Current Online Sales Numbers
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in posting how their online sales status: Very Bad, Bad, Not So Good, Good, Great, Best Ever etc...

I'm currently experiencing some very bad online sales numbers and have no way of knowing if this is just how sales are at the moment or if there is some other problem.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I guess it's all relative. Have you had X number of sales consistently up until recently? Or do you have fluctuations normally and your now in the low end of the fluctuation?

For me, I am seeing higher than normal sales this month from CJ merchants. The bottom line is still low based on my goals/expectations though.

Are you selling Halloween costumes and Christmas decorations or summer sportswear and back-to-school items?

It depends.

Since around June 27 my sales have been on an average about 1/10 what they normally are. Normal for this time. Normal for about 5 months or so.

My clickthrough rate hasn't changed. CJ says its just slow but I don't believe them. I think there is something wrong with their tracking system. If there is someone from CJ here then speak up!

On a side note: The affiliate I'm using was sold to another corporation about this time (late june). I don't know if this is a coincidence or what.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by realitystate
    On a side note: The affiliate I'm using was sold to another corporation about this time (late june). I don't know if this is a coincidence or what.
    Do you mean merchant rather than affiliate? If so, please name the merchant. Then others can let you know what their experience is with that merchant.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Our sales have started to pick up. I think seasonally we are just passing one of the weakest retail times of year overall. But it certainly depends on your market and what your products are.

Thanks for the replies. I really don't want to say who the merchant is at this time. I'm also not saying it has anything to do with the merchant. I've never had a problem with them and they've always paid. It's highly competitive and not really seasonal products.

I know there are slow times but this is the worst it's ever been in the 9 years I've been working with them. I think it's with the tracking system or something?

ABW Ambassador
    So you think there is a tracking problem with a particular merchant, yet you won't name the merchant. BRILLIANT!

Sometimes its a tracking problem try a test order or email the Merchant or AM. But it is Summer people aren't at their computers ordering like us CyberDudes and dudettes.

Quote Originally Posted by affmark98
    Sometimes its a tracking problem try a test order or email the Merchant or AM. But it is Summer people aren't at their computers ordering like us CyberDudes and dudettes.
    how do you do a test order?

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    You make a purchase through your affiliate link to see if it tracks. You must assume the cost of the purchase yourself.

If your dealing with the Merchant directly you might have to test it yourself. But if there is an Affiliate manager managing their program the AM can perform the test for you!

Quote Originally Posted by affmark98
    If your dealing with the Merchant directly you might have to test it yourself. But if there is an Affiliate manager managing their program the AM can perform the test for you!
    Doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose of doing a test purchase? If you want to do a test purchase because you suspect the merchant is lying, then it wouldn't make much sense to ask them to do the test for you.

No, I think it's worth a test purchase done by yourself.

ABW Ambassador
    "I was wondering if anyone would be interested in posting how their online sales status: Very Bad, Bad, Not So Good, Good, Great, Best Ever etc..."

I'm actually having the best month of the year so far as I'm sure are others. And you'll find others having the worst and everything in between. And you'll find that every single month of every single year with every single network and every single merchant out there.

But in your case you're going to need to do a test purchase yourself since you're not offering up any information where people can help you, like the merchant you're having a problem with.

Last 3 days have been very bad. prior to this week, sales have been great this month. trust is right; sales are different for everyone. some people say summers are slow, when gas is up sales are no good..but i've been marketing online for 7 years. i always did pretty good in the summer.

if there's one thing that's hurting me; i'd have to say its higher PPC costs..and we all know those are going to go higher.

I'd say it's been one of my best months ever since the holiday season, and that's even with my worst week ever starting off the month (Jul 1-6).

it all depends on the season of things and what is hot or not...
    Visit me over at... [URL=http://www.socialrankings.com]Social Rankings[/URL] or [URL=http://revenuerobot.blogspot.com]Revenue Robot[/URL]

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread