Just found Popshops
    Hi,

I just found Popshops. I found a similar company that charges something like $500 and then $97 a month (they also host your site).

So, it looks like Popshop is exactly what I am looking for but I do have a question: is there a referral program to Popshops itself? And, also, most affiliate networks have affiliate programs, right? How does that work?

This is a great idea. My brother lives in Seattle (software developer) and I have spent quite a bit of time there. Great city to be based in!

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

Welcome! No, we don't have a referral program at this time. But we do send out batches of good karma for referrals, which has been associated with wealth, fame, and good health.*

Could you please clarify the question about affiliate networks & programs?

Also, if your brother is a Ruby on Rails person, please tell him to give me a call. :-)

- JessieJ

* No Warranty Expressed or Implied

Hi Jesse,

I am glad you added the warranty! I am taking the New York bar exam Tuesday and Wednesday so that got a laugh out of me.

My question with regard to affiliate networks relates to the fact that I think some of them also pay referral bonuses. So, it appears that any referral bonus would be paid to Popshops based on the fact that you don't track referrals for Popshops itself. Does that make sense? In other words, if if you paid a referral and I referred someone to Popshop, I would get a "payout" when the person I referred started the monthly membership with Popshops. Then, if that same person joined affiliate networks that I was a member of, I would also get a referral bonus (assuming it was a network that paid a referral bonus) when that person joined the affiliate networks (paid to me by the affiliate networks).

Also, not sure if he knows Ruby on Rails or not. I will ask him!

Take care,

James

I've been nagging Jessie to add a referral program for ages now. I'm enjoying all the karma i'm getting though

Sue.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarnett
    My question with regard to affiliate networks relates to the fact that I think some of them also pay referral bonuses. So, it appears that any referral bonus would be paid to Popshops based on the fact that you don't track referrals for Popshops itself. Does that make sense? In other words, if if you paid a referral and I referred someone to Popshop, I would get a "payout" when the person I referred started the monthly membership with Popshops. Then, if that same person joined affiliate networks that I was a member of, I would also get a referral bonus (assuming it was a network that paid a referral bonus) when that person joined the affiliate networks (paid to me by the affiliate networks).
    Hi James,

Let me see if I understood your question right. Some networks, like LinkShare for example, do indeed pay referral bonuses if a new affiliate is referred to them.

Currently most new users who come to PopShops already have relationships with the various networks we represent although perhaps not with all the merchants in that network. So if a new user who already has a relationship with LinkShare joins a new LS merchant, no referral fee is given.

If however a user who is new to the affiliate space, joins PopShops then after perusing our toolset decides to join LS then we do receive a referral fee currently. This is pretty uncommon first because people new to the affiliate channel usually find a merchant that they want to work with first, then the network that merchant is on, then they start to think about how to quickly/efficiently display that merchants links and only then do they find out about cool 3rd party tools like ours.

Currently we do not have a referral system in place, which is why we owe wonderful loyal users like Sue a tone of gratitude (and a few backrubs). Although we are considering it as an option as we expand the tools and services we offer.

Does that answer you question James?
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Angel and Jessie,

Thanks for answering my questions. I am sure I will have more...

Take care,

James

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Hi James,

Jessie and Angel are great people. Great product too.
    Getting the good Karma from jessie too

Regards,

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread