Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Baseball coach killed by line drive
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Heard that coming back from lunch. Man, that's awful. Talk about freak accidents.

Man oh man, what a tragedy. His wife is pregnant and due in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by beachcom
    Man oh man, what a tragedy. His wife is pregnant and due in a few months.
    Yes, that is a bummer of the worst kind. Such a freak accident.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

He's from Binghamton, NY, just down the road from here. Also the town in which Billy Martin died.

This is indeed a sad story...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    I read this article this morning, sad indeed. Maybe they will wear proctective gear like the players do, it will look weird but will definitely save a life.
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilio-ARC
    I read this article this morning, sad indeed. Maybe they will wear proctective gear like the players do, it will look weird but will definitely save a life.
    Dodger announcer Vin Scully has been campaigning for decades to require base coachs to wear batting helmets, to no avail. Maybe now something will happen.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager
    I am pretty sure there is already one major league 3rd base coach that wears a helmet. Can't remember who though. I know when Gary Sheffield comes up, the Tigers 3rd base coach stands almost in the dugout.

Quote Originally Posted by Chet_B
    I am pretty sure there is already one major league 3rd base coach that wears a helmet. Can't remember who though. I know when Gary Sheffield comes up, the Tigers 3rd base coach stands almost in the dugout.
    Yeah, it would seem like common sense wouldn't it? It's kind of ironic that in a society that is so advanced in so many areas, that common sense safety measures are often overlooked.

A good example are motorcycle riders who do not wear a helmet. Sure, it looks "cooler" without a helmet, but a head doesn's look so cool when it hits the pavement or another vehicle at 65 MPH.

Hopefully this poor man's tragedy may catch the commissioners attention and a basic common sense solution results.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chet_B
    Mark McGuire's third base coach used to do the same thing. He said there was no way he could get out of the way if it was coming his way.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I feel bad for the baseball player, that's got to be horrible, knowing a ball you hit killed somebody.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

You're right Elbow. He might not be taking a full cut at the ball for quite some time. Although a complete accidental tragedy with no one at fault, his guilt must be awful.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate Manager
    When I was playing ball in high school I hit a foul ball and it hit a kid on the foot. He started crying pretty hard and had to limp out of the game. I felt pretty bad about it. I can't even imagine how this guy is feeling right now.

It's certainly a rough go. My thoughts and prayers go out to both families involved. Such a freak accident!

It would definitely be hard to really put your heart into swinging a bat after that. I hope the organization is paying for the guy to see a counselor!
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

I read this story yesterday and my heart goes out to that family. It's such a freak accident and to be taken so young is always a tragedy.

I was probably saved by a batting helmet. I don't know why base coaches aren't required to wear them. During softball practice in high school, I was running home from third. I was two steps away from home when the JV first baseman threw a fastball directly at my head. The ball glanced the helmet and shattered my glasses before hitting my left eye. I was fortunate enough to end up with just a concussion, a black eye, and a broken pair of glasses. Thank goodness it wasn't the varsity first baseman. She threw much harder and faster. Needless to say, practice ended early that day.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread