"extended" what does it really mean?
    Ok, I read the definition in the help section of CJ but I have doubts about that.

Recently, I noticed that an advertiser change the status of all the leads to "extended" on our account which I use with my partner. I contacted the advertiser about this and they said that they will no longer work with CJ after 26 July and that's why they changed the status to extended. I asked the advertiser if they will pay the leads, and they mentioned that they will pay all the leads. Now my question is: Why should an advertiser need to change the status of simple leads (they are not sales) to extended? Is it really to gain some more time to review the leads? It is not reasonable because they can review the leads right now as these are not sales, just double opt-in signups which doesn't require credit cards etc.

ABW Ambassador
    Who is the advertiser?

If they are terminating their program in 6 days, have you received notice since they are required to give 7 days notice?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Who is the advertiser?

If they are terminating their program in 6 days, have you received notice since they are required to give 7 days notice?

Snowman, what kind of email should I receive? The last email I received from CJ came on 15.07.2007. It's subject is :"Commission Junction Advertiser Status Update" and it's body is something like this:

You have received this email because one or more of the advertisers you are affiliated with in the Commission Junction network has recently been temporarily deactivated.

The advertisers you are affiliated with that have been temporarily deactivated from the network are listed in the Deactivated Advertisers Report for your convenience. You are encouraged to check....

Is this the email you mentioned?

ABW Ambassador
    Who is the Advertiser?

Who is the Advertiser?
    Oops, sorry. Advertiser is "Weblo" which joined CJ on 21-Mar-2007. Now Cj lists it as "Ends 26-Jul-2007".

So does it mean that I should receive an email on 19-Jul-2007? Does it come from the advertiser or Cj?

ABW Ambassador
    Have you ever been paid by this Advertiser for leads generated before last month?

I suspect that CJ extended the leads due to non-payment by the Advertiser.

It's very unusual for a program to end so soon after it began.

You should see this Advertiser listed under Program Terms Set to Expire on the lower righthand side of the CJ Account Manager. They are not required to send an email.

No I started to promote Weblo at the beginning of this month. Right now there are 165 leads that have been extended.

I assume that an advertiser must keep enough money in their account as a deposit in order to run a merchant account. At least it's in this way in Shareasale.

If their account is still active and the banners etc. work shouldn't I expect to be paid for these leads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mybest
    If their account is still active and the banners etc. work shouldn't I expect to be paid for these leads?
    One would think...but this is CJ and not SaS. So...well...for your sake, I hope so...
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

ABW Ambassador
    I've never heard of transactions being extended during the same month they occurred.

Merchants are supposed to keep enough money in their account but it is not always enforced. CJ allowed Ameriquest to remain active for months while they weren't paying their affiliates.

While I don't know what is going on here, I would say there is a good chance something is going on that is not a good sign since they have only been in CJ for such a short time. I would not expect to be paid.

So they continue to deliver traffic to their site even if they don't pay any fees

I don't understand Cj... And why they are still the biggest network...

I've never heard of transactions being extended during the same month they occurred.

Merchants are supposed to keep enough money in their account but it is not always enforced. CJ allowed Ameriquest to remain active for months while they weren't paying their affiliates.

While I don't know what is going on here, I would say there is a good chance something is going on that is not a good sign since they have only been in CJ for such a short time. I would not expect to be paid.

Just a note, leads are extended in the same day... I am going to remove the links altough it's too late.

Another Cj disappointment...

ABW Ambassador
    No different than the other networks I work with. It's a tough industry to make a living from and many lead-based programs are full of fraud on both the advertiser and publisher sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Mybest
    So they continue to deliver traffic to their site even if they don't pay any fees

I don't understand Cj... And why they are still the biggest network...
    Biggest and best are two different things.

If we could only figure out how to get the merchants to see the light. There are many other credible options available to them......

and they have have forums here....

and they participate......

and the actually shive a git about both sides....

As expected, all the leads deleted completely. It's like the leads never exist! I can not find any place that says the leads removed because of this or that reason. They just disappeared...

Yes, best and biggest is very different. I hope best becomes the biggest someday...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Affiliate Marketing should be treated like any other business. File a complaint with the Better Business Journal and the Attorney General of the state they are in. It looks like the site is hosted in Canada: http://whois.domaintools.com/weblo.com

File a complaint with the hosting company too. It may not get you any where but it will give you some satisfaction. A legitimate company would not want have a negative rating.

Here are two businesses on that street:
    http://data.ottawa.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=15585
    http://data.ottawa.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=25671

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Affiliate Marketing should be treated like any other business. File a complaint with the Better Business Journal and the Attorney General of the state they are in. It looks like the site is hosted in Canada: http://whois.domaintools.com/weblo.com

File a complaint with the hosting company too. It may not get you any where but it will give you some satisfaction. A legitimate company would not want have a negative rating.

Here are two businesses on that street:
    http://data.ottawa.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=15585
    http://data.ottawa.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=25671

Thanks for the information Chuck. I am not sure which one is more "guilty" about this problem. Is it the merchant or CJ which give permission to this kind of unethical behaviors.

I attached 2 gif files to this post which shows my acount before and after the leads deleted by Weblo (or cj?).

Why do CJ hides all the information related with these leads? I mean they are not voided, they are not rejected. Total of 219 leads just disappeared from my account without any notification as they never exists. Cj deletes all the information and the evidence you can use to complaint to any merchant or Better Business Journal and the Attorney General. I captured a screenshoot every day from my account after reading Snowman's post about this subject. I am glad that Snowman warned me about this and now at least, I have something to show to other affiliates so they can stay away from Cj.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Have you gone through the process of submitting a question to CJ and if so what was their response?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Have you gone through the process of submitting a question to CJ and if so what was their response?
    No, I only contacted Weblo sometime ago and they said that they will pay the leads. I haven't contacted with CJ yet. I am sure Cj will direct me to the advertiser as they always do. I don't feel that I can do anyting as Cj never cares about affiliates and weblo is not an advertiser of Cj anymore.

For me Cj is over. There are lots of good affiliate networks to work with.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread