I think I need a break....
    Well, I think I've finally cracked as of today.

Between launching our new site (such as it is), soft launching two SAS programs, battling with a Windows web host on getting a dedicated server/MSSql set up, keyword research blah blah blah, I think I've snapped.

I just made a jack ass out of myself (kind of) over at Shawn's blog because I refuted something after completely misreading one of his posts, then in fact skipping part of it. Yay me. My eyes aren't even working anymore. I'm all for a good debate, but only when it's warranted...

I'm not sure my wife remembers me. But that was a problem before all this... ;p

Anyways, I need to disappear for a few days before we set up a forum here and really launch the programs, and more importantly, before I have an aneurism.

So fare thee well... I'll call you when I wake up
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

http and a telephoto
    **hugs** take care of you and get reaquainted with the spouse, you will need her support in the days to come.

Knowing when to take a break is just as important as working hard ...

(raises hand as someone that learned that the hard way)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    welcome to the "messed-up-bad-by-misreading-or-misunderstanding-or-misinterpreting" club.

as vice president, i'll be sending you your eating crow merit badge and adding you to our very lengthy virtual mailing list.

your dues are nearly paid, to complete that process, send that email to Shawn admitting it all and posting the same there, on his property.

i've also approved your mini-break and copied the executive committee, but know that we're intolerant concerning any lack of self-forgiveness - you are expected to completely return to past form after briefly unclogging your overworked mind.

see you on the other side, friend.

Saw Donuts reply in email and had to stop back for a second.

Fine. I will.

But please send me the executive welcome kit....

And thanks DC.

Now I'm really out...
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

ABW Ambassador
    "I just made a jack ass out of myself (kind of) over at Shawn's blog because I refuted something after completely misreading one of his posts, then in fact skipping"

I read that about the booth babes but it wasn't bad at all and we all misread or misinterpret things from time to time.

Take a breath, take a gooooooood rest........ We'll be here when you come back, Kevin.

Enjoy every moment (of your mini-vacation).

Geno

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Mmm, booth babes. Noth, take care of yourself, kick back and keep cool in the Rochester heat (aie, my A/C has been on a lot the last couple days), and have some frozen 'ritas over at Don Pablo's or a nice English pub dinner and tall beers over at the Old Toad. I think I'll do some of those things myself!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Trust I read that about the booth babes but it wasn't bad at all and we all misread or misinterpret things from time to time.[/QUOTE]

Pardon me?? I have never misread, misinterpreted or misunderstood anything in my adult life, and I'm proud to say that here, loud and clear. That's one of the things I like so much about being here in the MSN investor forum.

Kevin,

Put the business away for a couple days, kick back, relax, get your buttocks into that pontoon boat and spend a day fishing, and let the cob webs clear. We all get short at times, and we all say things we regret in after thought.

As for misunderstanding or misreading something, pish tush - it happens all the time. Especially when it is typed words as opposed to eye to eye discussion. So FO-Git aboutit - relax and see ya soon.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    Put the business away for a couple days, kick back, relax, get your buttocks into that pontoon boat and spend a day fishing.........
    Yeaaaaa...... A day or two of fishing is what you need, Kevin. Bring some photos back too.

Geno

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Yeaaaaa...... A day or two of fishing is what you need, Kevin. Bring some photos back too.
    I second that! Hope you get some much deserved r&r
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

I am so trying to. But I can't... just yet. Why is it so hard to find a dedicated Windows server with reasonable pricing on MSSql database access and PCI Compliance?

HMMMM?

Anyways, shutting down the PC in 20 minutes regardless. Beer anyone?

The last host I requested service from declined the Credit Card for fraud. LOL. Everything I touch today breaks.

And thanks Trust for bringing my issue to the Limlight. I was hoping it would disappear... but nooooo....
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Hope you enjoy your break Kevin.

We all need to get away from work and chill out at times. Last time I overdid it, my brain exploded. Not good. Better to know when you've reached maximum load and walk away. A fresh perspective is part of the reward too.

And phooey on your posting blunder ... I second what Trust said. Own up and move on.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Sitting in the ROC airport. Heading up to see my brother, sister in law and little niece, as well as sequester myself for some more work in Portland, ME, and Cape Cod.

Still some work to do (HA!), but I'll have salt water to look at and smell for a bit.

Didn't make it to the Old Toad, but that was a great friggin suggestion.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

http and a telephoto
    Ah the Old Toad, is that still open? Great place.... almost worth going back for a visit.... nah...

Enjoy Cape Cod, take pics!!!! Walk on the ocean at low tide.... it's awesome. (that is something I need to go do again some day).
    Deborah Carney

http and a telephoto

a sunset over the atlantic from cape cod MANY years ago....
    Deborah Carney

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Kevin,

The stripers and bluefish are all over the cape right now. If nothing else, you can do a little walk - wade surf casting for a couple hours. Now that's a definite stress reliever! Enjoy your time.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Did a lot of traveling and had a lot of fun. Still got quite a bit of work in, but it felt great, and the change of scenery was a big help. I'll get some pictures up to view soon.

Amazing how just a different chair in a different room can be helpful often....
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    Amazing how just a different chair in a different room can be helpful often....
    Yup. I like even a short drive in the firebird. That helps clear my head.
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    I am so trying to. But I can't... just yet. Why is it so hard to find a dedicated Windows server with reasonable pricing on MSSql database access and PCI Compliance?
    We don't do Windows (sorry for the old joke), but I have heard only good things about Cartika: www.cartikahosting.com
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

Actually, Cartika comes highly recommended at WHT, as I recall....
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Noth, I feel the same way my friend. Sometimes my head is really messed up and I feel like exploding. :S

The best thing that I find that clears up my head is outdoor physical activity. Luckily, Vancouver is the outdoor capital and it is great in that way. All of that green surroundings, the clean air, plus the sweating is just the right formula for stress. You get it out of your system. Then just go home, take a shower, take a nap, and you are as good as new.
    Alex
    AlexBet.com - Professional Website Design, Website Development, Mobile App Development!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Benjamin Franklin

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread