performics advertiser controls the number and type of publishers in its marketing program. Blockbuster Online considered many factors in this decision including but not limited to number of subscriptions, promotion of outdated or non-existent creative/offers, agreement violations and the number of similar brands promoted on a site.

Internet Cowboy
    That and Netflix are no doubt the most abused programs in the business. No big loss. I only wonder if the people at Blockbuster know what their trusted network partners are doing to their brand.

are they just trying to move affiliates over to azoogle or something?

I see those payouts sometimes and they're HUGE.

I got the same letter, yet it has been sent three different times. Sheesh I got it the first time. I don't need to be reminded daily.

I signed up but haven't had time to promote it. Guess that is another project I can take off the shelf. No big deal.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    yep here too and I even have a movie specific domain. Guess I'll just use their name to point to another movie place now

find it from other CPA networks

I'm another one. Oh well.
    [IMG]http://www.centsible.net/images/centsible28x196.bmp[/IMG]
    Making Cents of the Internet

Talking
    They are also closing some of their stores too.

They closed their store in Walmart here about a month ago.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Yeah, I've heard (and it makes perfect sense) that Blockbuster is in a pretty crucial time financially. Doesn't make alot of sense to reduce the affiliate program. Even more so as they will most likely have to be looking at closing B&M stores and concentrate on a dowloadable and completely online presence eventually.

You would think it would be time to beef up your affiliate campaign? Help those affiliates become active that haven't yet produced sales...
    [IMG]http://www.centsible.net/images/centsible28x196.bmp[/IMG]
    Making Cents of the Internet

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Keep those emails and when they try to contact you down the road send it to them. This best practices move to reduce programs to the Top 100 affiliates will be interesting to follow as an AM. They are taking the term Advertiser literally.

I got dropped to. Around the same time, the best links on azoogle expired, so I am a bit pissed off about it.

Has anyone tried to get back in?

They actually deactivated on Performics, they sent out an email about it.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Are they maybe switching networks?

Our Blockbuster commissions have been "canceled"
    On July 19th and 20th, we received two identical emails saying that we're dropped from blockbuster...same as above. (Still haven't received word that they're leaving Performix.) We were surprised since we had created about 40 new sign-ups for them after a few days of promotion in July, and we asked them to reconsider. We got a lame (albeit quick) response that this "was not a reflection on the quality of your site, the amount of traffic your site draws, or your capability and potential to generate sales." Lol. The bold/italics are mine, just to reinforce the comedy of the thought process.

And today, comedy gave way when we saw that $1500 worth of our June and July blockbuster commissions have been "canceled". ARGHHHhhhhh. Anyone else see the same thing?

-Sharon

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    After reading this thread I went back and looked at my Performics Blockbuster sales. I only had 5 signups in July, but 3 of those have now vanished. In over 3 years of dealing with Blockbuster, I have never had a commission reversed before. It makes you wonder if they are trying to skip out on their bill. Supposedly, they are only "temporarily" deactivated while they rework their program, but if they come back, I probably won't rejion them.

WifiOrDie, what percentage of your transactions were reversed?
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Cagles, Blockbuster reversed 47 of 50 orders for us. I'm wondering the same thing about them backing out on their bill. No response yet from an email we sent this morning. I've been bad about closely watching for things like merchants reversing orders, but guess I'll need to start checking.

Anybody else affected by this? You may want to check.

-Sharon

I show a ton of reversals for July, more than wifiordie, but only 25% of the reversals show $, the rest are $0.

On further inspection, most of my transactions show zeros (which used to be $33's or $28's), but in May, I even have a couple of 'negative' $33 transactions and lots of $0 transactions in May. Unreal. I'm awfully close to grabbing someone by the ear and telling their mother.

-Sharon

And FYI newestuser, none of mine are completely blank with just a dollar sign. Some of mine are $0.00, but the vast majority show $(0.00)...either of which is better than $(33.00).

oh, I meant, 25% show $33... nothing is just a dollar sign.

ABW Ambassador
    They are now at CJ. Moved it over to the CJ forum from the Performics forum since it seems there were some lingering issues with them.
    Last edited by Trust; December 18th, 2007 at 01:17 PM.

As far as I know they're at Performics as well still.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    They actually deactivated on Performics, they sent out an email about it.
    And I see them under the Deactivated Merchant List with a 2007-07-20 date. Which matches the first post and the date of the email.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    And I see them under the Deactivated Merchant List with a 2007-07-20 date. Which matches the first post and the date of the email.
    Indeed they did, but they came back recently, though possibly not publicly.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread