Exclamation Soooooooooo Slowwwwwwww
    I use a broadband high speed cable internet - loads are on the average a couple of seconds at the most. I have decided to use Goldencan on a number of different websites I run. Too often the load time, for me with my isp is 3 minutes plus. I hate to think I am going to have to move all of the scripts into tables at the bottom of all my pages, just so my page itself will load - I would like to give this product better exposure, I think it would be a great tool.

Abigail .. I've been working on this aggravation since 10 last night and finally discovered that if I take Overstock and Walmart off the Custom search boxes for the sites that are really Soooooooooooooooooo slow if I have other stores in the same category, the pages load at a tolerable speed. I don't know how my pages other pages with Custom search boxes are doing .. but I'll bet I've got the Big SuperStores on them too.
    Last edited by KariBon; August 7th, 2007 at 08:47 AM. Reason: forgot to use the word Custom

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The major brand merchants could very well be the problem. We've gripped for years to have Walmart, Overstock and even tigerdirect to purge their LS feeds of million of OOS products. At one point Overstock said the feed SKU's had 8 million OOS products slowing down the individual product link generator.

You'd think LS and CJ, who no longer easily report individual product sales success data, would insist merchant's purge their feeds.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread