NBAStore links no longer working
    All of my NBAStore.com affilliate links have stopped working. I figured they must have made new ones and just not told anyone, so I logged into LinkShare and when to make more individual product links and they aren't working in the control panel either. Every single link is broken.

I e-mailed the NBAStore.com affiliate manager, no response. I called her, no answer..

Anyone else using the NBAStore.com program, and are you having the same issue?

I don't check the site that I use my NBAStore.com links on often, so there's no telling how long they've been broken, but I know they've been down for atleast five days now.

ABW Ambassador
    I checked the NBAStore Linkshare links on about five affiliate sites and they are all working. Are your other Linkshare links working?

You can determine when you stopped receiving impressions by checking the Link Type Report on Linkshare.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Ours work just fine too. Much wanna check your links and update them.

Actually, what I said isn't accurate. All of my links work, but every single one of them, individual product links included, all take me to the NBAStore homepage rather than the individual product or section it's supposed to.

Even when I try to make new ones in the control panel, text, image, or e-mail links, they all take me to the NBAStore homepage.

Every single link takes me to the homepage, new and old. I tried some old ones like all-star links, and some new ones like the San Antonio championship stuff. All takes me to the homepage.

ABW Ambassador
    Well, that's totally different than what you posted. This is a merchant issue, not a Linkshare issue. If the affiliate manager won't respond, there's nothing you can do about it.

Maybe the Linkshare Moderator can have Linkshare contact the merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Well, that's totally different than what you posted. This is a merchant issue, not a Linkshare issue. If the affiliate manager won't respond, there's nothing you can do about it.

Maybe the Linkshare Moderator can have Linkshare contact the merchant.
    Sorry about that, I was trying to do other things while I posted that.

And do you mean the Linkshare moderator of this forum? Or are there moderators for Linkshare? All I know is, LinkShare has the worst support ever, so I'd prefer not to go through them

ABW Ambassador
    I'm referring to the Linkshare Moderator of this forum. Linkshare's extremely poor customer service is well documented here and specifically addressed at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=92242

As a new ABW member, you do not have PM privileges so hopefully the Linkshare Moderator will address your concerns on this topic.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    KurtM,
    I talked to the LinkShare contact that works with the NBA Store and they are aware that some affiliates are having problems with links. They are working to resolve these issues.

Ranae

Thanks snowman and LS Mod, I really appreciate both of your responses.

Swtiching Sites?
    They probably did that because they were switching platforms. There is a new site up now. They likely had to put them all to the homepage in order to keep the links functioning during the switch...

Quote Originally Posted by KurtM
    Actually, what I said isn't accurate. All of my links work, but every single one of them, individual product links included, all take me to the NBAStore homepage rather than the individual product or section it's supposed to.

Even when I try to make new ones in the control panel, text, image, or e-mail links, they all take me to the NBAStore homepage.

Every single link takes me to the homepage, new and old. I tried some old ones like all-star links, and some new ones like the San Antonio championship stuff. All takes me to the homepage.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Africa07
    They probably did that because they were switching platforms. There is a new site up now. They likely had to put them all to the homepage in order to keep the links functioning during the switch...
    What is your affiliation with NBAStore.com?

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    What is your affiliation with NBAStore.com?
    Nothing yet. Just applied last week. New to this...used to do tech work. Does anyone know how long merchants typically take to respond once you apply? Should I assume I'm not accepted if they don't respond quickly?

ABW Ambassador
    Short answer: anywhere from immediately to never. From what's been posted here, it seems this program is poorly managed. There's no excuse for an affiliate manager to ignore their affiliates. I would email affiliates@thenbastore.com and ask what the status of your application is and post back here at the end of the week and let us know if you received a response.

Note to All NBAStore Affiliates: It would be a good idea to see if you are still getting sales reported as site re-designs have been known to negatively impact affiliate tracking and/or reporting. It's happened to me many times over the years and in my experience, merchants rarely acknowledge it publicly. A small test purchase might be in order.

NBAStore links no longer working
    Hi,

The individual product links are now landing on the product pages on NBAStore.com. Additionally, there are no other broken links. I am unsure of what you are talking about. Please email me at affiliates@nbastore.com to explain further. Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    lichtmanl, you've previously posted on ABW as a representative of GSI Commerce. What is your current affiliation? The NBA Store is not listed as a GSI Commerce client.

Based on postings on the GSI Commerce forum here at ABW and my personal experience, GSI Commerce reps are very poor in addressing affiliate matters.

UPDATE: This program is now being managed by GSI Commerce. http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=92504

Good luck to NBA Store affiliates. You'll need it.
    Last edited by Snowman; July 23rd, 2007 at 06:00 PM.

All of my links started working this morning for the first time in atleast a week. They launched a new design of their site today, so the observation that they were changing platforms was probably accurate.

Don't bother e-mailing affiliates@thenbastore.com with your problems, they don't answer.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Dear B

We regret to inform you that NBAStore.com has removed you from their
    Affiliate Program. Merchants may remove affiliates from their programs
    for many different reasons, including violation of legal terms, inactivity, changes in site content, etc. If you feel that you have been removed in error, or would like further clarification on why you were removed, please contact affiliates@thenbastore.com.

LinkShare manages hundreds of other affiliate programs. We encourage you to log in and find other programs with which you may want to partner.

Best,
    The NBAStore.com Team

Dear GSI...

A prior communication... ANY communication would have been...

what's a word that means

correct?

professional?

the right thing?

acceptable?

Gotta kill my afternoon swaping links. LOL! All the places I can swap them out to are also managed by GSI!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Just logged into Linkshare and saw:

NBAStore.com 0 4 0.00% 1 25.00% 2 0 2 2.00 74.98 0.00 0.00% 74.98 4.50 4.50 0.00 4.50 9.37 0.13 112.50

I guess the big money comes AFTER they kick you out of the program!! - LOLOL

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread