really new newby needs some advice
    Hi

I have just registered with this site. I run a small company that designs and sells traditional wooden toys and games as well as other gift / child related products. We are just about to launch a new retail site. We work off a margin that allows us to pay sales commissions of 15% of total order value less shipping. The site has a Jrox affiliate manager integrated in it.

My issue comes from not have ever done this before and needing some advcie on where to get started. At certain times of year our products sell in vast quantities and I am working on the premis that sharing the profit with those that provide us with sales is a positive way to market the site.

Any ideas or suggested recources for me are very welcome. Sorry for the ignorance.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Hi Sky, welcome to ABW. You may want to consider an OPM for your project. There are some good ones here who could probably shed some light on the many things that need to be considered.

The revenue share concept you refer to can be a good incentive provided that your definition of "sharing" is realistic, but an OPM can discuss that with you.

Good luck with your project and welcome to the lodge.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Hi Alan

Thanks for this, pardon my ignorance but what does OPM stand for?

SM

OPM - Outsourced Program Management

This truly is your most effective way of getting things on track quickly and efficiently.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    OPM is definitely what you need, find them here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Sorry, but I just saw your question Sky. What the guys said + it would be to your great benefit to research threads here dealing with issues that are new to you, but have very likely been answered (sometimes numerous times) in past threads. Folks here are much more helpful / responsive to new member questions if they can see that the member has been doing their homework. It shows that you care enough to research.

BTW, we all start somewhere - so don't ever feel embarrassed or stupid asking a question. You learn by reading, asking, staying at it, and then reading, asking and staying at it.

Good luck & again welcome!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread