Thumbs up Good Morning :)
    Woohoo! Just had a nice AFF sale come through.

AT $250.62 it's not quite the $1000 lunker TFAW posted the other day, but still a nice sale to start the day. Put a smile on my face anyway!

You know who you are. Many thanks for all the hard work and the string of nice sales lately!
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Aww, no need for transaction envy here... It's all good!

Congrats to Eathan and affiliate!

-Dale
    Dale LaFountain, CIO, <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/">Things From Another World</a> - More Comics. More Toys. More Stuff. More FUN!
    14% base comm / up to 21.5% w/perf incent / 90 return days / parasite free / HUGE datafeed / <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/Help/Affiliate-Information___168?qt=abw">[b]Join[/b]</a>

Was actually pretty stoked to see that one come through for you. I still plan to get some of your links up when I finally get some time, so was nice to see the potential...
    Eathan Mertz

I'm ready when you are Eathan!

Hey, I didn't realize that we lived so close to each other. I'm in Tigard, just south of Portland.

Stay dry!

-Dale
    Dale LaFountain, CIO, <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/">Things From Another World</a> - More Comics. More Toys. More Stuff. More FUN!
    14% base comm / up to 21.5% w/perf incent / 90 return days / parasite free / HUGE datafeed / <a style="color:#c23015; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline;" href="http://www.tfaw.com/Help/Affiliate-Information___168?qt=abw">[b]Join[/b]</a>

Affiliate stuff is likely going to have to wait until the busy season comes to a close, but you're on our list.

Yep we're pretty close. Think I've even been to your shop once.

What is with this weather? It's July for the love of Mike!

Have a good one!
    Eathan Mertz

Congrats for that Eathan A commission like that always puts a smile on my face

Keep up the good work!

Ethan,

Looks like things are picking up over at BlackcatMining

Makes me wonder what's up in them thar hills -- Gold! Gold! Gold! was the Historic Banner back in 1848 wasn't it?

May you continue to prosper. Keep up your good work and products the inquiring miners want !

Jess
    Gold Prospector just Prospecting Sales! :coolsmile

Working on it... Added a bunch of new stuff to the feed, but need to do descriptions for a handful of products still. Also did a widget thing with specials of the month and new products. May eventually add video how-tos to the widget as well (thanks for the idea, purplebear).

Off dredging this weekend. Wish me luck.

You heading back out any time soon?
    Eathan Mertz

I'd like to be out this weekend, but my family is suffering a split this week. My wife and two teens are up your way for a conference. My web partner (son) is out for now and I miss his ideas.

We should share notes on the content side. My site needs a kick re-start soon. Just the same, all work and no play (dredge-fish-boat-photography-prospecting) makes me a dull boy.

Have a fun hunt and may the gold stuff fill your pan.

Jess

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    I want some sales like that......

Quote Originally Posted by sunshiner
    I want some sales like that......
    Join my programs.

Or...cough...mine...
    Eathan Mertz

Hey Ethan!

How was last weekend's "field testing" of all that Great New Prospecting gear you sell? Any new top sales affiliates this month?

AJ

Still cleaning up (using one of the new spiral panners), but so far the gold looks pretty good, much chunkier than I usually find up this way. Also found an old (100 years or so) prybar down on the bedrock from the old timers, and some nice course little chunks. Nothing huge, but good for the time I spent in the water. Best of all, 1/4 mile of the creek is now in the family, so I can keep working at my leisure and hopefully find a spot they didn't get to way back when.

Affiliate sales have been picking up, and I think the 30 day average is still over $100, but your $250 is still tops for a single sale. I don't think it'll last long though...

We're working on getting free shipping on orders over $200 built into the cart this week. We've had so many incompletes on highbankers from people who were just checking shipping rates, that I think we'll start closing many more of those as soon as this goes in. That'll be fun.

Have a few new items to add this week as well. Mostly small stuff, but two books of homemade equipment plans that should be really popular (one of the top search categories).

Best get to it. Hope all is going well for you on all your ventures!
    Eathan Mertz

You said 1/4 mile is in the family, Great!

I have a funny (Not) problem with some BLM claims adjacent to our Ranch. It seems the miner filing claims does not know he can't file a claim on private land. The BLM checked it and I checked with the local county recorder and sure enough we have a claim jump (of sorts). The Claim is valid for the BLM the description includes both north and south trespass into our property! BLM officer said "they cant do that!"

I want to make contact with the claim filer. It may prove useful to see what he knows about the area. I hope it was just a mistake. Right now I will need to file a trespass order against him. I figured I'd start small and assume it was a honest (and detailed?) mistake.

Maybe you can post a photo of your Gold finds !

I still have about 50 lbs of dredge concentrates to finish up from July.

Sincerely,
    AJ

PS. Let us know when the "Free shipping for orders over $200!" takes place. We'll place some flag reminders on the sites. A great idea, it ought to help conversions a lot. I noticed a fair amount of traffic around detectors too.

BTW.
    I saw a few more bigger sales go thru after the 250$ I'm getting ready for my son the ad-advisor to return from up your way today. They are at the airport ready to fly now. I pick them up in a few hours

Ethan,

Keep that old Iron stuff in a box or bucket. It looks like junk until you see a pile of it together, then you see the history. I have old oil flasks, shovels and rail spikes, a few sheets of metal with hand rivets, Picks & Prybars, etc. Starts looking a bit like a museum, wait it is a museum.

I also keep a log/map of what was found where too, of course including Gold, silver and Mystery metals & gems. The detector finds far more of that Iron stuff than Gold. I still dig most all of my targets (& refill holes.) But that Iron stuff points to old mining activity which points to Gold. Now there's a unique target for possible sales, how about basic mapping tools??? I don't see much of that covered with most gold sites. Hmmm...

You say the spiral panner is working for you. Are you getting much fine to super fine (flood) Gold?

AJ

PS. I hope some other affiliate takes up the challenge and beats the 250$ sale! Then the race will be on It's Good!

Quote Originally Posted by DoradoVista
    You said 1/4 mile is in the family, Great!
    Yep, my Dad moved out to the woods last year. Nice area and great views if you can handle the climb to the top of the property.

I have a funny (Not) problem with some BLM claims adjacent to our Ranch. It seems the miner filing claims does not know he can't file a claim on private land. The BLM checked it and I checked with the local county recorder and sure enough we have a claim jump (of sorts). The Claim is valid for the BLM the description includes both north and south trespass into our property! BLM officer said "they cant do that!"

I want to make contact with the claim filer. It may prove useful to see what he knows about the area. I hope it was just a mistake. Right now I will need to file a trespass order against him. I figured I'd start small and assume it was a honest (and detailed?) mistake.
    That's whacky! Hope you get in contact. They should be able to rewrite their claim description and re-file.

Maybe you can post a photo of your Gold finds !
    No pics from the last trip yet, but here's one from the first time I took it out. Small, but fun to find all the same...

I still have about 50 lbs of dredge concentrates to finish up from July.
    Like to see some pics when you do. You'll be putting some on your site, right?

[/quote]PS. Let us know when the "Free shipping for orders over $200!" takes place. We'll place some flag reminders on the sites. A great idea, it ought to help conversions a lot. I noticed a fair amount of traffic around detectors too.

BTW.
    I saw a few more bigger sales go thru after the 250$ I'm getting ready for my son the ad-advisor to return from up your way today. They are at the airport ready to fly now. I pick them up in a few hours [/QUOTE]
    The shipping thing should be done in the next week or two, then it's on to developing a proper coupon system...

Welcome the family home and then get cracking on a few more big sales!

BTW, I really like your idea on the mapping stuff. What sort of items would you suggest to cover that?

Cheers!
    Eathan Mertz

Quote Originally Posted by DoradoVista
    You say the spiral panner is working for you. Are you getting much fine to super fine (flood) Gold?
    Yep, seems to work well with even the real fine stuff. The first batch was classified down to 30 mesh, but I was catching much smaller. Just need to make slight adjustments with each size change.
    Eathan Mertz

My good friend Mr. Joshua Vick has a prospecting school "GoldFun" about 2 mi upstream from us.

We dropped in after a 4 hour class was cleaning up the 2 sluiceboxes. Not bad for 14 people in this class. One family came down from a week of dredging on the Yuba. They did not see anything like this while dredging (although you can if you know where to look.)

This is pretty typical for Wood's Creek. I have a few nuggets larger but most are about this size. I'm still sampling, Joshua is much better at prospecting than I. That's OK, one of the things about modern gold miners is they tend to be very willing to help others out.

Here's about 3/4 oz of AU in the pan from the 4 hour class. Note his favorite finishing pan is like your 10 inch economy model.

AJ
    Last edited by DoradoVista; August 3rd, 2007 at 01:54 AM.

Looks like a damn nice haul!

Those 10" pans are the little black dress of prospecting.
    Eathan Mertz

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread