Unhappy How do you know if one of your merchants are not reporting sales?
    I was wondering if you do any test purchases through affiliate sites from time to time to see if purchases are reported back to you.

I'm not going to post the merchant here but I do see they are listed with you.
    And since May this merchant has not reported two of my test purchases from my site. Even tho both were made by fiends in differents states.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert the builder
    I was wondering if you do any test purchases through affiliate sites from time to time to see if purchases are reported back to you.
    Yes, we actually have a Test Purchase forum here for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert the builder
    I'm not going to post the merchant here but I do see they are listed with you.
    And since May this merchant has not reported two of my test purchases from my site. Even tho both were made by fiends in differents states.
    You should post the merchant so you can get input from others and to compare notes. If others are seeing the same, then there is probably a problem somewhere.

I'm not an affiliate of goldencan, but I am thinking of becoming a member.
    The Merchant in question is TD. apreviated of course.
    Been their affiliate through LS for over 4 years. My Site is almost 100% them.

ABW Ambassador
    So the problem is more Tiger Direct. If it's a purchase you've done yourself, you can post about it here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Also maybe in the Tiger Direct forum or call/contact them to check on the problem.

I see my post got moved. I was kinda asking the question to goldencan wondering if they make test purchases or not to check their merchats?

Yes the last purchase was a personal purchase made through a friend in a different State. Not much of a sale but should have tracked anyway.

ABW Ambassador
    Ah alright, moved it back.

In regards to the issue of merchants not tracking sales:

GoldenCAN in the past, has made test purchases from time to time before the merchant went live because we felt it was necessary.

This is not always the case. We do not make test purchases for every merchant that goes live on GoldenCAN.

Thank you,
    Michele
    http://www.GoldenCAN.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michele - GoldenCAN
    In regards to the issue of merchants not tracking sales:

GoldenCAN in the past, has made test purchases from time to time before the merchant went live because we felt it was necessary.

This is not always the case. We do not make test purchases for every merchant that goes live on GoldenCAN.

Thank you,
    Michele
    http://www.GoldenCAN.com
    Thanks for the replay Michele;

Quess I'll Have to keep looking for now.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Goldencan has so much physical click exposure they could act as the transparancy source for publishing the average conversion ratio of all their merchants. It should show higher then any normal conversion ratios from other network generated creatives.

You can bet this will never happen as none of their Network connected merchants would want this dirty linen hung out for all to see. Remember every shopper generated click lands on a product page of interest. I asked Asif about providing this conversion average report when GC first launched.... and several times since. Obviously a taboo subject even though GC cannot be manipulated by affiliate spammers.

Google Analytics tells it all, with no punches pulled, in a variety of ways for even a small niche merchant. 4 day report for one site
    Visits =18,064
    Revenue -The total revenue, including tax and shipping, from e-commerce transactions. Revenue =$34,841.05
    Transactions -The total number of e-commerce transactions. Transactions =532
    Average Value -The average value of an e-commerce transaction. Average Value =$65.49
    Conversion Rate -The percentage of visits which resulted in an e-commerce transaction. Conversion Rate =3.95%
    Per Visit Value -Average per-visit value is the average value of a visit to your site and is calculated as Revenue divided by Visits. Per Visit Value =$1.93

PayPal and Google Checkout sales not included in transaction or sales totals so conversion rate is much higher..
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread